Locket Issue Fixed!

Re:Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by tarsh1970 on May 23, 10 7:38 PM
It still doesn't work. still cant get past 1st stage. It still hasn't been fixed.

[Post New]by cellene on May 23, 10 8:18 PM
I downloaded this game today 05/23/05 for the trial. Can't get past the locket and there is NO fix to be downloaded anywhere I can find....nothing works past the locket. Any new ideas?

[Post New]by tasysam on May 23, 10 9:43 PM
aaarrrhhhhhhhh i only downloaded this game about half an hour ago.. can't get past first chapter. thought i was going mental.... will it be fixed soon??????

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on May 23, 10 10:45 PM
I think they have to go back to the drawing board with this one. It has major problems for sure. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, but it doesn't seem like there's been a decent fix so far. Big disappointment because I was looking forward to this one

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 24, 10 1:21 AM
i give up already!

Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by debbie43 on May 24, 10 8:44 AM
Hi Still wont work anyone got the new fix yet

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 8:45:55 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 9:44 AM
Hey Everyone!

Thanks so much for your continued patience. The update that resolved the locket issue at the end of chapter 1 should have shown up as a critical update in your Game Manager, however we are still working on another issue. If you're getting booted back to level one, it may be because the new level information did not have time to fully load. After you click to open the locket, please make sure that the new level information is completely loaded before you close the scene (this may take a couple seconds). This should resolve that issue and we will be sure to update everyone in this forum when we have more information.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you all for your patience.

Take care everyone!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 9:56:05 AM PST

pako
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pako on May 24, 10 10:06 AM
That really was fast. looks like a great game!! Thanks

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on May 24, 10 10:51 AM
I waited so long to make sure, I think my demo time is almost up & it still takes me back to the beginning!

tstrachan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tstrachan on May 24, 10 10:55 AM
Hi, I've redownloaded the game several times but still get the same problem at the first chapter locket. At first I thought it was a demo thing so purchased the game but keep having the same problem. Can you please send a message when this is resolved or when we can get a refund on it if it won't be fixed?

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 24, 10 12:12 PM
no critical update showed on the game manager - I tried waiting several seconds when playing the game but still got sent back to the beginning...

so I tried deleting the game to reinstall, and now can't even try it.. I've really been looking forward to this game...

can you help? at all?

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on May 24, 10 12:47 PM
Well i've done everything that everyone else has, but it still stops at the locket. I was really looking forward to this game. Sure hope it gets fixed soon. I saw the critical update and installed it, but it didn't fix whatever bugs are in this game.
Darn, wish i had waited to see if it got fixed before buying...happy gaming all

sunsh

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on May 24, 10 12:55 PM
Had the same problem with game going back to 1st scene.
Uninstalled and reinstalled and managed to play to almost the end of the game when the "dreaded locket" showed up and *poof*, I was back at first scene again.
I have downloaded the fix but think I will wait for complete fix before I play again so that I may forget where some items are.
Ahhhhhh , hmmmmm, let's see now.......it's been about a day since I last played and with my memory.......I bet nothing looks at all familiar at all. LOL
Thanks BF for trying so hard to fix the glitches

[Post New]by shelgeson4 on May 24, 10 1:20 PM
I have deleted this several times now and still getting the blank locket, then when you click close you go back to chapter 1, I have made it to chapter 5, and then had to go back to chapter 1, today I made it to chapter 9 and then had to go back to chapter 1, very very frustrating

[Post New]by shelgeson4 on May 24, 10 2:00 PM
ok so now it allowed my to get to chapter 10 thinking yay it was fixed. But after completing chapter 10 the locket opens up empty and takes me back to chapter 1, seriously thinking of asking for my money back.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on May 24, 10 2:04 PM
So far no problems since patch. We'll see as I go.

ehlanna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ehlanna on May 24, 10 4:07 PM
So I reinstalled the game and installed the "fix" and now it is worse then it was before. I can sometimes open the first level but when I go to the locket then I can't click on anything except help. The menu and close will not work and it doesn't show the next level either.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm beginning to think I wasted my money on this one.

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on May 24, 10 4:20 PM
pako wrote:That really was fast. looks like a great game!! Thanks

I disagree about "fast". This game was available on Saturday to members, yesterday for all others. Now, it was a weekend release so OK, I can understand a delay. However, this game was released with a MAJOR glitch that is unfathomable how it slipped by. Not only that, they then sent a "fix" that either didn't work, or in my case, made things worse since now when I get to the locket screen the game freezes. I actually have to kill it via task manager because nothing responds other then the "help" button (which seems ironic).

So, here is a game that has major known problems that has had members upset (varying from mildly annoyed to pretty angry based on some of the posts) and STILL no fix. There is a post from BFG about giving the game more time to load the screen, but, uh, how much time? Should I waste the entire free play time hoping it loads in time? There is no "loading" indicator so how do you judge? And what about for those who have already paid for a broken game? In my opinion, poor customer service that there has not been more communication, that the little communication that has come through has been useless, and (in the case of "give it more time to load"), it is a bit insulting as if we, the players, are not allowing the game to have enough time to load. It has a slight tinge of blaming the buyer for a poor product.

Plus, to put the cherry on top, they have not pulled the game from the sight so if someone new does not check the forums first, or at all, BFG can just continue to rake in the money until the buyer demands answers and/or a refund. I have always enjoyed BFG until this fiasco. Plus, reading the posts, discovering there is another game out there that has never been fixed, is a little disappointing and damages the reputation. Customer service to me means a little more communication, a little forethought, and yes, a quick fix when possible. If not possible, a better explanation then "let the game load a little longer" is in order. As someone else said, harsh words, yes. Hopefully BFG will learn from this and not just glide by thinking "who cares about customers" because it will bite them in future. Especially in tough economic times when people count every penny a little more.

Just my (grumpy) opinion after a day of useless job searching so take however you like.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 5:05 PM
Hey Fishies!

The new version of The Heritage has been updated. Click here for more information.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone for your patience.

-bfgZambezi

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on May 24, 10 8:59 PM
I am still having problems with the locket and the game booting me back to the beginning. It is a shame, because I thought about buying the game.

Go to: