Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,158 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 10, 17 5:35 PM
If you want a refund, just inform Customer Service. They will give you the applicable credit.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by weedlet on Sep 11, 17 7:02 PM
Work around for the glitch on level 12 with the sea horses (where it boots you out with the weird exit message). Do NOT get the shields from the center sea horses first. Wait and get the shield from the sea horse at the very back, then get the shield from the center left sea horse and finally the center right sea horse. I did not use the first shield until I secured the second shield and all went well. Tried it a couple of times and it worked for me on relaxed time. Don't know if you can beat the gold time doing it this way...but you can always try and give feedback. Good luck!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,158 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 11, 17 10:01 PM
Please post what OS you are using so others know if it will help them: i.e., Windows 10 , Mac (appropriate OS), etc.

This helps tech support and other users as well.

NYCgamer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by NYCgamer on Sep 13, 17 7:44 AM
My Hiki-Ri level 16 freezes in the middle or it won't let me put out burning idols. It's impossible to play the level and that completely messes up game play. Very frustrating. Additionally, some people seem to have an entirely different level with different main idol and a man to bargain with instead of a catapult to build. Whole thing is extremely confusing. I'm on a Mac.

[Post New]by satyafrog on Sep 13, 17 11:17 AM
I have played through Kao-ri level 15 several times and I am ALWAYS missing the last key. I have dug up everything I can. Where the heck is it?

[Post New]by coryclyde on Sep 14, 17 10:44 AM
I have completed level 23 on the Mac and the game isn't showing level 24 on the map. I've replayed that level several times to try and get it to appear. No luck. Frustrating

[Post New]by ladydancer on Sep 18, 17 3:34 PM
I get the application error at the middle of level 12 using Windows 10. Have tried numerous start-overs and it continues to happen. If it cannot be fixed I need to get a refund.

dmr55
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dmr55 on Sep 19, 17 11:16 AM
On Kao-Ri Level 5, the Akhi Fire Signal isn't showing up so I can't use it.

[Post New]by drachenfrau on Sep 23, 17 3:39 PM
For those who crash at level 16 on Mac, play this level in small screen (not full screen), it is less likely to crash and if it does, it is easier to force quit and restart.

I have been able to do all the levels in gold but I have not been able to get all the ingredients necessary to be able to get to the three stars on some of the artifacts. I have played the game twice and both times I do not get all the ingredients required to fulfill the artifacts. I am short 4 ropes. Can anyone help?

For those who ask about signs and spells, please take a look at your screen on the left side, some levels you have access to the signs and spells when you click on this arrow on the left margin and you have enough mana.

On the main screen there is a backpack button, this gives you access to all the spells, signs and potions that you can utilize depending on the level goals.

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by antimaim on Sep 25, 17 4:06 PM
I think I'm having a different problem than those described above in that I never get error messages or game crashes. What happens to me is that suddenly the game slows WAY down so that the cursor movement is delayed forever. It's not quite a crash, because the game always stays open and never freezes solid. But, the effect is the same since I have to quit the game (which takes quite a while when the cursor only moves every 10 seconds or so). For most of the game, this only happened when I went to the strategy guide, and not every time I did that. Now, I'm trying to play Kao-Ri level 15 and it starts doing it in the game itself, so that I can't finish the level. This slow-down doesn't occur in any other program or app, so I have have to think it's a problem specific to this game. I've tried rebooting my computer and ensuring that no other programs are running (except virus protection) and no browser windows are open, none of which helps.

Suggestions, anyone?

Figurines/collectibles in achievements

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on Sep 26, 17 5:58 AM
I've found figurine pieces in some of the levels, but it never tells you how many pieces there are or which pieces you've collected so you can't get the achievement for this. Also an achievement for wooden plates, but never see any in the entire game. Assuming these are also a glitch.

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Sep 27, 17 2:01 PM
I tried to play Moai V today and was really disappointed when my Malwarebytes blocked me from playing the game. This is the report

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 9/27/17
Protection Event Time: 4:41 PM
Log File:
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.1.2.1733
Components Version:
Update Package Version:
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
Trojan.Dropper, C:\Program Files (x86)\Moai V - New Generation Collectors Edition\Moai5_NewGeneration_Loader.exe, Quarantined, [16], [439821],

(end)

[Post New]by Tenafhum1 on Sep 27, 17 2:39 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Big Fish Games Help</a>. Checking out the help articles in <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Big Fish Games Help</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229944287">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the <a href=”https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us”>Big Fish Games Help</a> pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can contact our <a https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Support Team</a> with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Tenafhum1 on Sep 27, 17 2:44 PM
I am running Moai V on Windows 10 and have played through the game 2 or 3 times. Today, it won't open. My Malwarebytes is quarantining a file from the game because of a Trojan dropper. Because that file is quarantined the game will not open. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled the game several times. Same problem. Just thought you would want to check into it.

[Post New]by AlanFL on Sep 29, 17 7:58 PM
Windows 10 running Bitdefender AV.

Bitdefender tags moai5_newgeneration_ce.exe as a virus. Gen:Variant.Ursu.7464 and quarantine's the file.

Windows 10 Pro
Bitdefender build 22.0.10.141
Virus sig: 10349628
Engine ver: 7.73313

Edited on 09/29/2017 at 7:59:46 PM PST

[Post New]by lali559 on Sep 30, 17 4:42 AM
I have the same problem. I have been able to play the game several times without crashing. I had the same bugs as the other players but I was hoping that they would be fixed.

Yesterday my antivirus program ran and to my surprise I got this message. I have Windows 10.

Harmful file "Moai5_NewGeneration_CE.exe deleted.

Cause: Gen:Variant.Ursu.7464, location: C:\Program Files\Big Fish Games\Moai V - New Generation Collectiors Edition\Moai5_NewGeneration_CE.exe

I have uninstalled the game and while I was reinstalling it, my antivirus started deleting again. I can't open it anymore.

Edited on 09/30/2017 at 4:45:48 AM PST

[Post New]by Mary22046 on Oct 1, 17 10:38 AM
I am running Windows 10 OS.

Like others, my security software (McAfee) suddenly quarantined this program today and I am no longer able to run it. This is the quarantine report I am getting:

Item: MOAI5_NEWGENERATION_CE.EXE
Threat: JTI/Suspect.131076!b99adb349696

In spite of the fact that I've restored the item, this is NOT something that I can override in McAfee -- which leads me to believe there really IS a problem.

Appreciate your looking into it.

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 1, 17 6:10 PM
I have been playing Moai V for quite some time now. All of a sudden, today, I tried to get into the game, and I got a pop up from Mcafee virus protection, saying they had to quarantine it because of JTI/Suspect.131076!b99adb349696. I can no longer play the game. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and the pop up came on again. They are claiming that there is a trojan. So, I have a game that I can no longer play.

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 1, 17 6:24 PM
Apparently, from what I am reading from others with the same trojan issue, this trojan took place towards the end of September to now., so it's something new, all of a sudden. I imagine that if this is happening to us now, that , eventually, anyone with virus protection, and moai v, is going to run into the same issue, and the game will be null. Noone will be able to play the game at all., like Mary, I also tried to restore, but they refused to accept it. This must be a real issue, and be taken care of promptly.

[Post New]by candykisses2609 on Oct 1, 17 6:36 PM
I have been playing Moai V for quite some time now. All of a sudden, today, I tried to get into the game, and I got a pop up from Mcafee virus protection, saying they had to quarantine it because of JTI/Suspect.131076!b99adb349696. I can no longer play the game. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and the pop up came on again.

Go to: