wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 31, 10 2:56 PM
I've only played about 25 minutes of the demo, and I like the game well enough. I enjoy IHOGs, and really enjoy finding objects that I have to use elsewhere; figuring out where is a nice part of the puzzle.

That said, for me, this game isn't even a temptation as a CE. Nice game play, but nowhere near exciting or unusual enough to want to spend extra money on it. And as I didn't remember the original game, even though I played the entire demo of that, I'm not sure I want to buy this one. We'll see once the SE comes out.

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jun 2, 10 12:52 AM
I enjoyed the games but I do not think it was a collector's Edition I like the extra levels THANK YOU IS THERE A SEQUEL TO SYBERIA IN THE NEAR FUTURE

THANK YOU

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Jun 2, 10 2:01 AM
GrammaKj wrote:I'm definitely not purchasing the Collector's Edition and plan to wait a few weeks for the regular game. Now this would be the time I would search for Poodlebear's review. I miss her!

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jun 2, 10 11:43 AM
Just finished CE Good game,but not worth 19.95 (well worth reg price) I play a lot got 5 free comming this month.Keep up the good work,I`ve only had trouble with 2 games out of 65 that I bought since I started in Feb.2010

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 5, 10 2:24 AM
skippy_tramp wrote:I enjoyed the games but I do not think it was a collector's Edition I like the extra levels THANK YOU IS THERE A SEQUEL TO SYBERIA IN THE NEAR FUTURE

THANK YOU
Sent you a PM...

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 5, 10 2:26 AM
Well, to buy or not to buy ? the question remains, I played the demo, but you all don't look to over enthusiastic about the game.....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 5, 10 5:23 AM
Now that the SE is out, would people recommend that instead? The CE doesn't really appear to be worth getting.

FHOG = FROG = FR(actured or agmented) (Hidden) Object Game.

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Jun 6, 10 11:12 AM
While I liked this game better than the Laura Jones one I just played, I am not sure I should have downloaded it without playing the demo first. The graphics were good and the story was interesting but sometimes it took forever for the game to move from one point to another. A glitch, maybe?, I don't know.

After I finally finished the game I went to the extras and began playing the new levels. However, I had to sop playing, due to real life needs, LOL. When I came back I found that nothing I had done had been saved, even though the games said it saved where I left off. I had to start at the beginning again, Grrrrr!

I don't know if anyone else had this issue or if there were glitches in the game but I felt the need to let others know of the problems I had. I would give this game 3 out of 5 stars!

Judsy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Judsy on Jun 10, 10 1:01 PM
Maybe it's me, but I get really frustrated when games are not clear--when I seem to be doing the right thing, but it doesn't work! In Tom's Office, when I attempt to construct Tom's face by looking at the pictures of him, I can't seem to get the photo accepted. I am almost certain that I have it right but it is always refused. What's the deal?

[Post New]by Gwen722 on Jun 11, 10 6:06 PM
need help with the game, stuck in the room with the four red lights and one lightbulb. what do I have to do to finish the board?

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 17, 10 1:22 PM
This is a hidden objects game (HOG) that includes some adventure and thought. It includes mini-games. The game is not directed, and the player is allowed to wander through several scenes at a time. It relies on cursor waving to give visual clues as to what to do next or where to go. Some clues are given in text or dialog and in glittering dots and the player is required to pay attention to avoid frustration.

On the home page/menu screen, help is available that explains some of the rules of the game. The tutorial is built-in.

Options include music, sound FX, environmental sound, full screen, mute all, cursor, and credits. Game data can be saved at any point on exit. Cutscenes are animated. There is some load time involved.

The introduction can be clicked through or skipped. Some dialog is voice, other text. There doesn't seem to be a way to click through dialog while within a scene. Mini games can be skipped. The game is not timed.

The player must travel to a scene and find a colored card to reveal a list of objects. Three types of hidden objects are hunted. Regular text, silhouettes, and parts. Scenes are not always bright but on the whole seem clear. Most objects are obvious, however, some objects can be small, color on color, or concealed. There are about 10 objects per scene.

Random, rapid clicking results in an uncontrollable cursor for a few second within a small area. Hint refresh is about 45 seconds. The cursor can be a bit picky as to clicks or showing the way to another scene.

After an hour's play, most of this game seems to be easy with few challenges. May be suitable to an experienced beginner or an intermediate player. Would not be suitable for those with poor eyesight, slow reading ability, or those who prefer a casual, relaxed game.

This game is similar to Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials. There is a walk-through available at
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/strange-cases-the-lighthouse-mystery-walkthrough/.
The regular edition (non-CE, for about 1/3 price) is also available. The CE includes a bonus game, 3 punches, music and wallpaper.

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Jul 18, 10 9:15 PM
This one's greater than The Tarot Card Mystery...

Characters had voice overs at cutscenes and the game is long enough... I was satisfied...
Soundtracks were awesome, too!

One bit annoying is the items placed at the dark areas of the scenes... really, one had to use a hint just to find it!

Still, I'll be waiting for the 3rd installment!

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 9:17:11 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Nov 16, 10 1:51 AM
I thought the music was ok, the graphics and storyline very good, but the gameplay too easy.

[Post New]by jackie1971 on Mar 20, 11 1:54 AM
tedderpic wrote:I've got it on my maybe buy, but when its 6.99...I already have Tarot cards..and the 2 games are so alike....I'm not one for story lines..I play with the sound off ..
so the interest is'nt the story for me but the game itself.....
Happy gaming all

OMG I thought the samething when I started playing. For some reason I felt I had gotten a game that I already played, it has almost the exact same scenes as the Tarot game. I had to come look at comments on it to figure out it really was a different game, so this will be a , think I will wait game!

Thanks everyone for the great comments! Happy gaming!

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 1:57:13 AM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Aug 30, 11 12:07 PM
I bought this in the CE sale and wish I hadn't. The whole story line is pretty feeble and the ending is just too silly. Haven't even bothered with the extra play and maybe never will. Such a disappointment.

[Post New]by pierot2 on Nov 6, 11 1:40 PM
I have bought this game and now I am sorry I did every time I chage scene it takes a long time to go to the next scene ???? I wish I could be reimbursed cause I cannot finish this game the screen goes black on me when I go downward???

[Post New]by bjpoohler on Jan 7, 12 8:33 PM
I just finished this game and aside from the minor spray can issue, I loved this game. I thought Tarot Card was a little too easy but this one was great. I've told everyone I know not to buy games at stores (unless it's a BF game) and to buy them from this site instead. I myself won't buy any other game other than Big Fish and have "trained" my two sons and my husband to just order games from this site. It's safe and the games almost always load easily and work. If for some reason they don't, the tech people are super nice. Nicholas just helped me install Ravenhearst yesterday and he was so nice. It was the first time I've ever really had an issue with a BF game. Excellent site, IMO.

[Post New]by clouds_of_claire on Jul 30, 12 2:14 PM
SPOILER ALERT (2nd paragraph)

I just finished the CE and to be honest, whilst it is a good game if you like it relaxed and easy to dip in and out of, it isn't worth the CE price as there was so much more could have been done with the story and the last couple of chapters felt rushed. Thank goodness I got it on sale or I'd be kicking myself right now.

As an aside, where does the lighthouse mentioned in the title come into the story? In the normal gameplay there is no lighthouse at all except on the back of the cards and it appears only briefly in the extra time so I am confused as to why it is called 'The Lighthouse Mystery'.

[Post New]by Maisie77 on Aug 1, 12 9:23 AM
I bought this CE on a special offer day and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I'm sorry to have to say I found it dull. It's one HOG after another, very little interaction, few mini puzzles and not much in the way of storyline. There are many, many better games out there to buy as a Collector's Edition.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Aug 10, 12 9:25 AM
Didn't care for this one at all. The voice overs are very monotone sounding and the music is really annoying. No puzzles to solve, which are a favorite part of games for me. If you like looking for hidden objects you'll probably like this game but it wasn't for me. I need more variety.

Go to: