yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Deadtime Stories

[Post New]by yasure on Apr 30, 10 3:39 AM
Raska wrote:This seems to be a very nice game like those I like...Definitely a buy for me. I only need to know if it is long enough and worth its money
Raska

There are 6 "Chapters" to this game.
It seems short but I do like the game. It is one I would think about buying and playing more than once. so far I've played 30 minutes of the demo.

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 3:29:56 AM PST

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 30, 10 4:07 AM

Interesting reviews, been abit bored lately, had a game credit burning a hole in the top of the screen for at least a week

Will play the demo over the weekend and it looks like a buy.

Yippeee 3 days off work, may bank holiday, well in the UK it it is.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Apr 30, 10 4:24 AM
I got the demo for this game and loved it - until I hit the spirit reveal paint challenge. It takes forever and it isn't exactly clear on what to do or where to go. And even when I found a spirit, I couldn't paint fast enough to reveal it. This game goes into the 'looks great, nice challenge, but too hard to play' pile.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Apr 30, 10 4:30 AM
Played only ten minutes...gotta go to work but it looks very promising.
Graphics good...looks like a decent story line.
LYK

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Apr 30, 10 4:35 AM
have just finished game and it really was the best for a long time. as others say, wonderful graphics, a good story line and just difficult enough to keep the brain working. The acting voice was good too, I could have listened to Jessie Bodeen all night!
Can't wait for next episode, tell the designers that this is a winner, with the potential for many more to come. After all, how many people could be buried in that graveyard, all with a story to tell!
Thanks BF for some great entertainment.

[Post New]by neonurse on Apr 30, 10 5:51 AM
I just finished the demo after working a twelve hour shift. Graphics are great and just challenging enough to keep me playing. I will definitely buy to complete my punch card. I agree games have been scarce this month. Can't wait to get some sleep just to wake up and play full version.

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on Apr 30, 10 6:22 AM
I just finished the game... I hope there will be another game like this.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 30, 10 6:56 AM
Well I'm back after the demo and decided that it was a definite "buy". I do have some mixed comments about it so far. Nice graphics, interesting and above average game but with some flaws. Game play was a little clunky and uneven at times, especially the cursor - wish they had included a regular cursor option. Hidden objects were some of the hardest I've ever encountered and spent the majority of time trying to find them (not because they were too small but just difficult). Hints were slow to charge and I found this frustrating when I needed hints the most. Overall, a challenging and interesting game but needed some finishing touches!

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Apr 30, 10 7:36 AM
Could'nt find one revue that was a negative.So I bought it. It's just up my alley.
Are there plans for a walkthrough? please say yes! I'm so stuck. Need a little help till I get the hang of it.

[Post New]by LuvzDogz on Apr 30, 10 7:57 AM
A definite TWO thumbs up on this game!!!! FINALLY an awesome **** game!!!!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Apr 30, 10 7:58 AM
Wow. Already here!!! Off to demo!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Apr 30, 10 8:48 AM
At last, a game worth buying, this is a great game , with a great story line, and of a good length,, unlike most we have had lately, would say about 3-4 hours, trying not to use any hints, but i did end up using a few, cant wait for the next one

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Apr 30, 10 9:08 AM
I love this game! It is just beautiful! The HOG scenes are, for a change, not blurry and messy, but colorful and clear. Puzzles not too hard, hint system very good, I hope to enjoy still some hours of gaming! Thanks!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 30, 10 9:17 AM
Love it, love it, love it. Fantastic game. Definite buy. Gorgeous graphics, very interactive, mixed with HOs (hard to find), music puts you in the mood of the game,
Interesting story, there's a lot to do and keep you busy.
A big for me.
Thank you

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Apr 30, 10 9:22 AM
Just finished it! Great story line, and I agree, a bit of a picky cursor, but well worth the small deals. Played all the way through, no technical problems. Well worth the game club credit. Good game!!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Apr 30, 10 9:54 AM
Definite buy for me. Seen screenshots of this game on another site. I'm so glad BF got it! No problem downloading. Excellent graphics and eerie music, my kind of game! Hidden object scenes are a little hard, didn't want to use a hint. More challenging for me that way. Penalized for too much random clicking (had to try it and not annoying). You can skip the puzzles. I don't, even on a demo. First game I've bought this month!

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Apr 30, 10 9:59 AM
LOVED this game, IMO it straddles the fence between too easy and frustratingly difficult perfectly! It has made my list as one of the best games on this site. I soooo hope there will be more in this series, as well done, they will be defininate buys for me.

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Godolfin on Apr 30, 10 10:16 AM
I liked this one. Just challenging enough to not be frustrating but still keeps you on your toes. Still a little short for me though. Finished it in the time my little one was napping so about 2.5 hours. I'd love another Ravenhurst that takes up a little more time.

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Apr 30, 10 10:39 AM
Best game ever ! Well for awhile at least. lol
Great production values,beautiful,good story line,excellent mix of ****,mini games and "things" to do.
Thanks BF!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 30, 10 10:42 AM
I was thinking about buying without testing and then I read Poodlebear's review -
My money was a distant memory and the game was purchased straight away!
I love the graphics and it makes me think - not just a straight forward 'go to this place, go to the next'. Some backwards & forwards movement needed!

The HOG scenes aren't too difficult. I'm still on the first 'character' story coz I want to take my time (having said that, I hope there's more than one character to investigate )

It's good to see after so many days with reviewers being disappointed with the new games to find one that is getting positive reviews again.............

Go to: