schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by schuldi on May 25, 10 7:10 PM
I got the new version but now when I get to chapter 13 the arrow to switch is by the painting and it does not switch so I cannot play anymore.
What advise do you have? Hey Margie B, help!!

[Post New]by WenckeBrat on May 25, 10 7:41 PM
I really wanted to play this game. All I could play was the first chapter too many times to count. I downloaded the first fix, and played the first chapter over and over again. I had 25 minutes left when I downloaded this "fix". The game then lagged horribly and I played the first chapter 2 times thinking maybe it would work. Wrong. Not only did it not fix the locket problem, after playing the first chapter 2 times, it then said my trial was up. I have never had this many problems with a game before. I think BFG should give everyone a new 60 minute trial AFTER they get this thing fixed.

jk53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jk53 on May 25, 10 7:42 PM
Add me to the disgusted list. I am a frequent buyer on HOG from BFG. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled 5 times. Even tried with a new profile - same results. Go through the first HOG scene, get to the locket and NOTHING. Have to use the Task Manager to quit the game. I give up. Looks like it could be an interesting game but when it takes this many attempts, and has so many glitches, I don't think I'm interested. BFG should pull the game off the website and work out all of the glitches (seems like there is one major & several minor) prior to putting it back on for trial.

[Post New]by joybeil on May 25, 10 8:05 PM
It works!!! I used the tip of deleting my original profile and it works!! I love this game. Thank you for fixing it. It is bound to be a favorite of mine.

OOPS, spoke to soon.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 8:25:29 PM PST

talitango
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by talitango on May 25, 10 8:27 PM
I have done all the fixes recommended, and still stuck on the locket in Chapter One. I give up. Might have been a great game, but I am tired of trying to get it to play.

[Post New]by froglady50 on May 25, 10 8:52 PM
I have tried to install and uninstalled this game so many times. I purchased this game and I would like another game to replace this one. Thank You

CindySt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by CindySt on May 25, 10 9:28 PM
sorry your fix did not fix. installed new version, created new profile, same results as the complaints already given you. Picture does not appear in the locket, it freezes, have wasted 30 minutes of the 60 minute trial trying to resolve this problem.......looks like an interesting game, get it fixed please

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on May 26, 10 1:54 AM

Like so many others, I have deleted and downloaded this game several times and it still doesn't work.

To me something that is so much trouble isn't worth it. I have deleted the game for the last time.

Sorry, BF but this is a losing game..........

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 1:55:54 AM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on May 26, 10 4:09 AM
Everything fine for me at the first time of downloading the game. Locket works as well, maybe problems will arise later, but at the moment, great.

thika7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by thika7777 on May 26, 10 4:41 AM
Sorry to say the problem is still not fixed. Have deleted and reloaded several times. Used a new player. Not working. Keep trying BigFish. You have my sympathy.

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 26, 10 4:58 AM
I'm still waiting to buy this game when they get it fixed. How come Big Fish isn't posting any more news about it? Are they still working on it? I keep trying to keep track of it...........

nckym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nckym on May 26, 10 6:23 AM
I have just tried the Heritage game and it still locks up at the locket. Aggravating!

[Post New]by SANDYMAE5053 on May 26, 10 6:40 AM
I'VE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED AND MY GAME IS NOW (I GET THE WINDOW BUT NO PICTURE THE SOUND WHEN ITS COMING AND NOTHING WHEN I CLOSE WITH TASK MANAGER I GET THIS MESSAGE -THE __HERITAGEBFG.exe you chose to close nonresponsive program the program is not responding send error report and don't send

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 6:45:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Lindergirl on May 26, 10 6:45 AM
Hey fishies! Dont be a hater but I downloaded by the light of the moon and have had no problems. If you get all the problems fixed and get to play the game make sure the volume is up. I think I may have missed some things cuz of my volume being low. My only issue with the game is that the memories in the locket were very vague...I felt like I was missing part of the memory or something when I go to the next one. (Im a detail person and I guess mystery case files Ravenhearst spoiled me...wow what a game! played one and 2 through twice!!!) Overall Heritage was a fairly decent game. Although I wont trash it, I probably wont play it again.

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 26, 10 6:51 AM
Well, tried everything they have asked us to to try and fix this game, other than the Dr Felix thing, and that will not happen. Worse fix than before on this "update/fix" release. Not sure what to think of BF and it's client relations.
Now I can't exit when the 1st chapter locket comes up and have to exit through task manager then get the message not responding. This is really crap especially when a person has paid for it.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 26, 10 6:51 AM
Don't know what you did but now it works...........so far. I am up to ch 13 and so far this game is beautiful. Had problems with that ch 1 but found if I didn';t open the locket at that point I could continue. Maybe that is the answer, don't open the locket.

[Post New]by mommyswenn on May 26, 10 11:15 AM
I too am still having troubles with this game.

I did the one-hour trial, but at the end of Chapter 5 (I think) got booted back to Chapter 1. I thought it was b/c my free trial was over, even though I still had time left (have seen that before, where you must purchase to get the full version of the game). So I used a credit to buy said full version. That was when i realized there was a problem, as I kept looping through Chapter 1. Came on here to find that many other people had the same issue and saw that BFG was already aware of the situation and working to remedy it.

I installed the update yesterday, and it seemed as though the problem was fixed as I was able to play well past the point I made it the first time, before being bounced back to Chapter 1. However, I made it to the end of the chapter with the map, and all of a sudden I was back at Chapter 1 again. And, like others, my computer froze and I had to use task manager to end the game.

Checked manually for updates, but apparently I already have the latest one, because none were available.

I hope that BFG is able to actually fix this game, because I'm really enjoying it! And I do have to say that anytime I've ever had a problem with a game, they've been right on top of things. Dr. Felix is an incredibly useful tool and has solved issues for me in the past. BFG customer support is among the best I've ever dealt with -- they've gone so far as to phone ME to try to fix an ongoing problem I've had. So perhaps cut them a bit of a break, they are doing everything they can!

[Post New]by meemaone on May 26, 10 3:11 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I have installed and reinstalled this game five times with both of the updates. The same problem still exists with a new one added now. At the point where the locket opens after the first chapter the game freezes totally. I had to go to Task Manager to close it. This has happened several times now.

I'm about done with this game. BFG needs to take this game off the website and not allow anyone else to download it. This game is a mess.

[Post New]by jebksb1977 on May 26, 10 5:42 PM
Downloaded the game again, started a new profile and the game froze at the locket at the end of chapter one. Like everyone else, I had to exit from the task manager. Game has be uninstalled and will not be installed again until there is a genuine fix in place.
So looking forward to playing the game in the future.

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on May 26, 10 6:29 PM
this did not work I tried it. uninstalled the game and reinstalled same thing

Go to: