Re:Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 19, 10 10:15 PM
I usually try to wait to read reviews until after I have demoed a game, but I didn't on this game. So, I after reading all the comments, I was expecting a real stinker of a game. I was pleasantly surprised. I did have the sound turned off so I can't comment on that, but the rest of the game was enjoyable for me and I wish the demo hadn't run out so soon. I was just getting ready to start chapter 13 and after looking at the walkthrough, it looks like I still have a way to go to finish.

I do agree with one of the other reviewers who mentioned having so many games with occultic things in them. This game also could have been done without them, but for some reason I equate this time frame in Russia with gypsies, fortune-telling, dark themes, etc. so it didn't seem to bother me as much as it usually does. I didn't find the items too difficult to find and on my screen the scenes weren't too dark. I like the storyline behind it and it was interesting. While it might not rank up there with Briar Rose or some of the other iHOGs, it was still an enjoyable way to spend an hour. I've already filled up my card for this month, but it is on my list for next month.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Apr 20, 10 6:41 PM
The game was OK, just OK. Thank goodness for my trusty magnifying glass! I did have a hard time finding the symbols but it just didn't matter, I was not impressed.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 22, 10 12:18 AM
This game was ok to me, I finished the demo and buying the game is a option I will leave open, its not top on the list but I didn't find it as bad as many whom have commented. I thought it was interesting, I would have liked to skip the loading so often and the story line could have been shorter but the tasks were fun.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Apr 24, 10 8:46 PM
I lost interest 30 min. in...

DeeJays10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DeeJays10 on Apr 25, 10 1:44 PM
cherbtoo wrote:
CasualGran wrote:It really really really makes my blood boil when a developer puts any sort of penalty for misclicking in a game when they are the reason wedo it in the first place. If they made the objects a reasonable size to be recognizable and the graphics clear and non fuzzy so that it is evident what the objects actually are we wouldn't misclick in the first place. Grrrrrrrr.

C

I also get very frustrated when they don't give the alternate word in parentheses, like lantern (flashlight) or when they call a C: clef, a treble clef or vice versa....... Might be nice to have a page that gives the optional word listings for items.

This is not just a complaint, it could also be taken as constructive criticism.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 25, 10 1:52 PM
Hmmm, Jack the Ripper and Lizzie Borden? Well, I've got to give this game a try!

janinpa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by janinpa on Apr 27, 10 7:39 PM
Thanks folks for the reviews. Don't even think I'll try it because of penalty on the clicks and tiny objects with dark scenes.

Jan

[Post New]by nonnad on Apr 28, 10 4:21 PM
I bought it and I loved playing this game. It was different and I did enjoy the music. I get tired of all the HOG games looking the same. I thought that looking for the letters, knife and feather added an interesting touch. I played it straight through without having to consult a walkthrough, which was a plus.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 29, 10 11:24 AM
I started out liking this game, but by the end, I hated it. Two whole hints for every area, and that's if you can find the bonus hint. Considering the fuzziness of the graphics at times, that's not much. I also thought the storyline that I was forced to click through every time I changed areas was so stupid it bordered on nonsensical. I would not recommend this one.

Edited on 04/29/2010 at 11:26:59 AM PST

demahi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by demahi on May 1, 10 12:02 AM
In the majority, too dark and depressing. The instructions suck.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 3, 10 4:27 PM
Thank you all for the reviews. Mostly thank you for sparing me time and money. I almost made up my mind watching the video. Not very inspiring.
Well, I hope the others enjoyed.
Thanks again.

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Psycho999 on May 16, 10 9:38 AM
I love Crime dramas and it started well so I bought- wished I hadn't...it descended into a farce that just wasn't believable for anyone with a double figure IQ! Come on BFG, what's going on, ENOUGH WITH THE TOO DARK PLOTLESS HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES!! Lets get some strategy and believable storylines! Mystery Case Files it ain't..

Wish i'd read the forum posts before I wasted £5 on this. Not at all happy.

[Post New]by unicornfish on May 28, 10 1:05 AM
It's just ok!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Oct 31, 10 1:18 PM
I really liked the story. It took place in Russia instead of a fantasy land. What bothered me with this game is that the objects were very small to see sometimes. I would had liked some of the scenes to be brighter and better to see. The art was fine over all. Not saying I hate a challenge here, because I do hate easy games. I would had also liked better story telling in this game.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 10, 11 7:05 AM
I don't get it. I don't know how I missed this game when it came out but I have enjoyed the demo very much. This game gives you many things to do without pointing it out. It's VERY interactive.Unlike others I did like the story. I do agree that the graphics could be a bit more refined. I have been playing old demos hoping to stumble across something that excited me. This one had me hooked but I always take a spin through the walk through after playing the demo just to see how much of the game is left. Unfortunately I have played just shy of half in an hour. That was the deal breaker for me. I really wanted to get this to
One thing I was disappointed in was the time machine aspect. It starts with a time machine so I figured that I would be visiting different times. That never happens! Why not just place the story in 1866 if that's when it occurs? I really like games that time travel. Like to see different period clothing and articles.

Edited on 04/10/2011 at 7:08:52 AM PST

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Aug 28, 11 11:46 AM
mmemubon wrote:Bad for your eyes if you are over 60 years old.

Bad for your eyes if you are under 60 as well

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 28, 11 9:37 PM
fuzzy h.o. scenes, REALLY tiny objects, and black side bars, plus a story that did not interest me......no buy here even at $2.99

1Jayne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Jayne on Sep 18, 11 3:03 PM
This was one game I truly didn't enjoy. It seemed tedious and slow. The only part that I thought was a positive was the lighting. I didn't like the way the story or gameplay were portrayed. The graphics were not well designed--seemed to be of an amature quality compared to most of the games offered through BFG. Sorry to say this was a game I couldn't wait to be finished with. It was easy so some may try it for that ====recommend playing the demo before purchasing it. If I had, wouldn't have bought.

1Jayne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Jayne on Sep 18, 11 3:03 PM
This was one game I truly didn't enjoy. It seemed tedious and slow. The only part that I thought was a positive was the lighting. I didn't like the way the story or gameplay were portrayed. The graphics were not well designed--seemed to be of an amature quality compared to most of the games offered through BFG. Sorry to say this was a game I couldn't wait to be finished with. It was easy so some may try it for that ====recommend playing the demo before purchasing it. If I had, wouldn't have bought.

1Jayne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Jayne on Sep 18, 11 3:04 PM

Go to: