Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 9:27 AM
It isn't for just the extra gameplay. What worth is the strategy guide and wallpaper to you? If none, you're better off waiting for the regular version.

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by happygrams18 on May 28, 10 9:55 AM
I hate to be so ignorant, but could someone explain to me the following that I keep seeing posted all the time:

IHOG
WALLPAPER
TM

There is probably more but can't think right now. If anyone knows of other "gamers language", please pass it on to me so I can learn the jargon.

By the way, I downloaded the demo game of the Puppet Show and I was enthalled. Outstanding graphics, story line and made me think! It is the type of quality of game that I look for. Wish there were more of them, then Big Fish would get rich off of me. Sure!

Please help this old grandma learn the language of the hidden object games. Thanks bunches.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 9:58 AM
IHOG - Interactive Hidden Object Game
Wallpaper - screen(saver) decoration
TM - Time Management

[Post New]by happygrams18 on May 28, 10 10:07 AM
Thank you Mr. Russ for the explanations of IHOG, Wallpaper and TM. It is very much appreciated.

got2play
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by got2play on May 28, 10 11:07 AM
Great game but I wouldn't recommend buying this CE unless you have money to burn. I just finished the extra level of play and it took about an hour. The rest of the extras are just the typical soundtrack, concept art, wallpaper. I already found the game itself to be a bit short but absolutely worth $6.99.

My advice is to wait for the regular version - either way, enjoy! It's a good one.

(out of 5)

dawnssis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dawnssis on May 28, 10 11:55 AM
msrox wrote:Hello all you fishies. I have been a BFG member for years and have never posted but have always read the forums daily on all the new games, particularly HOG and IHOG. Today I felt compelled to post because about 2 months ago I was fortunate to have been chosen to beta test Puppet Show. I have been waiting oh so impatiently for it to be available for purchase, (I have the first one as well). It is FABULOUS!!! and more. It's exactly the right mix of hiddens, minis, adventure, eye-catching, addicting, spooky.....I could go on and on and on. Even though my pocket is always a little on the light side, I have to get the CE. There is no turning back now.
And.............a huge Thank you to all the posters that take the time to write reviews for all of us to ponder and make decisions. It helps soooooo much. To Prpldva, CasualGran, TerryMann, Smallhaven, Oldbay, Eisteepfish, (hope I spelled that right), LizzieK, Poodlebear, (we miss you), and many many others, you are very much appreciated!
I guess it's now official........I am a Sea Anemone!!! WOO HOO!

Thank you BFG....you just keep getting better and better.

I tested this game as well. Every day when I checked for the new release I was disappointed until yesterday! Oh how happy this little fish is now!! I know what I'm doing this weekend!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 28, 10 11:56 AM
About 4 hours in length for the game (though I was up from my desk a few times), and about 40 minutes for the extra game play.
Extra story line sets up for next game in series....YAY!
Graphics are incredible! No blur or excessive darkness and beautifully done.
Story line is logical and interesting.
Music not intrusive.
HOGs are clear and memory retentive. If you come back a second time the articles from the first search are still gone.
Hints are endless and refill fairly normal.
Skip button for mini-games.
Many different mini games. No repeats that I remember.
Guide is game accessable. No having to go back to menu. I did not use the guide so not sure how clear instructions are.
Worth the money to me. This game is very well done. Though I must say I did find this one much easier than the first but still entertaining.
The spider robot is back......and still kinda creepy in IMO.
On the whole I'd give this a definite

[Post New]by lilminnow8 on May 28, 10 12:09 PM
Loved the trial and am going to have to purchase the CE. I never played the first game, but after this I may go back and check that one out as well. Great game and a "must have" in my book.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on May 28, 10 12:17 PM
This is one a few that are more than good, compares to Dire Grove, and the Ravenhurst's. I was sad when it was over. Also, had no glitches or freezes of any kind. Money well spent. Thanks BF

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on May 28, 10 12:40 PM
This game is awesome. It took me about 6 hrs or so to complete. it was worth it. i hope BF will come out with more of these kind of games.

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 12:42:20 PM PST

[Post New]by mydogdummy99 on May 28, 10 2:03 PM
I was sooooo excited to see the sequel. I forked over my 20$ as quick as I could get my credit card out of my wallet. Thank you BFG for this truly beautiful game!!

dawn_j72
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dawn_j72 on May 28, 10 2:14 PM
Loved this game!! More please!!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 28, 10 4:14 PM
I LOVED the first Puppet Show and was excited to see the sequel. I played the demo and was not disappointed. Great graphics and not so hard that you can't figure out things. No timer, so that's a plus for me.

I debated whether to spend $20 on the Collector's Edition but I only had to buy 2 more games to get a full punched card and a free game. Don't forget you get THREE punches for the Collector's Edition.

So I bought it for $20 knowing I would get 3 punches and a free game. Twenty dollars for two games isn't that bad. I know I'll play both of them over and over again (Collector's Edition and a free game of my choice.)

Thanks, BigFish!

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 4:16:07 PM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 28, 10 7:39 PM
What a great game!! Definitely a worthy sequel to the original. I just love the combination of play in these games - for me, a just right mix of IHOG & adventure. I took my time and finished this with no help from strategy guide or walkthrough - hard to gauge how long it took me because I played with breaks to deal with "real life". I can tell you that the bonus play amounted to just over an hour for me and I am not a quick player - would be shorter for a lot of players I think. Either way - this game is fantastic and I can't think of a bad thing to say about it!!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 28, 10 10:47 PM
Well, I liked this game. But, was it worth the 19.99 I paid for it? NAH! There was no 'fright' factor at all, while the first Puppet Show was totally eerie! I've been sick, so it took a while to finish the game, and still haven't finished the 'extra levels', but I will soon. The graphics were great, the music was okay and the hidden object scenes were good, even though some of the objects were pretty tough to find. Found myself doing a lot of 'running around', forgetting where a certain room was or which room a certain object was in that I needed to repair, etc. Found it rather boring and tedious at times, which I did not find at all in the Puppet Show. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give this one a 3, when I gave the first one a 5! Happy days to all.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 29, 10 3:53 AM
I am obviously in the minority here but I disliked this game. I started in the easier mode; the continual sparkles were so irritating I stopped playing after 19 minutes. Went back to the game today and it just got worse. I was constantly using the strategy guide as didn't know what to do next, some of the hidden objects were very hard to find and when I exit the game, I get endless animations before it closes. What the point is of that I have no idea but it's just another annoyance as far as I'm concerned. Not for me even if it was free!

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 11:02:27 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 4:45 AM
Easy with the sparklies may be too easy. I'm only playing on hard (though the extras are easy and can't be changed).

This is very much an IHOG in the adventure mould. You may find it easier to make notes of what you can't do in a room. Sometimes the object you need will be several minutes and several locations away.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 29, 10 6:27 AM
Mr Russ is correct; you got the sheet music needed to free Simon in the 2nd scene & didn't have to use it until nearly the end of the game.

TYVM to all those who were nice enough to tell us what the bonus content was. By "soundtrack", tho, what exactly do you mean by that? Is there an mp3 file you can save to pc once you unlock the bonuses? Inquiring b/c I really like the music in this game & that would fun to scare the neighbors w/ LOL

I did like the integration of the strategy guide & its ease of use. Some CEs make you exit the game to access it. Yknow, instead of terming them "collector's editions" & getting ppl's dainties in a wad over it, they should just be called "bonus editions" or "special editions".

very disapointed in this sequel was really looking forward to this game first game lasted me ages

Hmmm, really? The 1st Puppet Show was only about 2 hrs long & I was up to Ch7 in that demo, so I waffled a bit on buying it simply b/c of the length. This one I only got half thru Ch4, so I have a feeling it's going to be a lot longer than 2 hrs this time. Maybe it seemed faster to you b/c you already had the hang of what they wanted you to do in it?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 29, 10 6:45 AM
Physically, it's lovely, no question of that.

However...there are problems.

1) The strategy guide froze when I clicked on it. And did not unfreeze. I had to do a hard reboot.

2) I kept hitting sparkly areas (like the floor in the puppet shop) with the correct tool (the crowbar) and having the crowbar not work the first time. Or the second. In this case, it took five tries for the correct tool to function.

3) The hint meter, even in regular mode, is very slow.

4) Many of the objects are exceedingly small and are hard to see. They also don't always look like the objects they're intended to be, such as the heart on the foot of the teddy bear in the puppet shop. The heart resembles a dark V.

I also found that I didn't have much clue where to go after I'd solved a hidden object game. Normally, I would have expected the storyline to provide some guidance, but there was no guidance and little story. I kept waiting for the story too improve, but it never did.

Overall, I'd give it a 5 for prettiness, a 4 for graphics (minus 1 for the small objects), a 1 for music (the same tune played over and over and OVER was annoying) and 2 for gameplay. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't all that interesting.

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on May 29, 10 6:56 AM
I played the first Puppet Show and it's in my list of favorites. Played the demo for this one and just bought it. Confined to bed due to surgery so I look forward to passing the time in sheer bliss. Of course, chocolate helps too. Thanks BFG for another great game.

Go to: