ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 26, 10 7:17 PM
My problem is with the boxes at the beginning of the Second Day.

I used the paper clips on the boxes on the Second Day, and the girl made some comment about having "one to go" when I did the first one, but the boxes don't open. The dialogue changes to reference some type of stone tablets and that I'd better be careful, but the boxes never opened. There was absolutely no change in them from when I approached them the first time and they were locked until the time that she says they are stone tablets and I've used the paper clip. No change at all.

Were the tops supposed to open, or was something supposed to happen?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 26, 10 11:15 PM
yes, the tops were supposed to open! what a strange thing!
if she made a comment, just try to open both boxes (even though you don't see tops opening). after you're done, use your camera on one of them and click. if you hear the camera "click" then you're ok. you'll get a photo in you inventory.

btw. no one else seems to have a problem like this. ???

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 27, 10 12:01 AM
They never opened, but I took a picture of the tops of the boxes anyway and it seemed to work at least enough to get a picture. The tops, however, never did open.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 27, 10 12:47 AM
ChocPeng wrote:They never opened, but I took a picture of the tops of the boxes anyway and it seemed to work at least enough to get a picture. The tops, however, never did open.

OK, very strange! however, if you have the photo now, you can continue playing

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on May 27, 10 6:02 AM
Just started the second day with no problems except none of the characters are visible -- only what they are holding and their shadows on the floor. Any suggestions? I am running XP and using the game settings as preset on the download.

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 6:14:33 AM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 27, 10 6:11 AM
ZekesPeach wrote:Just started the second day with no problems except none of the characters are visible -- only what they are holding and their shadows on the floor. Any suggestions? I am running XP and usung the game settings as preset on the download.

this is because of outdated video drivers on your computer. You should contact BFG tech support - they can help you with this one!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on May 27, 10 1:33 PM
Darn, my computer froze up twice today. The first was Buried in Time and now this one. With this game it froze when I used the key to get into the locked basement door. I was really getting into this game until wham, screen froze up.
I'm affraid to try it again being that I had to shut down computer twice today.
Any suggestions?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on May 27, 10 3:59 PM
My labyrinth is nothing but a big black rectangle with a tiny brown blob that I assume is supposed to be my character. On the walkthroughs, I see that there are supposed to be some level of light coming through on the maze and the character is at least supposed to have a small circle of light around her to allow her to see deadends as she comes up upon them. Also, in the walkthroughs it says to use the arrows at the bottom of the screen - and I have nothing at the bottom of my screen. Clearly something isn't right here. Has anyone else had this problem and any solution?

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on May 27, 10 7:13 PM
Hi can anyone tell me if this game is meant to have speaking audio as I only have subtitles. At the first point of the game I had speach audio and music however now only music and sound effects. Is this normal as usually these games have the option of both written and sound when a person is speaking.

stilldixon
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by stilldixon on May 28, 10 6:29 AM
My game also crashes when she meets the detective and he has solved the case. When I try to go back in, I get a message from "OGRE Engine Rendering" saying the following:
Allow NVPerfHUD: No
Anti aliasing: None
Floating-point Mode: Consistent
Full Screen: Yes
Rendering Device Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
VSync: Yes
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion: No

Though I understand a bit of this, I don't know what it means.
It kicks me back to before I enter the office and get the marbles, etc. It has done this three times.

[Post New]by richie7119 on May 28, 10 11:30 AM
reloaded game 3 times and still get teck issues wont even load up

No Cut Scenes & Fatal Exception Err Msg

[Post New]by Vixencurse on May 28, 10 10:25 PM
msilva731 wrote:Cut scenes are just horizontal lines, which if I hit the space bar will just bypass and open the menu screen. After the door was opened and approached the fountain I got exception err msg.

Checked to ensure comp all upto date; even reinstalled flash/shockwave software, ran dxdiag-no problems found, uninstalled and reinstalled game. Still get the same issues.

Don't see anyone else having "these" issues. Any suggestions?

I'm having this issue too! Anyone know how to fix??

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on May 30, 10 6:00 AM
Is there going to be a further update on this game or not?
The one that's been released hasn't solved all the problems.
Haven't had a response from customer services yet & I'm just wondering.

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by waguhs123 on May 30, 10 11:40 AM
kelvy0303 wrote:When I click on new game, it takes me to load, then kicks me back out to game manager. Have uninstalled, will reinstall. If that doesn't work, another no buy for me. Since Legend of Crystal Valley had issues, I'm not surprised this one does.

I had the same exact problem in both, "Hotel" and "Legend of Crystal Valley." They just kick you out of the game before you can even start playing the game, and takes a minute of your demo time, everytime you try to get it to work. They look like good games, just wish they would work!

[Post New]by wikedwhich on May 30, 10 6:54 PM
I give up. I just downloaded the updated version and the game still won't start. This has been addressed more than a few times in this forum and NO ANSWER. I'm very disappointed.

[Post New]by aratch on May 31, 10 8:45 AM
I had some technical issues during the game fuzzy text. but I was able to get to the finale but having trouble finishing I have the grail but I am unable to pick up the lit torch It was already lit when I entered "cave" walkthrough said to light torch from torch in inventory I did not have that. torch was already lit , but I am unable to pick it up.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on May 31, 10 8:56 AM
nightwish43 wrote:The game will not start. I click on new game, and straight away it takes me back to the game manager with a minute of my demo time.
I have XP prof. as OPsystem.

I am having the same problem, will someone please help?

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on May 31, 10 12:48 PM
moonfire69 wrote:I have installed, re-installed twice. The game froze at the fountain both times. I did updates, etc. So I lost 15 min game play. No go till p[u]roblems have been fixed.

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on May 31, 10 12:48 PM
moonfire69 wrote:I have installed, re-installed twice. The game froze at the fountain both times. I did updates, etc. So I lost 15 min game play. No go till p[u]roblems have been fixed.

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on May 31, 10 12:51 PM
[b][i] I also got froze out at the fountain. and this game looks promising. I run a laptop which is current in every way. Except the one that counts obiously. Sigh!

Go to: