BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Eternity

[Post New]by BBB10 on May 5, 10 11:33 PM
Leanda1 wrote:OMG finished the room with the skulls & gems and never paid attention to what was happening for the "push buttons"! Guess i never will because I too had that problem (playing for 10 mins in one place). Was having an ok time til the push button room. Played in Classic mode and was not all that impressed. Hit all the other rooms and was told was nothing to do there at the moment. So Back to Push Button room and the hint wouldn't even tell you to go back somewhere!! All in all felt frustrated and annoyed. Sorry not a game for me......

I also agree completely!!!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 6, 10 5:30 AM
well after a few days deliberation, and reading through the reviews (most not that great) i decided to download the demo..
nice graphics..and thats about it, found to easy, even after changing to classic mode, and other than that just boring..a bit confusing in parts, and just not a game for me..
well at least i know know, shame really looks like it would be a great game!

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 6, 10 10:45 AM
I just finished the trial. It is interesting, held my attention. Two modes easy and Classic. Classic is somewhat challanging. The graphics are just 'ok'. I would like to buy it but it looks like its going to be too short. So I will probably go for a longer game at this time.

bonitacat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by bonitacat on May 6, 10 1:13 PM
OOOH I LOVED the game....Once I printed the walkthrough..(43 pages)..
The worst part of the game was the darkness of the search games.
If you get stuck on any level go back and be sure you have picked up every clue.
Esp the Maya chapter!

Susanne13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Susanne13 on May 6, 10 8:29 PM
I loved this one. I played the leisurely one first and will play it again in classic mode. Not too difficult, good graphics and fun! Cool concept to get to talk to all these crazy characters - even if they don't say "please".

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on May 7, 10 3:20 AM
I did not like this game at all (guess you can't please everyone). I like IHOGS, but found the music annoying and the objects really hard to find. Stopped after 10 mins of play.

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on May 7, 10 4:26 PM

This game was ok - the tour through history was interesting enough - graphics were good however it was not captivating enough to stop me from getting a little annoyed and then bored....
Not for me .... happy gaming.

[Post New]by annepandora on May 8, 10 3:42 AM
I like the puzzles and the difficulty of figuring out what to do with the things I acquire -- so, that piece of the game is fine by me.

But I find myself having REAL trouble with the extent of the historical inaccuracies. It's a game, and I don't need for things to be completely accurate. And I'm fine with fantasy. So, Robin Hood in the 16th century -- I can let that go; he's fiction anyway. Same with King Arthur. But Vikings in 1066? Columbus running into native populations with tipis AND totem poles, neither of which makes sense, and especially not together?

Alas, too annoying for me. Sorry I bought it.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on May 8, 10 5:45 AM
I am going to try to muddle through this demo because I like the idea of this game. So far, the graphics are a little fuzzy, and the hint system isn't much help (I am playing on easy). You have to use your commonsense, which I appreciate in any game. I love traveling to different areas throughout time and working on puzzles. The music is suitable for the two time periods I've visited. LOL to the person(s) who want to just tell the dang men to do it themselves or say PLEASE!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 8, 10 8:37 AM
This game did bring to mind Mortimer Beckett. Graphics are good and HOG's are well done and challenging. The only down side is having to click an EXACT location to place an object or use an inventory item. Need to cut a tree branch? You have to find the precise place along the branch to cut with the axe!! This kinda wore me out, as this occurs in nearly every scene of the game. Because of this, I can only give it 2 out of 5 stars.

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 9:43:23 PM PST

[Post New]by mimoniz on May 8, 10 2:53 PM
HOW DO I DO THE FORGE?

[Post New]by kymmster on May 9, 10 6:02 PM
I need further help, please. I cannot see a key at Zeus' Pool. I've been through the game using two profiles (made the mouse/bird error before) and have never seen a key. I'm stuck until I get that. Any ideas? Anyone?

fernalt wrote:
MargieB wrote:
fernalt wrote:I bought the game and was playing it came to the part where I need to combine items for the arrow to use against the minotaur. I am getting frustrated and I went to check the walkthrough but the feather didn't end on the ground when the bird went after the mouse. What do I do now? Please Help!!!

I will not label this as a spoiler because I think people should know this before playing since it could stop them from continuing the game...

Apparently there is a bug in the game, you have to open the cage first and place the mouse on the ground second, if you do it out of sequence, the feather will not appear.

Please see the forum "SPOILER Bug with 225BC (minotaur)" to view the discussion.

You will have to start the game over to get past this bug.

Good Luck

Margie B

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on May 9, 10 11:36 PM
I found this game alternately too easy and too confusing. Was one of those folks who wondered what the heck Grandpa meant by "left side of the time machine" until I had all the parts. And putting the logs together into a burnt-in-the-middle pile, then lighting them, then putting them into the firepit frustrated me for a good 5 minutes. Wouldn't you stack the logs, then light them? Just seems common sense.
Then I got to the puzzle where you put the bowl together. So I put it together. And moved it closer to the middle and put it back together. And moved it left, and moved it right. Never did give me credit for putting it together. Hate having to skip a simple jigsaw puzzle with 6 pieces because the game can't manage to figure out that I have it together properly. Does it require assembly to the exact pixel? Grrr. Too frustrating, and that feeling finally won out. Won't waste any more emotional energy on this one.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 14, 10 12:48 AM
Draw the cart scheme here, draw the cart scheme here, draw the cart scheme here,..................................That's just when I packed up, not a buy for me, it really got on my nerves.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 17, 10 2:12 PM
What a mess of a game. Things began to look familiar with Columbus, but when the wolf peeked out, I knew I'd done the beta test (only that era, I believe). Actually, SublimeOne commented that nothing had changed from the beta. Not true. The language was worked on. The wolf produced a "The wolf is very anger!" in the beta, along with a multitude of horrible English errors (I wrote down a whole page). These were cleaned up. However, I have to agree, the demo was ok, the Mayan era irritating and unclear - especially the buttons - and the Minataur also. Then there were a series of easy eras, now I'm ready to peek at the walkthrough again because I'm totally stuck. So confusing and frustrating! If things were logical it'd be ok - a challenge to figure them out. But as cll1950 pointed out - 5 quarters make a circle? Not any geometry I ever learned. So much was like this, with no help from the hints. Parts of the game were fun - moving from scene to scene, interactive items, trying to figure out how to use certain items - but others were just too nebulous or didn't make any sense. I'll keep consulting the walkthrough and get through this thing yet.

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 2:34:14 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 17, 10 3:21 PM
I spoke too soon about the English being corrected - just got to Dante's cell - and back to the atrocious English! A literal translation...

[Post New]by rHiNoCeRoS on May 17, 10 7:34 PM
The idea of the game and the graphics are OK, but it's too short...finished the game in 2 hours...wanted something more...

Better had bought a large file game for the same price

aniem
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by aniem on May 18, 10 7:18 AM
I too was fooled by the demo. It took the full hour to get anywhere - then after I bought it, the game got too easy.
But I am enjoying playing the game. Someone said it right: like Mortimer Beckett but not as challenging. I won't complain about the hard, confusing parts; I enjoy trying to figure out what I need to do and how to do it, but I strongly agree with the comments on the hint system. I usually know what to do (like draw the cart) but what do I need ?
And how do I get it? But it shouldn't take long to figure out that if something doesn't work, you must have missed a step-a matter of sequence.
Altogether an ok game; I'm not real sorry I bought it but I do wish it were longer(more tasks in each era) .

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on May 20, 10 10:37 PM
What a waste of time. My hats off to those who liked this one, but it bored me to tears. I finished the demo without any clues to where grandpa was, he didn't even seem to matter anymore to the story, which now just became a schizophrenic mix of historical figures all waiting for some time-traveling slave to do their mundane tasks for them (and um, excuse me but how exactly is it that everyone throughout time can understand perfect English, including a CAVEMAN...really?) Contrived, useless plot. I also did not enjoy at all trying to figure out randomly what the developers had in mind. For example...SPOILERS (highlight below):

The very first sequence of combining the logs in the cave had me stumped for a few minutes until I started randomly trying things...OH, so I have to combine the logs OUTSIDE of the firepit before actually putting them IN the firepit. Oh that makes sense...NOT!

What about the magic spot to place the logs for the dam in Egypt? I had to burn a hint after clicking around the river in several places. Not exactly like digging that trench with a pick axe (instead of a shovel) made a lot of sense either!

I am not sure how many of us would realize that tree sap is a shield cleanser? With the dark graphics, I didn't even notice the shield was dirty so hardly able to cast Medusa's reflection. So, I had to burn a hint...again.

I won't even talk about the stone heads in the Maya sequence...seems I certainly wasn't alone cursing that one. Ok, so the little snake-y like image in the skull/glass room gives a hint, but I STILL had to play with it a number of times to follow that shape. Not the easiest thing to do, and certainly not what I'd call "fun" (more like "frustrating").

Did anyone stop the mouse from escaping the maze on the first try, first two tries? I gave up after 3. Normally I find these sorts of sequences amusing but this was just annoying.

I am not sure what the point of the string is in the Theseus/Minotaur segment, other than accuracy to the myth it was a waste of time clicking on the floor in 4 rooms.

I honestly had a headache after this demo. Not the frustration I want after a hard day's work... it wasn't frustrating because it was challenging, just stupid and arcane. There, I said it. I'm glad some folks enjoyed it, I just really hope more of these aren't coming from .

[Post New]by fish_shelly on May 21, 10 1:12 AM
For me it is an OK game! no timer - it's good

Go to: