Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by bethmt on Nov 9, 17 4:33 PM
I can't get past Level 13 because it won't let me build a road past a certain point. Up to a certain level of the road the little green arrows just stop showing up. I saw on another thread that other people were having this same problem. There seems to be some kind of bug in the game. Very frustrating because I can't go any further with the game.

I'm using Windows 10 and have a brand new computer.

[Post New]by SignerGal60 on Nov 10, 17 7:21 PM
Windows 10, all drivers current, thrown out of game level 13 four times in 30 mins.
Sometimes game will not boot at all.

Game is also very jerky and slow at times. Very frustrating. Have never had this many problems with a game and I own all of the Roads of Rome series.

Definitely wasted my free game!!!

crea8ive
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by crea8ive on Nov 10, 17 10:03 PM
Tried your administrator fix and now the game won't even load to play it. Tried uninstalling the game manager and the game and reinstalled both and the game still won't load. Can I get a refund as I can't play this game. Another WIndows 10 operating system.

[Post New]by Cassy_1 on Nov 11, 17 1:04 AM
I use a pc with windows 7 and even though I run the game as an administrator, it stops every time I try to start level 16. Even before that level the game abruptly stops. I am disappointed.

T_Doctor
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by T_Doctor on Nov 11, 17 7:22 AM
I am running windows 7 professional everything is updated and I have uninstalled , reinstalled the program 2 times now. I run as administrator and yet ... it keeps crashing. I'm not usually having trouble with games here but this is making me very unhappy. I can't afford to pay for games that I cannot enjoy. Hopefully there will be fix for this game soon.

[Post New]by aileen159 on Nov 11, 17 7:59 AM
I have tried to resolve the issue as you have said but game still freezing and shutting down. Surely with the amount of people on here saying the same thing you should be resolving this issue as it would seem the problem lies with the game rather than all the multiple users who are complaining of the same fault.

[Post New]by jerrys1953 on Nov 11, 17 8:37 AM
I got level 32 completed - finally. A few crashes as described, but I dealt with it cause I like the game. Now it won't load level 33 at all, just keeps closing and going back to the BFG Play Again screen.

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Nov 11, 17 12:42 PM
I think we have got to accept we have been sold a pup. They are never going to put it right because there are so many different problems with it and presumably just as many different solutions.

I've lost count the number of times I have started to play and the furthest I have got is level 13 and that only twice. They tell us to upgrade the video card driver and quite frankly I wouldn't recognise a video card driver if I fell over it and frankly it shouldn't be my responsibility to do it, I wouldn't buy a loaf of bread and expect to bake it myself.

I don't want a game credit because the last one they gave me expired before I could use it. They only produce about one game a month that I want and I get that free anyway so a game credit is no use to me.

[Post New]by LauraFS on Nov 11, 17 3:33 PM
The game is buggy. I can't get past level 13 without it freezing and crashing. I have checked to see if my drivers are updated. I am using Windows 10 and tried to run as an administrator and the directions in your link aren't accurate for Windows 10. Why not fix the bugs instead of telling everyone else it is their computer?

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 11, 17 6:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the troubles with this game.

We've passed this feedback along to the developers, but the Moderation Team isn't able to provide information about if and when an update will be available. In the meantime, we suggest troubleshooting steps that have helped players experiencing similar glitches in the past. Our suggestions are intended to improve the relationship between the game and the computer. I'm sincerely sorry if we've implied that the fault lies with the computers running this game.

Before swimming away, I want to briefly provide some troubleshooting help pages for players who haven't browsed them yet.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If you'd prefer a replacement game, please contact our Customer Support Team. They'll be glad to help. My fellow moderators and I are also happy to answer any additional questions via a PM. Don't hesitate to reach out.

bfgBeruna

bruce001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bruce001 on Nov 12, 17 4:32 AM
Just loaded the game twice as the curser won't stay in focus it disappears and so I don't know where it is to move it with the mouse, really frustrating as you know where you want the men to go!. i am using Vista I think

jobie69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jobie69 on Nov 13, 17 1:13 PM
level 21 kicks me out before it evens starts what a waste of money

[Post New]by einurreta on Nov 13, 17 5:51 PM
Lots of problems with this game, keep crashing and I can never finish level 26.
bfgArinelle please STOP saying "sorry" fix the problem or return our money(actually I want to finish the game)...................

[Post New]by Graysy on Nov 14, 17 5:27 AM
I have completed all levels with no problem. I am now on the bonus game and every time I get near to winning it goes back to the Big Fish Home screen.

bfgArinelle
252 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 14, 17 10:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand the crashing situation could be frustrating for the players who have experienced it. Please know that we have passed the reports along to the appropriate parties, and we will make an announcement if more information becomes available regarding possible updates for the game.

If the aforementioned troubleshooting does not resolve the issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You may also PM me or one of our other Moderators if there are other questions or concerns. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by einurreta on Nov 14, 17 10:12 PM
"I certainly understand the expectation for a game to work right away. We thoroughly test all of our games on various computer types to do the best we can to get our players a quality product every time. I'm sorry that there have been troubles with this game so far. "

bgrArinelle; REALLY........
I you REALLY tested this game HOW IT IS POSSIBLE that you and the team decided to sell it to people????????????????
It is obvious that is something wrong with the game.........

Please tell me how can I get my money back..................

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 10:19:06 PM PST

[Post New]by einurreta on Nov 14, 17 10:16 PM
"I certainly understand the expectation for a game to work right away. We thoroughly test all of our games on various computer types to do the best we can to get our players a quality product every time. I'm sorry that there have been troubles with this game so far. "

bgrArienelle;
I you REALLY tested this game HOW IT IS POSSIBLE that you and the team decided to sell it to people????????????????
It is obvious that is something wrong with the game.........

Please tell me how can I get my money back................. And I don't want game credits, I want my money!!!!!

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 10:17:01 PM PST

Qumquat
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Hidden caches

[Post New]by Qumquat on Nov 16, 17 10:30 PM
BEN1972 wrote:Hi, I've played level 1 and 2 so far and found two caches on each. At the end of the level the board shows 2/2 then 0/2 for the caches. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm not going any further in the game until the problem is solved, please help.

Ben

Ben,
This is actually not a technical issue. It is normal. If you watch, the caches are converted into points and added up below where it shows the number of caches you've found.
So, when you finish the game, you, at first see, 3/3. then as you watch, you are credited 100 points for each cache and the points are added up below as the number of caches are removed. so it looks something like this:

3/3 .....and then after a few seconds .... 0/3

I hope that makes sense.

~ Jeanjaz/Qumquat

[Post New]by Mishkit on Nov 17, 17 9:38 AM
I'm having the same problems here as many others. Game is jerky, freezes and kicks me out at various stages, tonight it won't even load a level. Very disappointed.

I have tried the fixes and it hasn't made any difference at all.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Hidden caches

[Post New]by Csustar on Nov 17, 17 12:57 PM
BEN1972 wrote:Hi, I've played level 1 and 2 so far and found two caches on each. At the end of the level the board shows 2/2 then 0/2 for the caches. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm not going any further in the game until the problem is solved, please help.

Ben

Ben, You should notice when it goes to 0/2 you should show 200 points under it, if you are sure you found both of them. It cashes the caches in so to speak for the points.
Csustar

Go to: