Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by Bingoeight on May 14, 10 3:50 PM
Excellant, fun game, length is not too short. Very well done.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 15, 10 11:42 AM
Very enjoyable demo! Nearly finished Chapter 2, so the game is long enough for me, especially when you consider it can be replayed as soon as I find those darn 3D glasses. Good graphics, appropriate background music and good voice overs. Definitely, this game is a buy for me. It's not really the length of the game that makes it good for me. I've yet to get through one of the Big City Adventure games, so I look more for the quality of the game and my enjoyment in playing. This is a solid good game.

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on May 16, 10 11:32 AM
The game itself was very enjoyable with good voice acting and I liked the diversity of having a whole family each do something (though the parents were a lil shortchanged). The 3D was a nice touch but it was only for certain scenes and not the whole game. I liked the storyline but the end was somewhat abrupt and I still had a staff or something in my inventory. This would have made an excellent game had it been a few chapters longer. I'd say it's great for kids especially because there are spunky kids in it and the cool 3D effects.

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on May 16, 10 6:21 PM
Graphics great, good music, nice story. Interesting twist on typical games, part HOG, part guided adventure. Enjoyable but too short. 2 hours and I was done. Seems the story just got chopped, like they'd over spent the budget and they decided to finish it by creating a sequel. I'd wait for a sale or some sort package of parts one and two. Might be a good buy for kids as the puzzles are fun but not challenging to adventure gamers and the HOGs aren't very difficult either.

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 6:25:41 PM PST

Grizabe11a
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Grizabe11a on May 17, 10 2:40 PM
I liked the game fine, bought it, enjoyed it, but------ they go into the tomb after the cat -- and sail off in the end WITHOUT IT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR CAT??????

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 18, 10 6:23 AM
I liked this game! I don't have the 3d option but I enjoyed the different approaches to finding objects and family. I found it to be a long playing, hours long, for me. So I enjoyed the game play. I tend to leave after an hour or 2 of game play and come back later or next day. But this game was fun for me!
Nana

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 18, 10 6:24 AM
Grizabe11a wrote:I liked the game fine, bought it, enjoyed it, but------ they go into the tomb after the cat -- and sail off in the end WITHOUT IT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR CAT??????

LOL!! thanks for the chuckle!
Nana

[Post New]by greenfish22 on May 18, 10 9:40 PM
Looks like such a great game. Love the graphics but with everyone writing about how it is such a short game I will not be purchasing. Length is of number one importance to those of us with time on our hands. A good 5 or 6 hours is usually a buy for me. Are you reading this all game creators???

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 19, 10 5:39 AM
I have mixed feelings about this game. Overall, it was very well done, with voice acting, nice graphics (monochromatic color scheme, however), and smooth game play. It was a bit on the easy side and was certainly short. I don't mind if a game is somewhat short, if it there is great game play along with a fully developed story. That is where this game was definitely lacking - the continuity of the story and the ending. When you look at the walkthrough for the "Collectors Edition", there are a few "additional scenes". What seems pretty apparent to me is that, for the CE, instead of "adding additional gameplay", the CE version contained what should have been the entire regular game. For the cheaper version released here, the next-to-last chapter was simply deleted - a chapter that really was not an add-on, like some CEs, but a segment of the game which likely would have made the whole game feel more complete. What a shame...the developers really did shortchange us on this one in my opinion.

Although Big Fish did not offer a CE on this one, I sure hope this is not going to be a new trend for CEs overall. I don't mind paying for a CE on some games to feel like I'm getting some extras, early release, etc., but I sure don't want to feel like the only option of getting the whole original game is to buy a CE...

[Post New]by TaraHoney29 on May 19, 10 7:25 PM
I was thoroughly disappointed with this game. It went so fast it wasn't worth half the money I paid for it! The story line made no sense. I didn't like it at all. I was excited to buy the game after the trial version thinking I was going to be able to play for sometime only to find out I had two more levels to clear before I was done. It was a real disappointment. These games and all their "To be continued" nonsense is getting silly. Make a game, let us play and go on. If you want to make another part wait to find out if the game is successful first. I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone. I wish I could get a refund.

[Post New]by TaraHoney29 on May 19, 10 7:26 PM
Grizabe11a wrote:I liked the game fine, bought it, enjoyed it, but------ they go into the tomb after the cat -- and sail off in the end WITHOUT IT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR CAT??????

Maybe she was still stuck in the air ducts.

[Post New]by fish_shelly on May 21, 10 1:00 AM
very intersting. nice game! 3D !!!

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom - fed up!

[Post New]by Megandoc on May 23, 10 6:06 AM
Hi, I got to the second last screen in this game and then when I had to go back to find an item I'd missed, I clicked on the left (elevator) to see if that's where I missed out, then the game shut itself down. I've repeated this twice and the same thing has happened both times. It's such a shame, it's a good game otherwise, if a bit short. Have I mised a fix for this?

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on May 23, 10 10:43 PM

Hi!
I enjoyed this game - I wished it was longer and I didn't play it in 3D - have that to look forward to..also it finished before I got round to putting on the glasses!

Apart from the length - I really got into the game - it was easy enough to follow - didn't need the walk through even though I knew it was there - couldn't say that about the story - kind of got surprised about pharaoh let alone there being two of them as the game seemed to be about finding each other and getting out of there - maybe that would have been enough of the story to know - by the way WHAT HAPPENED TO JINXY THE CAT!!!!! Did I miss something...

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by mjksleep1942 on May 23, 10 11:05 PM
Hi all gamers.....................
I really enjoyed this game. The latest reviews made me also wonder about the cat. So what's up with that? Again, did I miss something? This old lady can still do it.
mjksleep1942

[Post New]by jojocobol on May 24, 10 4:34 PM
First ever post at any forum, for that matter, on the internet, so you know I'm not a happy fishie: This game started off intriguing and challenging, so I made the mistake of purchasing after trying it out for only 15 minutes; but the gameplay was far too short! I agree with most in the forum - it feels like a donation rather than a purchase... Don't get me wrong... I'm dedicated to Big Fish Games and have been downloading and purchasing games for years from this site. Tried other sites, but BFG is truly the best!! Are the games on this site shortened versions of 'full' games? I LOVE hidden object games and puzzles, but can't find a game here that I haven't completed within an average of 4 hours (Safecracker has been the rare exception).

[Post New]by ratty_short13 on Jun 3, 10 6:13 PM
i quite enjoyed this game to be honest.. i wish it was a lot longer though, but i guess for 6.99 it was a pretty good deal. I just purchased this one with out doing the 1 hour free trial, as i find after the trials there isn't much of the game left to complete once purchased...

If a collector's edition came out i'm not too sure i'd purchase it. but would definitely purchase a sequel.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

Game good but for ending

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jun 6, 10 10:50 PM
I did enjoy the game, played the trial and so bought it for less than 6.99. I'm glad, as I think it's worth less, sadly. I hate it when they don't tell you it's the first in a series, so lots of things are left unexplained. Didn't seem that short to me, but I didn't play straight through, had lots of distractions so had to remember where I was at in the game. Loved no timer, I won't buy strictly timed games. Hints for puzzles often non existent or unhelpful, but otherwise good. I didn't need many, it's pretty logical. It was pretty easy, but interesting. I like stories, and liked the characters, well, except for the bratty little boy, I'm not sure you are supposed to like him. I hope the lost pharaoh kidnaps him in the next game. Which I might buy on a daily deal, but not otherwise.

Bottom line, I liked the game, but would have bought something else if I'd played the whole game first. The main draw for me was the setting and I liked the different view points.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

Missing cat

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jun 6, 10 11:02 PM
Yes, that is a problem. However, with the other omissions in the story, I assume that the developers forgot to mention that the cat, as usual smarter than it's humans, was already hiding in the boat before they got there, having been clued in by the Lost Pharaoh's ghost that it was a good place to take a nap. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, since I'd never leave a cat behind, LOL.

C'mon developers. If you use an animal in the story, make sure you keep track of it. Us animal lovers are going to notice more than if they left one of the kids behind. In fact, a smart cat in exchange for that bratty boy might be considered an upgrade!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 8, 10 10:30 AM
I find the story is incomplete too: There is a new version Game House that has another chapter plus more mini games. Is it posssible to get for us fans of Big Fish.

Go to: