Re:Welcome to Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors forum

[Post New]by andiOF on Jul 29, 12 1:31 PM
mandm80 wrote:Hello, Can someone please help? I am in the Armory Room and cannot find the powder. I keep asking for a hint and it always goes to the cannon but doesn't help me figure out how to find the powder. I have the ramrod and the cannon ball! Thanks so much!

After picking up the cannon ball, look at the bottom right of the room, there's a helmet there. Open it and you'll find the powder.

[Post New]by Nonicathy on Aug 26, 12 3:04 PM
I am stuck in the observatory, in the little cabinet in the corner. I don't know what I am supposed to do

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Feb 8, 13 9:06 AM
iPad version.

I haven't gotten any help for my problem, but maybe I can help someone else.

The powder for the cannon is in the helmet, lower right side. You have to open the visor first to see it>>> BUT>>> you cannot get the powder or progress any further until:
1. The animal heads are lined up correctly. The image for them opens in the knight's armor chest area lower right after the 2 shots are fired from the rifle.

As near as I can tell, the progress in the Armory goes:
1. Get the 2 cartridges
2. Put the cartridges in the rifle and fire both
3. Check the knights armor for the image of the animal heads.
4. Zoom in and set your animal heads to match.
----------------------------------------------------
Nothing else will be allowed until the heads are set 'right'. That's my problem> the heads are set exactly like the image but #5 didn't open:/
-----------------------------------------------------
5. Get the bracket to move the candle from the 'secret panel' below the animal heads, then take it from Inventory and put on zoomed rope right below the hook.
6. Move the candle to the new location, let it burn the rope to drop the chandelier.
7. Get the cannon ball from the chandelier now on the floor, zoom in on the helmet to get the powder, add both to cannon.

Then you get a HOA which will have the Ramrod to help pack the cannon. BUT #5, 6 and 7 will not be available unless the heads are right.

If anyone can help me with the head settings, I'd be grateful.

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Feb 12, 13 8:05 AM
I am still trying to get through the Armory. I have reworked the entire game numerous times- I was able to get through a few earlier problems. But I still can;t get the animal heads to work. No matter how carefully I position them like the image, nothing happens.

There are a lot of "stuck" problems in the Forum>>>> does anyone help out here?

Mods, do you give any help other than referring to the FAQ?

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Feb 12, 13 8:09 AM
debsm71 wrote:can anyone help?

im in the nursery and am trying to install the 3 lampshades,
in order to do this i have to find the sun, star and moon.

ive found the sun and moon and pressed the hint for the star- however the area that the hint showed me does not contain a star.
is this a glitch in the game or am I doing something wrong? I cant go any further in the game until i get this star but if it wont let me, what do I do ????

I know this is an old post, but if anyone else has this problem:

There is a starfish on the right side of the dresser>>> that's the 'Star' for the lampshade. Pick it up then put it on the fixture from Inventory

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Feb 12, 13 8:17 AM
mandm80 wrote:Hello, Can someone please help? I am in the Armory Room and cannot find the powder. I keep asking for a hint and it always goes to the cannon but doesn't help me figure out how to find the powder. I have the ramrod and the cannon ball! Thanks so much!

I have a couple of posts in this forum about being 'stuck in the Armory.' I am still stuck there- no matter how I position the animal heads like the image, nothing happens so the 'secret compartment' below the heads doesn't show and I don't get the bracket to mount to move the candle, to burn the rope,to make the chandelier fall, to get the cannon ball.

Unless all of this is done, you can't get the powder and load the cannon- even though you can open the helmet visor and see the powder!

[Post New]by pkscott on Jun 22, 13 8:05 AM
Chrissythemoo wrote:
jocelan wrote:I am very angry. I not only bought this game, but paid for the backup disk as well. But I am sending it back as it is defective. You may go as far as the Wine Cellar. But there are two corks missing, so that is the end of that. I am sending the disc back to them and requesting a refund.

I have the same problem, but I downloaded the game. Final 2 corks are missing!

[Post New]by aces_dad on Jun 25, 13 12:02 PM
How to make the 'sun burn bright' in the Observatory:

You have to zoom in on the microscope on the floor, in the middle of the room. Open the small cabinet on the right (don't know if that's necessary). The mirror in the microscope can be rotated to make the sunbeam change angles. Point the sunbeam at the dragon in the upper right, it will then shoot fire from it's mouth. Once that is done you can place the sun in front of it, and it will become 'bright'. Then you can place the sun into the window puzzle and you can rotate the planets.

[Post New]by Ginag77 on Aug 3, 13 5:54 AM
loridori4 wrote:
irish4rose wrote:I AM AT THE SECTION WITH THE TELESCOPE AND UNOPENED WINDOW AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED TO DO TO OPEN THE WINDOW. HELP

You have to line up the 6 planets on the window. Then it will open. Mine is open, but I'm stuck on the telescope now. Lens went to the magnifying glass and it says I'm missing the crank, evevn though I installed it! Hint button not working.
Stuck in the manor...guess they warned me! LoL

[Post New]by Ginag77 on Aug 3, 13 5:56 AM
loridori4 wrote:
irish4rose wrote:I AM AT THE SECTION WITH THE TELESCOPE AND UNOPENED WINDOW AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED TO DO TO OPEN THE WINDOW. HELP

You have to line up the 6 planets on the window. Then it will open. Mine is open, but I'm stuck on the telescope now. Lens went to the magnifying glass and it says I'm missing the crank, evevn though I installed it! Hint button not working.
Stuck in the manor...guess they warned me! LoL

Me too, someone please help! I can't get past he telescope! The window is open and I have he cranks but it won't work. :/

[Post New]by floorsweeper75 on Aug 3, 13 3:09 PM
Busdriver1947 wrote:The planets don't rotate, so you can't line them up.

Go to: