Re:Your Comments and Review for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 18, 10 10:29 AM
I'm really enjoying this game but it's so flipping dark I can hardly see. I've never had this problem with any other game. It fades in and out sometimes so I can see for a bit and then I can't. I've adjusted all my brightness settings. What else can I do?

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Apr 18, 10 1:52 PM
Loved IT!...Sometimes I had to use the walkthrough but otherwise, it is EXCELLENT as always!

That graveyard stuff was Creepy!!...

Make more games!...Yippee!!!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 18, 10 2:29 PM
Well, now I'm at the mosaic in the library and I can't see the freaking thing so I can't go any further and you can't skip the puzzles can you?

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 18, 10 2:50 PM
Hey cottoncandy2,

This game is is on the darker end of the spectrum but it's pretty consistent throughout. When I played this game, it helped to increase the brightness on the monitor screen. It certainly helps with the puzzles and the "evidence" collecting when you can actually see what you're doing, right? Try adjusting your screen brightness on your monitor by using the navigation buttons most likely near the bottom of your monitor by the power button. You can always reset the brightness when you exit your game.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

EllieGr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by EllieGr on Apr 18, 10 3:09 PM
If you liked FBI Confidential: The Art of Murder, you will like this one too.

They are almost the same.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 18, 10 3:14 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey cottoncandy2,

This game is is on the darker end of the spectrum but it's pretty consistent throughout. When I played this game, it helped to increase the brightness on the monitor screen. It certainly helps with the puzzles and the "evidence" collecting when you can actually see what you're doing, right? Try adjusting your screen brightness on your monitor by using the navigation buttons most likely near the bottom of your monitor by the power button. You can always reset the brightness when you exit your game.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

I can't increase it anymore, that's my problem. If the only way they can make their game hard is by making you play in the dark then maybe they should be in a different business. This sucks. I mean I was really enjoying this game shadows and all but now I just can't see the mosaic AT ALL and I can't go any further.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 18, 10 5:17 PM
I was finally able to do the mosaic. It just stayed light long enough and I was lucky to be able to finish it.

SaPTIC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by SaPTIC on Apr 20, 10 8:32 AM
First of all it's great there is a demo of this game. This way you're able to try and see the game running. Had it in the past two times where I bought a game and it just didn't run after installing. BF does a great job though and returns the gamecredit, but it's much frustration downloading a LFgame and then ending up troubleshooting a game that will not run.

Since this game ran flawless I decided to buy the full version. The demo is just the first chapter and I had it finished within the hour.

The game has beautiful scenery and graphics and a lot of different places to visit throughout the game. It is worth to take your time to look around instead of just rushing through the game trying to get to the end. That way you'll miss out of a lot. The gamedesigners did a great job in delivering something awesome.

Gameplay is intuitive and easy. The cursor changes to show what are possible actions. The use of the inventory is easy too and also has the same cursor changes as expected. A very consistent use of features and programming the game. The puzzles aren't very hard and logical so even not experienced adventure gamers could get to the end without using a walkthrough (too much).

The story is quit interesting and develops into a plot you might 've guessed, but still, it's fun to play. The ending of the story is a little bit disappointing though and just leaves you puzzled. There are loose ends, but maybe that means it'll have a sequel.

grahics:
level of puzzles:
gameplay:
originality:
storyline:

overall: ½

one note: when you have played the game it restores your screen resolution the right way, but after a resume out of stand-by or a restart the screen resolution is set to 1024x768. pretty annoying.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 20, 10 4:03 PM
I finished this game, but it was a hassle.The random puzzles sucked.I finally with a lot of clicking and screaming I finally got it.It doesn't do much for your nerves let me tell you. I played L.A Confidential and got as far as the crooks place and had to randomly figure out a phone number.62 tries at changing numbers around i never did get it. 62 switches of these numbers was enough for me. I will never buy a game that has random anything in it.I felted completely cheated out of hours of fun, and mentaly also.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 24, 10 1:16 PM
I'm about halfway through this game. I love it! It can be really difficult at times. This game really requires a lot of thinking and some logic ( at least it did for me...lol ). The graphics are great. The voice acting is a bit dull. I could be wrong but I think Nicole is voiced by the same woman who played Sonya in Sinking Island. I've heard that same voice in quite a few pc games. You might have to run back and forth between screens to recap a conversation or trigger an action. I suppose that's standard in these types of games. So far I've run into a timed sequence with the inner tube. I can't wait to finish it.

[Post New]by ramsfan1936 on Apr 26, 10 11:16 AM
Am stuck, have found and done everything according to the walkthrough but cannot exit out of the door. Also was not able to talk to the police officer about the evidence. Can any one help please?

toshiko
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Will the next Art of Murder be available soon?

[Post New]by toshiko on Apr 27, 10 10:14 AM
Enjoyed this one more than the first Art of Murder.....would like more games of this type..very challenging.
It was good all the way through....the only glitch I had was the movies audio skipped a little, but that did not throw off the game.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 27, 10 4:05 PM
This game was great, although I could have done without the frustration of the flat tire( I am almost bald now). I love these kind of games. Without the help and moral support of Dee H I probably would have given up. Thanks Dee. More of this type of game . There are a lot of us that love these. I've heard so many people ask about a skip though for the mini puzzles, so maybe developers might want to take that into consideration in order to appeal to a broader audience. Just a thought. Story was really spooky but our heroine is awesome and can get herself out of sticky situations.

[Post New]by a_canham on Apr 28, 10 9:11 AM
Personally, I found the game slow and jerky despite having more than ample memory on my computer (I have had no problem with 'large file' games in the past). I only downloaded the demo - and after playing that did not bother to purchase the full game. The introduction sequence was long and tedious and the inability to skip or hasten the action was annoying. The audio dialogue did not run in time with the visual scenes and the dialogue itself, I found, to be excessive and longwinded, with no way to skip the sequence as a whole once it has begun. All in all - not a good experience with this game.

[Post New]by wendylosangeles on Apr 28, 10 11:25 AM
Overall I LOVED this game. Love the story line, love going to different places etc etc. I suppose my only beef is that I wish there had been a "skip" button on the slider puzzle, as I was pretty much sailing through the game, but then spent as long on the slider puzzle as I had the whole prior game time. (Note: on sliders, always start with the four corners first - after I knew this, I finished the slider in about 5 minutes instead of 2 hours LOL !!). Not sure if this game were slightly easier than the first Art of Murder, or if my skills in this type of game are a little more polished?? did anyone else think it was a little easier than the first one??

I give the game 9/10 (minus one point for the slider puzzle nightmare).

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on May 2, 10 10:38 PM
Tried the demo and ..... sorry did not like it at all too dark, no idea what to do the hint just points to areas seen. If I have to look at walkthrough more than twice not interested. Definetely not a buy for me.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 3, 10 2:59 AM
It's dark because the power is off and the ? points to areas of investigation.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 3, 10 10:14 AM
This is actually my first post! I so appreciate the feedback in the forums and wanted to start contributing too...I have a lot of catching up to do!! I think it is so great that Big Fish is able to offer games like this one! Really enjoy these type of adventure games - (you have to love Nicole). I know a lot of Hidden Object fans might not like the game at first, but if you like some adventure in your games you really should try it - the walkthrough can help you get started with the flow of the game - and you will definitely consult it a few times during the game. If you enjoy a story in your game, this one definitely has one...a bit hard to follow in some spots, but the game takes some time and thought - overall very enjoyable with great graphics and characters!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 4, 10 7:39 AM
I also hate games like this. They are a lot of work just to get things moving, they are too dark, I'm not interesting in all the quippy chat...just want to get on with it. I also found that it was really hard to exit the game while my phone was ringing( playing the timed demo) . Had to hit atrl/alt/del to get the heck out of the game.
A definate not buy.

vixen212
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vixen212 on May 5, 10 6:00 AM
I thoroughly enjoy this game. The main protagonist takes a bit of getting used to especially her accent as I found it particularly annoying. In fact nearly all the secondary characters have thick American accent despite coming from the middle of Spain and never having been there. Having to fix a leaky tyre was also extremely frustating and exacerbate my personal problem with mechanic. Overall though the pace of the game sucks me in and refuse to let go so that by the end I am Nicole hunting the mysterious killer and solving problems along the way. I especially enjoy the double adapter as having just returned from a long trip overseas I have a lot of problem trying to look for adapter just to send a text mesage! Despite the first hiccup where I couldn't even get out of the first scene for along time I thoroughly enjoy myself and feel a small sense of accomplishment when I was able to finish the slider puzzle really easily as I wasn't looking forward to it after reading so many problem posts about it. After Dire Grove I don't think I will have any problems with any slider puzzle anymore. All in all it is a game that will reward only with perseverance and curiousity.

Go to: