TrinB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by TrinB on Jul 1, 17 2:20 PM
I guess I should have read the comments before using 2 game credits on it...
I have tried every possible thing (uninstall, reboot reinstall, update all drivers etc.) and still I cannot play this game. I continue to get access violation errors. What can I do? Windows 10 OS.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 1, 17 4:05 PM
@TrinB
This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes, so I'm giving you this for a suggestion as something to try, just in case.
I really hope that you work this out one way or another, not being able to play one of your purchased games sucks

For anyone having trouble opening a game whilst using Windows 10, maybe give this a go. It's worth a try.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

tonker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tonker on Jul 2, 17 5:50 AM
According to the strategy guide should be a map piece within a box in the hallway after you escaped the prison cell.

But I didn't found it in there and now I'm stuck in the game.

Is this a known bug? using pc windows 10

[Post New]by VolfanTM on Aug 8, 17 11:01 AM
The resolution change worked for me, thanks!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 8, 17 11:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to hear lowering the screen resolution has worked for some of you. Just in case, I've included those steps below. They've helped Windows 10 players who had trouble getting the game to load.

1.From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings.
2. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu.
3. Adjust your screen resolution so it's lower than the current setting and click Apply.
4. Try playing your game again.

If your game isn't responding to commands or can't progress, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This can help the game's graphics to interact more smoothly with the computer. I'd also suggest running the game in administrator mode to ensure it has the necessary permissions to access all of the resources it needs.

The help pages below explain both processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If these steps don't help, please contact our Technical Support Team, who'll be the best equipped to provide more support.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Aug 18, 17 4:46 PM
Same issue with me as Judy at the Base. No way to place toggle switch and fan. Re-installed game with no solution. In the past, sometimes there's issues when demo is started and purchased game is continued. May have to use a new user name rather than pick up where the demo stopped. I will re-start game and get back to the forum if issue is resolved using a new user name. If not, I guess the loss is mine since I'm just now playing the game.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Aug 20, 17 9:40 AM
To work out the disappearances of items and other problems, must start game as a new player rather than continue from the demo version. Worked for me. Enjoy!
Yay, Elephant Games Developers!

[Post New]by phoenix5490 on Aug 31, 17 12:25 AM
game immediately terminates with an access violation when launched.
Running under windows 10.

- Dave Pearson

Go to: