Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by Leanda1 on May 28, 10 6:44 PM

I guess it's chapter 6 but I cant find the 4th for the shoes, the 4th for the needle and I don't know what to do with the lime & letter (I did see to put them together and haven't tried that yet) but I will say this is a very frustrating game. You hit hint and it just says nothing to find but there is "still something to do in the screen!!) I stopped at 30 min's and went back after the upgrade and now I know why I stopped at 30 min.
A No buy for me

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bonny1957 on May 29, 10 7:34 AM
Yeah the update worked and I have completed the game. I enjoyed it. Not to complicated but still enough to keep you interested.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 29, 10 11:49 AM
Hi Everyone,

the new fix is out! Thanks to BFG who helped in the testing as they could reproduce the issue in some of their machines.

Make sure the text "The Heritage 1.0.4" is displayed on the bottom right of the main screen. This guarantee you have the latest version.

Also thanks for you players for your continued support and patience.

All the best and have a great weekend/holiday.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 29, 10 11:54 AM
sinshack wrote:
ConJe01 wrote:Okay, I guess I'm out there. Several of you mentioned "FROG". What does that mean? CJ

FROGs are hidden Object Games with FRagments, where you find pieces that make up the object you are looking for.
Pfiouuuuuu! I'm relieved ! I thought FROGS might have something to do with french nationality...... I'm not sure it would have amused me !

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on May 30, 10 7:35 AM
A Really Nothing game! The characters are hideously ugly,even the baby! Fortunately you only see them at the end of each chapter. I finished it last night,but have absolutely no clue what the plot was! It was really tedious to have to go back and forth between the two scenes in each chapter after every single action performed.
I think this will be another one that I will be deleting,because I can't see ever wanting to re-play it!

Hope everyone saves their money and uses it on a much better game than this like The Dark Parables: Curse Of Briar Rose, Vampireville,or Drawn : The Painted Tower if you don't have those yet.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 7:35:23 AM PST

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on May 30, 10 5:28 PM
I found the story of this game confusing because I kept wondering who we were supposed to be throughout it. I assumed I was playing the mother, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I was playing the daughter. That part was never clear. I still feel I was playing the mother, though.

Plus I am wondering... what happened to the daughter? The mother and daughter go to this old house to escape the war. Then for the rest of the game it seems that the mother is "gathering memories" for that locket. The daughter does what... fends for herself? Then at the end the mother goes with the 3 spirits. But what about the daughter? What happens to her?

As for game play, the fragments were usually really easy to find and I didn't have to look at the objects very often throughout the game. I did sometimes need a hint, however, to find those fragments that were too small. The mini-games, as others have pointed out, were a confusion of extremely easy to medium difficulty. Squashing bugs was rather strange, since they really had nothing to do with the story or anything else and all you did was hit them and then the game was over. They didn't even move!

The graphics weren't very good either. The music... I shut it off because it kept being really loud and I couldn't hear the story.

All-in-all, not a very good game, although I didn't have too many of the technical difficulties that some of you had.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 31, 10 5:54 AM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

This one just wasn't my cup of tea - or my bag of objects as the case may be. I'm not fond of FROGs (fragmented object games) to start with. I prefer looking for whole objects, not odd-shaped pieces. Luckily most of the pieces were easy to find and the hint system apparently refills itself indefinitely or I wouldn't have made it as far as I did (chapter 7 or 8).

Since I start out biased against them, a FROG game is going to have to have something else amazing about it for me to want to buy it - beautiful graphics (these were ok, but not outstanding in my opinion), intriguing or humorous storyline (this one was neither; it was just eh), etc. Since this one didn't have anything like that, I spent my hour wondering if the game was ever going to get any more interesting. Needless to say, this is one game I'll be leaving here at Big Fish.

[Post New]by GRANNYJACKIE on Jun 4, 10 9:43 AM
GREAT GAME BUT THE ENDING WAS TOO WEIRD FOR ME. I THOUGHT THERE WAS MORE GAME AND IT KEPT GOING TO THE BEGINNING, LOVED IT THOUGH.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jun 6, 10 5:02 AM
I have played better and worse games than this one. I thought the general overall gameplay was a little erratic and the story somewhat disjointed but all in all was an okay game. Graphics varied alot from crisp and clear to just so so. Music was like most music is in games like this: you either love it, hate it or don't care. The ending was quite abrupt and left me with an unfinished feeling. I think the developers could have spent a bit more time on knitting the story together so it would have made more sense in the end. I rate it 3 out of 10.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 6, 10 1:47 PM
LizzieK wrote:I didn't like this game. The story was about the worst made up crazy nonsense that I have ever seen. The graphics were washed out and just awful in general. The sound was very poorly done. I would give this a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Ditto Lizzie and I'll also add it's a very short game.

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Jun 6, 10 2:06 PM
Sorry I bought this game.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 6, 10 3:17 PM
LadyLavander wrote:Sorry I bought this game.

Ditto, even with the 30% discount! I kept playing to the end because I was expecting something to happen. What a loss of money and time!

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jun 7, 10 4:10 PM
I've just started this game and I am enjoying it. I'm glad i can play it. It has good graphics.

[Post New]by BearyBest2U2 on Jun 8, 10 5:34 AM
I finished the game, and my thought was " Geez, this is it" what a dumb ending to a really good game. Left me hanging, wondering is this all there is and is there going to be a sequel?

[Post New]by dehegerty on Jun 9, 10 3:35 AM
This game has too many issues and it was not at all a pleasent experience..I would not recommend..Also it was not constructed with much forethought.. seemed like someone just wanted to make a quick buck on a game.. I feel I have been ripped off even if it is only $6.99.........NOT RECOMMENDED

[Post New]by englishtee on Jun 9, 10 2:42 PM
Hi,

I played the game thru once. When I tried again under the same name - (5 letters), I finish the first scene that has the butterfly. I get the message about excellent blah, blah, blah, then it starts from the beginning again, as if I am just starting from the outset. I have gone in and deleted the game, and tried again, but it does the same thing.

What is the problem?????

englishtee

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jun 10, 10 4:44 PM
Just finished - and to be fair - did not read all the comments. The ending was rather strange - or is it me? Otherwise liked it, though it got a bit repetitive.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 11, 10 4:10 AM
BearyBest2U2 wrote:I finished the game, and my thought was " Geez, this is it" what a dumb ending to a really good game. Left me hanging, wondering is this all there is and is there going to be a sequel?

Very anticlimactic, wasn't it? It was an intriguing story that could have used an English-speaking editor as well, (although that's sometimes part of the charm), but that ending was disappointing. BUT! I was just so happy to actually be able to play it that I wasn't too disappointed, it was a fun game. I hope there is a sequel.

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Jun 11, 10 9:29 PM
Sorry didn't like this game. The story was intriguing but ended very odd. To me the most important thing in a casual game is the story. I don't expect great music or graphics. But in this case the music was annoying and when I turned it down, it just kept turning back up. The graphics were cloudy and the game was short. Finished in less than 2 hours. If you're looking to buy a game, get Deadtime Stories instead. Fun creepy story. Great graphics and voice acting.

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 9:32:46 PM PST

[Post New]by nan7g5b on Jun 12, 10 8:49 PM

The game was very simple,the story line made little sense to me and was very dark
shades of Steven King I got the feeling the male character grossed out his wife his daughter and his grand daughter by marring them all and driving them to insanity .
oh well

Go to: