textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jun 20, 10 2:24 PM
I've never been a fan of TM or SYM or build a lot or whatever, but I have to say that I am totally addicted to this game. It is so much fun. I'm not very good so far at beating the timer, but I figure I can go back and keep trying, thus increasing the playability for years to come LOL

I really do like it--I think it is done well, even for folks like me who don't really fancy this type of game.

Good job!

teawren
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by teawren on Jul 28, 10 8:47 AM
just finished this game and loved it

i had to take several deep breaths (over nearly a month) before deciding to buy the CE version as i'm pretty much of a cheapskate; i'm not so sure i would have spent the extra money if i'd realized that there was an expert level where you get to play all 63 levels for a second, shorter time; but i did enjoy the extra 30 levels AND the game was well worth it; i have absolutely no regrets at having spent the extra money

can't wait for the next one to come out

[Post New]by kdeszter on Sep 3, 10 6:53 AM
So, before I had bought the Collector's Edition, I read some reviews and thought OK I'll give this game a chance and am going to pay more than usual. I regret my decision. I don't see much difference between this game and the "Build-A-Lot" games, except maybe that this game's graphics are much better. But this feature alone is not worth a lot of money, at least in my opinion. Some people see a similarity between this game and "My Kingdom for the Princess", I don't really. Except that in both games you have to chop wood. I am an addict of "My Kingdom for the Princess", and in my opinion, that game is better than this (plus you can buy both parts of that game for the price of this). Even though you also have to have some strategy in order to get gold on all levels, it is not a big challenge. My Kingdom for the Princess challenges your mind a little bit more. And, as I've already mentioned, this game differs only slightly from "Build-A-Lot" and I expect from an expensive game to be innovative and not only a good copy of an old one. By the way, I played the game from the beginning to the end and got easily gold on all levels. And, the additional levels of the Collector's Edition are not integrated into the story line; therefore, I've found them rather boring. In summary, if you would like to buy this game, I recommend buying the normal edition.

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 7:00:10 AM PST

[Post New]by Lalla64 on Sep 5, 10 8:01 AM
I bought it and it is terrible: i can't play becouse the game close it automatically, again and again.

Really incredible!

OzzieBev
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by OzzieBev on Sep 20, 10 5:53 AM
This is up there with PvZ. Still playing PvZ and I can see myself playing this one again and again too. The CE was worth the extra money for the expert levels. Two more to go and I've got gold on expert as well as normal. : )

Comments for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rainestorme on Sep 27, 10 10:27 AM
I love this game, could not put it down so to speak... My favorite games were My Kingdom for a Princess and Zellians, but this is even better. I plan to go searching now for something else like it... any suggestions? Is there a sequel? I hope to find another like it, it is adorable. Very Well done!!

[Post New]by drgnhrts on Sep 29, 10 6:53 AM
please make a royal envoy 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by d3isme on Dec 6, 10 10:38 PM
I've been delighted at how much I've enjoyed this game.
I'm not a big fan of TM games normally, but after playing World of Zellians and liking it, I was looking for something similar.
I played out the trial it what seemed like only a few minutes, so I knew I was having a good time. That, along with the promise of 30 extra levels, made me decide on the CE. So glad I did.

Things I like about the game:

Graphics are gorgeous. The cut scenes are cute (I appreciate them, but they are not a deal-breaker for me), however, I LOVE the extra animations in the locations - and in the menu screens.

The music is catchy and enjoyable, even after hours on end ;-)

Strategy over time. I really hate having to 'beat the clock' in most games - it stresses me out. Here, the timer just quietly folds up & you can continue figuring out the process. That was what got me to buy the game initially - that I could play it at my own relaxed pace.
Ironically, I then found I did want to take on the challenge of getting a gold star on every level. But I might not have without having the option.
There's nothing to stop players from trying to be faster, yet less experienced or more casual players can still enjoy the game. Perfect game design.
I like the structure very, very much!

Value: 60+ locations at 2 levels each (regular & extra) plus 30 bonus levels. All re-playable for time or strategy, or just because. Absolutely worth the CE price.
Having the strategy guide handy was nice for a couple of particularly tricky sequences. I also enjoyed the 'making of' discussion.

My only disappointment was finding out the game had been released just this year.
I was hoping a sequel was already out, or at least imminent!
Please, more of the same!

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by marloflip on Dec 21, 10 7:16 PM
I love this game! It has given me endless hours of fun... I have just finished the 30 extra games and I have a question...why oh why..did we only get to see circus tent , university, loading dock and build a ship twice in the game, I loved these activities so much..but they could have been used so many more times to make it more interesting.
Other than that , 5 stars from me, heaps of fun. Looking forward to part 2 ???

[Post New]by Alisandra46 on Jan 13, 11 8:02 PM
Love love love this game! The graphics are great. The characters are cute. it has a sense of humor and a real charm about it. Some levels made me "put on my thinking cap" but were not *too* challenging or tedious. A lot of fun!

[Post New]by decrepitude on Feb 18, 11 8:57 AM
I don't usually buy time management games (in fact I avoid them like the plague, I want to be entertained not stressed!). The arthritic fingers just won't move fast enough even if I know exactly what to do and in what order. After finding I could cope reasonably easily with the Colossus Settlement one, I bought this to try after reading the reviews, and it is indeed a great game, with particularly good graphics. As a novice I went for the Collector's edition so that the in-built walkthrough could guide me how to approach this type of game, and it was well worth the extra for that alone. However it is a bit misleading to say the CE gives you 30 extra levels - you get the first 10, then can only move on to the next 10 if you can get seven gold stars. . .and I'm simply not fast enough to do that. Even so it is still great value. Sometimes I played a level deliberately slowly just to watch all that was going on!

I noticed in the reviews of this game several mentions of "My Kindom for the Princess" (or something like that) and trialed the game. I seem to be able to manage the speed more easily on that one, so it is now first on the list for my next game credit.

[Post New]by vericari on Mar 10, 11 3:34 PM
Will there ever be a sequal to Royal Envoy, my absolute favorite game EVER from Big Fish????

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Mar 13, 11 5:16 PM
What a great game. I'm not very good at time management games. That makes the built in walkthrough and tips invaluable. Love the graphics, the characters and the music. Kudos. Still working my way through it, but liking the experience.

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Mar 22, 11 6:39 PM
I usually get HOG games, which were my favourites, but I got the Build-a-lot series and loved them. I haven't got a lot of other TM games, but tried one out on one of my credits and found it fascinating.

I originally didn't get Royal Envoy because I didn't think I would like it! But I decided to look at the forum and see other people's comments, so after decided to take a gamble and buy the Collectors Edition.

How I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Yes, definitely better than the Build-a-Lots. I love the graphics and also get a kick out of watching the cute little folk in the game. Sometimes I have realised that I am not going to make gold so re-do the level, and I don't even get frustrated by that like I did in B-A-L.

So hooked on this game. Thanks to all who gave their reviews. It certainly helps people like me decide whether it is a go or not. Of course, everyone has different tastes, but I found that there were more plusses than negatives on this one, so went for it. Now I will go look on the reviews for Royal Envoy 2 and see if that will be my next game or not!

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Mar 25, 11 8:02 PM
OOPS! Just realised that there IS no royal envoy 2. I was thinking of another game. I do hope that they bring one out soon, though. I think that this is one of the best games yet.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Mar 30, 11 6:16 AM
I love Royal Envoy (RE). Great game and looking forward to a version 2 if it comes out.
But how is this for an idea.

Wouldn't it be great if they could make a game design program for RE. One where you could design your own map with streams, bridges obstacles pirates / robbers and place Castles etc on the map and of course empty lots.

And you could play these maps yourself to test them out (perhaps design some very simple maps for young kids)

Then The makers of Royal Envoy have a competition for the best map plan and people with the designer submit their maps for the competition. The best 60 + entries have their map included in RE 2 or RE 3 and get a complimentary copy of the game.

It is such a great game and so well designed that it would be a shame for there to be only one version.

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Apr 6, 11 11:31 PM
This is one of the best games I've ever played. I originally bought the regular version but soon upgraded to the Collector's Edition for the extra 30 challenges. I've been through it twice now and I just don't get tired of it.

The graphics are excellent, the sound-effects great and the characters are fun. They all have their own "personalities."

I would highly recommend this game. I hope Royal Envoy 2 is ready soon!

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Apr 13, 11 2:11 PM
I purchased this game last month, after positive reviews here, and on anther game forum, Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising [TPR].

I have to admit, I liked TPR more. I wanted something fun, and I just love most TM games. But this one was really confusing. I've completed all of the levels, along with all of the bonus levels, and have scored a gold seal on almost all of them. But I've used the walkthroughs in the game, as well as online, extensively.

And to me, that almost feels like cheating. And it also sucks the fun out of the game. I think when I relaxed and just didn't care about scoring gold, then I had more fun.

Part of the problem, I'll admit, is me. I really like to do well and study all the angles when I play TM games, and study the theory behind why markets should be built rather than banks, and sawmills versus workshops, etc.

In addition, I really stressed about getting the appropriate number of gold seals on the levels in order to finish playing all of the bonus rounds.

I've played this game for weeks. This game has kept my attention for sure. I like the graphics. I wish they'd had more circus levels. And the levels where a cave needs to be cleared in order for gold to be found. I loved the shipbuilding. Yes indeed, I've probably played the last bonus level, To New Shores!, probably 20 times now.

If you like TM games, then feel free to download the free trial version and see if it's for you. I'm giving it 4 out of 5 thumbs up, as it's not my favorite, but it certainly is worthwhile.

Bottom Line: If you don't obsess like I did while attempting perfection on each level, then you will probably enjoy the game. Happy Gaming, Fishes!

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Sep 14, 11 5:27 AM
Have you watched the title screen over a period of a couple of minutes? The butterfly flaps around the screen triggering various actions, and eventually settles: clicking the mouse on various parts of the screen (e.g. the parrot) causes other things to happen. Not "funny ha ha" perhaps, but raises a smile... Thank you, developers!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Played Nov 2010 & Now I'm Playing Again (Feb 2012)

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 20, 12 3:18 AM
I picked Royal Envoy up again today and found I am quite enjoying myself. Its been a year and a quarter and the game is as fun as ever. This is all I ever ask for in a game! That it be a decent length & have some replayability.
I did end my membership here at BFG because of my inability to find more than a handful of games that would give me a decent play length but this one here gives you your money's worth.

Go to: