ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Settlement: Colossus

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on Apr 9, 10 3:27 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Settlement: Colossus? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

This game was great! It offered the best combination of a city building game and a hidden object search.

After a few minutes of playing the trial game, I was hooked and new right away that I had to purchase it!

I have tried a lot of games, and this one stood out the most for original game play! Highly recommended!

5 "Thumbs Up" out of 5!!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Settlement: Colossus

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 11, 10 7:34 AM
This is the most relaxing, most beautiful game i've ever played.

I've been playing it now for about 4 days, and it just keeps going on and on and on. Though I'm sure I'm playing it all wrong and i'm not supposed to have over 1500 reeds! But I don't care. The graphics and the sound track are so lovely that when I eventually do reach the end, I'll probably play it all over again!

As someone else said .. it's very addictive.

A wonderful game. Thanks BF.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 11, 10 10:28 AM
Absolutely wonderful game. I don't like TM games and would have assumed this was one when I read the description, but since it was listed as a HOG I gave it a try. As others said, "relaxing" and "addictive". I was sorry when it ended. Very, very well done game. You can really tell the game designers thought this through at every step. I didn't like the music and turned it off, but other than that it was great.

[Post New]by loriso on Apr 11, 10 2:26 PM
can anyone tell me how to fix the saw.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 11, 10 6:38 PM
talisman018 wrote:I think Anam_Crait said it best. The review is basically everything I would have to say. I personally love this type of game and would like to see more of it's kind.

It's part strategy/TM and part HOG. Look for the resources your people need to rebuild their kingdom. Try and get to the point where you can trade as fast as possible, since that really will be helpful to you.

Honestly, it's nothing like "Return To Ravenhurst". It's much more like "Sim Creator" for the Nintendo DS system, which might help some of you who have it. The difference is that you get to actually hunt for the things your people need.

I highly recommend it for those who want something not too difficult (there is a constantly refilling hint bar and "sparkles" that will help you out in the item search, and you can skip mini-games if you like). It's for those of us who want to build a civilization from the ground up and go on a treasure hunt for items while doing

I give it five stars.
Have fun!!

While I did enjoy the trial of this game I was hesitant about it after reading talisman's suggestion which is, "try and get to the point where you can trade as fast as possible." Anytime speed is mentioned in order to succeed in a game, I tend to run the opposite way. If a game requires speed, then it isn't for me. That's why I stay away from the majority of Match 3 and TM games. Any requirement of speed takes the fun out of a game for me because, then, it just becomes a stress inducer, leaving no ability to enjoy the game.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Apr 13, 10 1:52 AM
I had such a blast playing this game. Every mission was clear as crystal. Every task was used directly in the game. Wahoo, what fun!! You start sooooo small with what is needed and then, BOOM, the city expands and you have more requests than you can handle - it's time to hire an assistant (just kidding) but it is such fun. Urge you to buy this game if you are teetering on the edge.

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on Apr 14, 10 5:21 PM
I loved this game. Graphics are gorgeous, and it didn't bother me that you searched for the same objects (needs for the settlement) over and over because the locations did vary. I just finished the game and plan to replay it in a few days. It is not a time management game IMHO because there are no penalties or clock dictating when you need to be finished. There is no breakneck speed necessary...just a nice relaxing game.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 15, 10 5:28 AM
I do like this game very much. Although I had to download and reinstall it to be able to open it and play. Problem with a DLL file. For some reason it continued where it was though... I did not know BF knew everything about where we are in a game . The last day I let my computer on all night not to have to do that again. Still waiting for an answer from the Customer Support team. I want to play it again, and this time fulfill all the tasks but won't before it runs ok.

I thought there were 13 or 15 chapters and was disappointed that after Chapter 6 it all started to zero again - actually I thought I had another problem with the game . So when it ended I was sad about the way it did. All that stuff I grabbed here and there has no use. I wish they would have let us continue playing just for the fun of it, without any new tasks.

Next time I start a new game I will take my time before completing the last task in each chapter, especially number 6.

Maybe this tells me I would enjoy a real time management game - same type - on a larger scale, one that has no end in reality.

Yes, a good game indeed and I used no hints at all. Stuff is just difficult enough to find and when we don't see a thing, it shines so we gather all we need easily.

Caution: for those who are scared of thunder be aware that it is REAL in our ears!

So, and a bit of

No editing done guys.

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 12:24:15 PM PST

[Post New]by rebelandsmokey on Apr 16, 10 2:15 AM
hi there, have totally enjoyed playing this game, been fun collecting and researching the different bits just makes you wonder what it woulf of been like back in the ancient times. Im still playing it, definitly a game you could easily play again. be great if there was a sequel or another time game like this. cheers to all who made it you did well.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 17, 10 3:17 PM
I downloaded this in March and just played it today for the first time - what a fun game!!! I was on vacation - and have been trying all the games I'd missed. This was the only one that grabbed me (besides the vampire one, which, tho I loved it, creeped me out). What a nice change of pace. The hour flew by - off to buy.

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Apr 19, 10 2:37 PM
P.S. - just played this for the 3rd time and started a 4th. It's so relaxing and there were so many things to find each time, I can't remember where things were specifically. So it's always interesting. Each time I play I am more focused on what I really need so that adds a good kick. There's also awards to receive for the speed you are going through the game each time you play should you want to do the breakneck thing - however I do like the slow and lazy pace you can adopt for this.

I've kept it on my desktop to play randomly - just for the heck of it. I've kept some games on my desktop for the extra mini games they offer, but it's the first entire game I have EVER done that with. A real keeper for sure.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 2:41:26 PM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Apr 23, 10 10:43 PM
5 stars! The music's nice and it's enthralling. I've just been playing it for 3 hours. For those who said you do the same things over and over I do not think so. You may have the same screen but the items you're looking for is always in a different place. You have to make sure they have food and wood and then keep finding what they need to keep them advancing. I'm on Chapter 3 now and it's something to get everything for all the things they require.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 24, 10 3:09 PM
Absolutely loved this game..so much that I wrote the developers to say so. I've played it through 3 times now...takes hours to do it each time. Now I'd like them to move to middle ages etc.
The graphics were superb, the music very nice. The place is addictive. The only thing I didn't like was the mind set change once the settlement got into marble and the goliath they built. Kind of ruined the mood to the place...working together, etc etc.
I can't say enough good things about ..a real wow of a game, beautifully put together and completely addictive ....you come away, if you can..really liking the people and yourself. Not bad.

[Post New]by theoldun on Apr 26, 10 4:42 AM
Excellent game and certainly good value for money. Some games for same price you can complete within an evening. Not this one! Am on my 5th time play, find it addictive and very interesting as each screen even if repeated had objects in different places. No time management so very relaxing. More of these please.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 29, 10 8:23 PM
This game is great! I've played it all the way through - took days - and am replaying to try and get every possible thing. I'm not sure how to tell the developers how much I love it - but hope they'll read this! Every detail is so well thought out. I went for a walk today and kept looking at sticks on the ground as something I needed to gather. Great job!

Paristan
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Paristan on Apr 30, 10 3:02 PM
I love this game. The hidden objects have a point - not just finding stuff for the sake of finding stuff.
It reminds me of a cross between a My Tribe type of game - with research objectives; the object of building an empire, like Cradle of Persia (which I still haven't managed to win!) and a HOG. The graphics are lovely and it is very laid back. All in all a very satisfying game to play.
I am definitely buying this game.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 8, 10 5:19 PM
A most intriguing game!!! I've never experienced such a delightful game! We couldn't stop playing it! Building a settlement and taking care of the people was a BIG responsibility! Kudos to Alawar for developing a top-of-the-line game! What creativity! Kept our interest from start to finish and we played for 2 days straight! The animation was delightful and we spent considerable time watching the people and their activities. Thank you so much for this memorable experience!! This game is why we go to BFGs. Will there be a sequel?

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 5:22:35 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 8, 10 8:00 PM
Just finished the second time through - and reading the reviews, it looks like several more times are in order! To the developers: Great job!!! The attention to detail (the snails - so cool), the story line, the multi-tasking, the searching for stones and gems, needing to keep enough food - a balancing act so beautifully orchestrated. This is why I am a gamer! Thanks!!!

SueB990
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Anxiously awaiting MORE!!

[Post New]by SueB990 on May 14, 10 8:22 AM
I have been a member of Big Fish for many years now, and I can honestly say this is one of the BEST games I have ever gotten from them. You can choose your own pace, and it is such fun to watch your settlement grow! It's educational too, as you have to gather certain objects to make other ones. I sure hope the developers make more of this type of game. It has such possibilities!!

[Post New]by Elfqueen on Jun 8, 10 11:19 AM
This game is fantastic. Love the mix of building a community and HOG. Does anybody know of any others like this? Even got my nephew hooked who then went home and bought it too!

Go to: