BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Feb 8, 18 8:39 AM
Hello, Moderators,

Just wanted to touch base with you to see, if by any chance, there has been any word from PM8?

I know you are probably getting upset by all the questions! But for the ones of us that are left behind trying to still play the game here on BF it is not easy. We don't have a new quest each week. We have lost most of our neighbors & that makes it difficult to play the game without help with food & expeditions (if we use our crystals to buy or do the Magic Gate one).

So, excuse me (or us) if I ask about any progress in negotiations or whatever is happening in the background to resolve this problem!

Thank you all for your hard work!

Billye

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 8, 18 10:10 AM
Hello BillyeLH,

Before I start, we definitely understand wondering what the status of our portal to Rooms of Memory stands, and I would be happy double checking to see if we've happened to have received any further details.

It appears that we've requested additional information from the teams behind the game but haven't yet received further information. We still are waiting for more information so we can provide specific answers to our players, and I'm sorry that it seems to be taking some time. As soon as we hear more, a moderator will be sure to update everyone here in regards to what we have learned. We thank all of our players for their continued patience.

Thank you for your time and understanding as well. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Feb 14, 18 7:04 AM
I'm a bit confused :-) BillyeLH, you say we have lost most of our neighbours, that is true, me too, but what I don't understand is why ... I mean, in the time that we are waiting to see what to do and what will happen to the game, can't we just continue to play? Did those "lost neighbours" stop playing? Or did they move elsewhere? what happened? Some of my "lost neighbours" were real active players ...
And won't new players join the game on BFG? Or can't they? Anyone got an idea?

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Feb 14, 18 8:29 AM
moniekk wrote:I'm a bit confused :-) BillyeLH, you say we have lost most of our neighbours, that is true, me too, but what I don't understand is why ... I mean, in the time that we are waiting to see what to do and what will happen to the game, can't we just continue to play? Did those "lost neighbours" stop playing? Or did they move elsewhere? what happened? Some of my "lost neighbours" were real active players ...

I can only speak for myself. On BFG I had 86 active neighbors. 8 of those are still active on BFG only. 70 moved over to Playme8. I gained a few and lost a few and currently have 76 Neighbors on PM8. I'm still picking up stragglers.

Lower level players can still find plenty to do at BFG but it will be more difficult with fewer players. Once a player opens an account on PM8 and their two versions of the game are synced anything earned on BFG to that point transfers to PM8. Any additional gains on BFG will not show up on PM8. There is no incentive for those that moved to PM8 to continue on BFG. Some still come back to help long-time neighbors and friends who haven't made the decision to move over.

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Feb 15, 18 10:16 AM
moniekk wrote:I'm a bit confused :-) BillyeLH, you say we have lost most of our neighbours, that is true, me too, but what I don't understand is why ... I mean, in the time that we are waiting to see what to do and what will happen to the game, can't we just continue to play? Did those "lost neighbours" stop playing? Or did they move elsewhere? what happened? Some of my "lost neighbours" were real active players ...

What Vulcaness said is right. Here on BF, I have very few neighbors that are still playing on just BF. I do have some wonderful neighbors that moved to PM8 that still return each day to gift. Their BP items duplicated when they moved to PM8. So the items left here, they are giving to the neighbors that stayed.

Lower level players do have plenty to do but for the higher level players have to try to find things to do. I have had new neighbors since but most of them have not worked out, i.e. don't gift items on wish list, don't play long before they go to sleep, etc.. Since we have fewer neighbors, it is harder to get items that you need so we have to depend on our neighbors gifting daily & what is on wish list. I'm not saying you have to give BP items but most players that have played a long time will always have a "free" item on their list. That is the gift that I'm talking about.

Yes, new players can join on BF,

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, you can always PM me.

Leia1960
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Leia1960 on Feb 15, 18 8:56 PM
Hi BF, Still waiting for news. Over on PM8 they have just today started a fifth quest that was not launched on my BF RoM. Just occured to me I should go ask PM8 what the story is. Later.

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Feb 16, 18 6:17 AM
Ok, got it. thanks for the explanation, Vulcaness and BillyeLH :-)
So after creating an account at Playme8 the two versions get synched? Cool .... how long does that take? You have to use the same username and pasword I suppose?
I'm still low-level (111) and got things to do, so no rush :-)

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Feb 16, 18 4:12 PM
Hi Moniekk,

the new account will be available immediately, as soon as you create it you'll be able to access the game. Yes you have to use the same email address and username you have in BGF for the new account. Your backpack, gold, gems, level, trophies,everything is transferred over to your new account (plus you get 20 crystals). The only problem is you loose all your neighbours (at least that's what happened to those who moved over about a month ago). I do not know if this is still happening now. I found that some of my "old" neighbours were added gradually (this suggests that as they move over, they get re-united to / synched to their neighbours automatically), but I also found that new neighbours were added "randomly" every day, which is not a bad thing
In palyme8 you get 14 random neighbours to invite each day, as opposed to 10 in the old version, so you can build up a new neighbourhood quite quickly.
If you decide to move, you can by all means send an in-game message to your existing neighbours in BFG to let them know you are moving, and to give them your new code so that they can invite you once they move also.

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but once you move over, if you go back and play in BFG, any progress you make there will not transfer over to Palyme8 and that's why most of those who move, will gradually stop playing on BFG.
happy playing

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Feb 18, 18 6:03 AM
Hi saturnina100 :-)

thank you so much for your detailed explanation! Helps a lot :-) I have always played with BFG and had never heard of Playme8 before, so was not sure what to do and what would happen :-)

Happy playing!

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Feb 19, 18 3:51 AM
saturnina100 wrote:[...]Yes you have to use the same email address and username you have in BGF for the new account. [...]

This is not true. You use the link within the game to set up your new account and you can use any email address, any username and any password.

This has been documented in this and other threads several times. Plenty of my neighbours from BF have different user names on PM8.

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Feb 19, 18 11:10 AM
moniekk wrote:Hi saturnina100 :-)

Happy playing!

I sent you a Private Message.

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Feb 20, 18 4:26 AM
Great, thanks all :-)

Enjoy the game!

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Feb 23, 18 6:06 AM
Dear BF mods,
It's been about 2 months since Playme8 started redirecting players away from Big Fish and directly to Playme8, and 2 weeks since your last update telling us you still don't know what is going on. The more time goes by, the harder it is to believe that Big Fish doesn't know what is happening.

The game on Big Fish is no longer being updated. Over 2/3rds of my Big Fish neighbors have already moved from Big Fish to Playme8, where the game continues to be supported, and where quests continue to be offered.

Can you PLEASE share with us your intent with this game? Even if a resolution is not imminent, it would be helpful to know the direction you would like things to take. Do you plan to continue to offer your "frozen" version of ROM to your Big Fish customers? Do you hope to offer the new extended version of ROM that Playme8 has made available to your former customers?

I love Rooms of Memory, and I prefer to stay with Big Fish Games, but it is getting harder and harder to remain. Please continue to let us know what is happening with this game. Thank you.

Edited on 02/26/2018 at 12:00:43 AM PST

B612x
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by B612x on Feb 23, 18 9:01 PM

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Feb 26, 18 6:18 AM
PlusJenney wrote:Dear BF mods,

I love Rooms of Memory, and I prefer to stay with Big Fish Games, but it is getting harder and harder to remain. ...

Same here ... also so far I am too scared to make the jump to Playme8 ...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 26, 18 12:32 PM
Hello Everybody,

We definitely understand wondering what the status of our portal to Rooms of Memory stands, and I would be happy double checking to see if we've happened to have received any further details. It appears that we've requested additional information from the developers of the game, but haven't yet received further information from them.

We have been busy trying to receive additional information directly from the teams behind the game, and we still are waiting for more information. Our intention has been to work with those appropriate teams so that we can provide specific answers to our players and assist with any changes that may entail while making it clear what is occurring. This definitely requires the response we've requested a few times now, and we continue to request this information from those teams. If we receive information regarding what is occurring, a moderator will be sure to update everyone here in regards to what we have learned. We thank all of our players for their continued patience as we await those details.

Thank you for your time and understanding that we are unable to provide information that we do not have. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Mar 13, 18 7:07 PM
First off, I realize that all the Moderators have no control over this problem with RoM developers! But, it has been over 3 months since the first message from RoM appeared.

We, the ones that have been loyal to BF, deserve to have an answer to whether RoM will be pulled or new updates will be installed!

It is getting harder & harder to continue to play RoM without new updates! It is boring, not easy to do challenges without adequate friends to help, getting charges without many neighbors & when you have to buy a new challenges with crystals, etc.

Just let us know if it isn't every going to get updated so that we can make a decision about the game.

I, for one, would rather play RoM on BF! Regardless, I will still play on BF as I play on another game & have lots of games from BF.

Please, can you tell the powers to be that we need an answer sooner than later?

To all the Moderators, thank you for your daily help. I know it isn't an easy task!

Thank you, again!

Billye

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Mar 16, 18 10:47 AM
Yeah, I feel like we have been abandoned and forgotten. Three months should be plenty of time to determine an action by BFG:
1. Negotiating a deal with PlayMe8 is underway, 2. It is what it is; you can continue to play as it is, or 3. We will be removing the game as there is no way to move forward.

Feels like we are being strung along...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 16, 18 1:01 PM
Hello BillyeLH and mommerj,

Thank you both for reaching out and discussing what you are concerned about. I completely understand these sentiments, and have provided this feedback to our teams for their follow up.

While we don't have further information from the teams behind the game, do know that teams on our end are actively trying to obtain this information. Since we haven't received a response from the appropriate teams behind the game, we have no information to provide from them to answer what may be happening. This leaves moderators in a hard position because we are unable to discuss further with no information to go off of.

I know it can be rough to not know the status of a game you like to play, and we hope that the appropriate teams will get back in touch with us to discuss what is happening with this specific portal to Rooms of Memory. Thank you for your continued patience while we continue to request this information.

bfgIlinalta

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Apr 6, 18 3:59 AM
Still no news, eh? Seems like a government ;-)

Go to: