Re:Spring Event Castle Challenge

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on May 1, 17 5:22 PM
And the not-so-nice fairy wanted an airship on the first one, followed by another airship after that. Sigh. Will wait until later to send that one. Fingers crossed she doesn't ask for a third. Wow is this ever depleting my stock of airship items.
Good luck all on your quests. May the fairy be kind to you.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 5:35 PM
My second quest was to had over some flowers and feed pets. Yeah!

Fed 2 pets and recouped the coins I spent on the fortune wheel. Only problem was that they were exclusive pets and I was trying to recoup some airships items. Fed 3 more pets, and then checked to see what the fairy had next.

Another airship! That will be airship #10 during the challenge. I'm figuring that it took me 10 days to accumulate all the airship items this challenge has consumed. That's approximately 25% of the spring event.

I hope the developers go back to the drawing board and revamp these spring event DQ's.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 1, 17 5:47 PM
I kept my airship from the last Challenge, so the 1st DQ asking for an airship was ready to go. I had also saved my WoF free spin, so it only cost me 300 coins & I won an egg & an Exclusive food! Yay!

Cake ingredients, no problem.

Then yellow & red flowers, no problem, & another airship. I can wait 4 hours, no sweat.

Elsa, put airship items on your wishlist. I'll be happy to send them to you.

Good luck all!

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on May 1, 17 5:58 PM
Thanks, Druid. I'm just having a bit of a moan but I'll be fine for the airship items. I've been avoiding Trina for long enough to build up a good supply.

So glad to hear your challenge was reasonable! I've done well with most of the other challenges so I really shouldn't be moaning.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 1, 17 6:24 PM
Three out of four of my games wanted a spring cake.... no comment

Three out of four of my games wanted me to send an airship..... no comment

The good news is.... no more DQs required for the monthly challenge... which, is the only positive thing I have to say about the spring DQs.....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 6:55 PM
gohill wrote:Three out of four of my games wanted a spring cake.... no comment

Three out of four of my games wanted me to send an airship..... no comment

The good news is.... no more DQs required for the monthly challenge... which, is the only positive thing I have to say about the spring DQs.....

You have 4 games ???

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on May 2, 17 12:30 AM
Knew we were doing 3 fairy quests, look and it was 5 plain stamps.. okay I can do that.. send of the anoying airship.. did some HOS and some Trina zz's.. went back in to see if I had gotten any plain stamps... and you can guess the next.. WEEEEE it WAS do 3 fairy quests. back to fairy.. first quest all flowers next.. spring wreth and tadaaaahhhhh airship.. and Who knows were that has sailed

Well plenty of time even if the next one ohhhh no don't think it

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 2, 17 5:17 AM
Game #2 is all caught up. This time, I remembered to let the airship sit there after packing the last crates.

First quest was hand over some flowers or cake ingredients or a combination of both? The rest is a blur. The fairy made off with the cake I crafted for task 11 and also took a wreath of spring, I spun the fortune wheel, sent the airship, maybe played the terrace and handed over yet more flowers, nuts, etc.

The 'rewards' from the chest were coins and usual spring stuff you get from playing the regular hidden object scenes. WTH????

I really hate the spring fairy DQ's.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 2, 17 5:52 AM
You got coins from the chests?
All I got was nuts & donkey & jack in the box heads!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 2, 17 7:02 AM
Desertdruid wrote:You got coins from the chests?
All I got was nuts & donkey & jack in the box heads!

Coins and chocolate. Both of which I can get from playing any hidden object scene.

I was expecting donkey or jack-in-the-box parts, or eggs, or smiles. Items that are worth 2 or 3 shards. I don't need more coins. There will never be an update that will use up all my coins.

Thank goodness my friends gifted me the jester caps I needed to craft the new pet. I've only managed to get 3 of them on my own, all of which dropped from the airship, none from the DQ's.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 2, 17 5:58 PM
I've decided to get both the plain stamps and the nuts from playing the hidden object scenes.

Stamps were easy. In one game, I got a stamp from the chest in a friend's private room, and only had to play 9 terraces to get the other 4. In the other game, I had to play 18 scenes to get those 5 stamps.

I imagine that getting the nuts will be harder to crack, but the 4 tasks that follow are so easy, they can be done in 1 day (probably in less than an hour) and I can't imagine the drop rate deteriorating to the point that it takes 4 days to get 10 nuts.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 2, 17 7:33 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

I imagine that getting the nuts will be harder to crack, but the 4 tasks that follow are so easy, they can be done in 1 day (probably in less than an hour) and I can't imagine the drop rate deteriorating to the point that it takes 4 days to get 10 nuts.

It's a good thing the next few are simple. In a few hours more (yes more ) thunderstorms rolling in tonight until Thursday. Good thing I unplugged everything during the last one. Lightning took out my neighbors well pump.

Looks like I'll be another day behind just when I got caught up. Then there's another round due in on the last day of the CC .

Really want to see the sun and springtime before summer.

sewfancy
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by sewfancy on May 2, 17 9:09 PM
My prays for your area silver hawk.
We had levees breaking today in my area. Lots of flooding low areas. More towns are being evacuated.Rain coming in tomorrow again. My prays go out to those been flood out their homes.

Sewfancy

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 2, 17 9:23 PM
sewfancy wrote:My prays for your area silver hawk.
We had levees breaking today in my area. Lots of flooding low areas. More towns are being evacuated.Rain coming in tomorrow again. My prays go out to those been flood out their homes.

Sewfancy

Yes... prayers to those who lost so much.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 4, 17 7:01 AM
Nuts didn't take as long as I expected. Might consider getting those last day irises the hard way.

Next 4 tasks are super easy.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on May 4, 17 10:17 PM
This may have been covered and if so I'm sorry. Was wondering if when they say feed spring pets 3 times, do they mean to feed all 11 spring pets 3 times each or do they mean feed any of the spring pets 3 times?

Trying to decide whether to keep doing the challenges on my two lower level games or just my main game. I am playing on a shoe string budget on my level 56 and level 67 games .

Thanks to all my wonderful friends on all 3 of my games, my friends are awesome .

Sue (Suenamie)

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on May 5, 17 1:44 AM
Hi susaninels,I read it as pick 3 of the Spring pets & feed each pet once.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 5, 17 4:52 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:Hi susaninels,I read it as pick 3 of the Spring pets & feed each pet once.

That's how I perceived it as well.... that you have to use the Spring pets...., but it can be any three of your choosing..... and feed each one, once.....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 5, 17 7:09 AM
Or, you could choose to feed just one of the Spring Pets.....wait for him/her to wake up.....feed that same pet again.....and then one more time after it wakes up the second time.

Just 3 feedings of Spring pets....matters not which one or ones.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on May 5, 17 11:38 AM
Thank you for the info!! I can handle 3 but 33 would be too much for my budget on my smaller games .

Sue (Suenamie)

Go to: