silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by silverink on May 21, 10 6:04 AM
I really enjoyed this game - loved the graphics, you can tell so much went into the development. Even the soundtrack was great! The variety of puzzles were different from many other games and very enjoyable - somewhat easy but fun! The game had a nice smooth flow. Some of the objects in the hidden object scenes really were too small though, which is my only complaint with the game, and I hope they change that just a bit for the next one. (But it really was more of a puzzle/adventure game than hidden object, anyhow). I really enjoyed the storyline and loved the characters and animation. The length was perfect, although I am definitely looking forward to the continuation in the series. Hope the wait isn't too long!!

Overall excellent game and, in my opinion, one of the best games this year!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 21, 10 6:19 AM
I purchased this game and really like it a lot. My favorite part of this game is the variety of mini challenges - some I have never seen before. The only part I'm not good at doing is the bonus round challenges. I'm a senior citizen with slower reflexes and I can only manage to get 9 out of 10 of the matches. I keep trying though and I'm loving every minute of this game!!! I definitely give this game 's UP!

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on May 21, 10 7:52 AM
I just completed the game. I was sad to see that while I knew there would be a part two, it just seemed to abruptly end for me. I liked that there was another video after the scrolling text outlining what was going to happen next. A commercial teaser if u will. The objects were difficult to find at times. The hints were plentiful but if you leave the hints up there, you get extras at the end. Sadly I was short by a few so it's a definite replay for me. The puzzles were great and left me wanting more. Some of them were difficult for me and I needed the walkthrough to help me start them. I'm not as good at visual/spatial puzzles as some might be. This game was great with the storyline, music, puzzling. A definite buy. Have at it, fishies!

OUT of 5!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 21, 10 10:15 AM
Well, I did buy it after the demo and really enjoy this game. Nice storyline, great puzzles and interesting. I wouldn't call it an exceptional game but worth playing nonetheless. I didn't think the graphics were "gorgeous" compared to some other games but that's not really important to me. This trend lately by developers towards small and very hard to find objects is beginning to annoy me. The only reason for it is to make the game last longer. I wish they would "catch on" and realize that this tactic only serves to frustrate gamers and takes a lot of enjoyment out of playing.

What I do now is to email the developers directly with my comments (both positive and negative). Might be a good idea for all you Fishies to do, as well.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 21, 10 11:14 AM
kiwis00 wrote:Too bad, Valdy! I never had a game that had just the right amount of talk and it wasn't mushy. It did say there were romantic themes, isn't it possible that the game is for gamers over 16!! Use your common sense and pay attention to the description. It was cute! And you must have a "dirty mind" to think the way you describe. Uu-ugh, disgusting!

And who made you the big cheese of the game mountain, pray tell? I can voice my opinion just like everyone else. Don't need you to give me lip.

Thank you.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on May 21, 10 5:32 PM
Well, er, um... ok, you talked me into buying it. I just can't resist all these raves. Bad fishies, bad! lol

LizzieK you wrote an outstanding review. Bravo.

Bah, some people get out of line!!! Valdy has a right to post her opinion. She did not go beyond nor near any indecencies and certainly did not display a 'dirty mind'.

[Post New]by froggiefly3 on May 21, 10 6:13 PM
how do you unlock the extras?

doodle720
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by doodle720 on May 22, 10 12:25 AM
Also wondering about the extra's but came here to say that I also thought this was by far one of the best games I have ever played, and I have been buying games for about 4 years now! Hope there is more like this to come!!!

[Post New]by FranklyFish on May 22, 10 7:42 AM
froggiefly3 wrote:how do you unlock the extras?

You have to accumulate 50 or more PSI points--I needed three runs through. Actually the extras aren't that big a deal, but there is satisfaction in getting there.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Had a ball!

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 22, 10 7:54 AM
Yeah! This was terrific-lots of fun. Too bad I have to wait a week till payday, but I'll definitely buy this one. And I hope Part 2 comes along soon!

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Sugarbella on May 22, 10 1:01 PM
Yikes -- I hate to be the downer here.... :-)

I didn't really like it because :

1. Cheesy story line. For example, "Am I here to kill someone for you?" , "No, then am I'm here to pleasure your body.". Ugh. LOL.

2. Hard to find objects - really small and dark.

3. Very easy mini-games.

It wasn't a horrible game. Just not a keeper.

Hopes this helps.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 22, 10 1:29 PM
What I do now is to email the developers directly with my comments (both positive and negative). Might be a good idea for all you Fishies to do, as well.

Why do that when you can do it right here in this thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96597.page

The developers started the thread and invite your feedback, good and bad!

1. Cheesy story line. For example, "Am I here to kill someone for you?" , "No, then am I'm here to pleasure your body.". Ugh. LOL.

Sugarbella, I thought it was hilarious! This game absolutely tickles my funny bone It also gets the point across: The man has been a slave for 2000 years, and in that time has only known selfish, brutal people - he can't believe there would be anyone who would summon him for "nothing".

[Post New]by froggiefly3 on May 22, 10 3:22 PM
THANKS FRANKLYFISH!! I'M HEADED THERE NOW TO GET ALL THE POINTS I CAN!! WISH ME LUCK! I PREVIEWED IT IN THE BETA AND GOT IT WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT!! I NEVER HAVE THE SOUND ON A GAME BUT WITH ALL THE COMMENTS, I'M DYING TO HEAR WHAT ALL THE FUN IS WITH IT!!
HAPPY PLAYING EVERYONE!!

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on May 22, 10 4:24 PM
I think that maybe some people don't really grasp that this games comes from a romantic novel. I read a lot of books by Marjorie Liu and she is a very good writer and an interesting great read. However if you just take a few sentences out of context from a love story set in a fantasy style, you might have misunderstandings of exactly what you're reading in the game. It might be thought to be seamy but it's not.

It's two people who meet in dire circumstances and life crisis'. One has been cursed for 2000 yrs to be or do Whatever the summoner wants. He is bitter and almost hopeless but there is a way for him to be free. The woman who has summoned him this time might be his key to freedom. In their fight against the evils they face, they fall in love. Now a lot happens in between times so the player must go with the flow as the story in the game progresses. Imho, Love is never wrong and that is what happens in this story. They fight as they must to be together.

PS: I read so many books that my mind is a little hazy on titles. Is this the story where the woman is cataloging things for a professor and accidentally summons him through a mirror as she is about to be murdered?

PS: No, wrong book. I just pulled it up on the net, read a page from the story, and realize I haven't read this one yet. Off to call my book store. Sounds like a great book.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 4:39:42 PM PST

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 22, 10 6:42 PM
Hummm....lets see...young girl inherits a 7 foot tall stud puppet and gives him a bubble bath and takes him shopping. Hercules meets I Dream of Genie?
It was just a bit weird for me. Very Comic book style.

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on May 23, 10 12:18 AM
Nice game! Bought it without trying it and had a pleasant time with it. Love the story and all the mini puzzles. Hidden objects are tiny but not completely difficult to find. Can't wait for the 2nd installment of the series.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on May 23, 10 11:17 AM
I bought this from the developer and I think I will take off my computer even tho I am only about 1/4 done objects not only two small but blend into picture

Joy5752
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Joy5752 on May 23, 10 11:18 AM
OKay where is part 2? I've finished this excellent game and can hardly wait for the next installment. I think the story line is awesome, no smut and great romantic lines. The guy's been a slave forever and she is his savior. I LOVE THIS GAME! Bring on part 2 NOW! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on May 23, 10 12:24 PM
Like so many of you, I really loved this game. The story was the hook for me... I had to keep playing to see what transpired in the story. Some of the things were really small or very well hidden, but it didn't bother me too much... and I don't have the best eyesight anymore.

The fact that this guy has been a slave to many different people for over 2,000 years is one thing... but, if you recall, he also hasn't been summoned by anyone for 600 years. So his language is a little stinted and old fashioned. It should be. Although it may not be how we speak today, it was lanugage used way back when. His clothes were strange as well. I was surprised that she took him with her to buy clothes, but at the same time, what else could she do? LOL I enjoyed the love that grew and falling in love with this guy wouldn't be difficult! I mean, really,... if a 7-foot dream of a man who was polite and kind and considerate and wanted only to do what I wished suddenly popped into my life, I'd treat him well too! LOL

I am waiting for the next one in the series... looks like it will be just as interesting if not more so! I will also probably play this one again.

[Post New]by MyOnlyFun on May 23, 10 4:06 PM
I absolutely loved this game and was sorry to see it end. However, I eagerly await part 2 -- yeah, story line a little cheesy in parts and the HOs are kinda small, but they are pretty easy to find and the mini-games are pretty much fun (especially since you can skip them if you just get too fed up)! Sure hope part 2 comes out soon cuz it left you wondering . . . . . .? I love the HOGs that provide a little more "adventure" than just finding stuff -- but they're still my favorite games! Thanks BF!!

Go to: