Re:Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Apr 24, 10 4:20 PM
sokjeff wrote:Poor game and a rather rough April for games in general. There have been 1 or 2 OK games. I have credits burning a hole in my pocket. Where are all the really good games? Where are sequels to Serpent of Isis, Flux Family, Enlightenus, Mignight Mysteries, and Azada?

Agree totally with your assessment of the April games. So far, only a couple games worth buying. I'm having trouble coming up with 3 more to fill my punchcard so I'll get the free one for next month! I think BFG spoiled us with the all the really good games they put out in January through March!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 24, 10 7:56 PM
I seem to be going against the tide here! I had a very entertaining afternoon playing the game. Something different and I needed relaxing. I liked the artwork and the choice of games. Well worth the coupon I used for it! So there folks, you have heard it from this 75 year old "fishie"

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Apr 27, 10 6:58 PM
The ending also sucks. At around level 43 you earn your certificate and it says your on to the next level - - Ha Ha - - - No change whatsoever. Then when you finally get
to the end - - -NOTHING - - - Absolutely nothing. On a score of 0 - 5 with 5 being
the highest. I give it a minus 3.

[Post New]by banknrnd on May 14, 10 4:47 PM
level 46!!! I CANNOT FIND THE HOCKEY PUCK!! i have played this level about 10 times and click all around where the hint button specifies.....has anyone played far enough to get to level 46? if so, has anyone found the stupid hockey puck???? is so HELP PLEASE

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 30, 11 10:37 PM
There were a lot of annoying things about the game: the vampirish gallery director, the misspellings and bad grammar, the repetitive comments, but I liked the actual premise of the game and didn't think the h0 scenes were all that bad. The mini-puzzles were very simple - the magnifying glass one was stupid - but the STD ones occasionally showed a bit of effort on the designer's part. I would have liked if they had given the titles and artist names for all of the artwork used in the game - at least it would have the veneer of being educational. I don't mind getting penalized for wrong clicks, so that wasn't an issue for me. I don't know what the purpose of collecting the gems was, those puzzles were too easy to have to skip.

It was merely a mindless time-waster of a game, IMO. Don't know that I would pay $6.99 for it, but if it came around as a DD, I might pick it up for when I wanted to play a game but didn't want to get involved in a story and spend hours on the computer.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 1, 11 7:42 AM
This game may be a pleasant diversion for some. I enjoyed it for a brief time but it does become very repetitive. It would be fine to play for a break from whatever genre you usually lean toward.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 16, 11 12:15 PM
saw this game on my daily bf newsletter thought it was a new game.. I guess new to mac!.. being an artist trying to make a living with my paintingsI thought this might be fun to try. OMG its awful !!! Sorry guys finished demo .. Maybe there is more to
the game the the demo ..Sorry bf ..sorry devs.. not for me

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 21, 11 7:27 PM
Yikes, a true and utter insult to some of the world's most beautiful works of art including the art of gaming.

In 3 words: OMG

Edited on 09/21/2011 at 7:28:36 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 4:21 PM
I bought this game on sale a while back, I am glad I did, because it was a silly game, the concept of this type of HOG was nice but it could have been better.

Go to: