Re:Your Comments and Review for Faded Reality

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 2, 10 4:53 PM
This was actually a fun game to play. It was challenging getting past the language barrier. I had no idea what to look for in many cases but the hint was very fast charging. The story was interesting but it certainly ended abruptly. For me, I would rate it somewhere in the middle. It wasn't my favorite game but I did enjoy it except for placing the lights all the time. I quickly learned to skip that puzzle as soon as possible. The other minigame of putting the triangles and squares together was fun the first few times but became very repititious very quickly.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Jun 3, 10 2:23 AM
I think this game is interesting enough for me to buy it. I like the graphics and sound and story lines. I would give this game a 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5 stars. I have not finished the game yet. Wehn I do I will be posting a conclusion to this post. Has nayone else already purchased this game?

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 3, 10 8:08 AM
really nice game, i had no problems whatsoever with the game loading. it always restarts where i left off

mel92
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mel92 on Jun 3, 10 8:30 AM
So far so good, but the six shelves is bothering me - nothing seems to respond, and that tends to make me give up. Any clues? Mel92

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jun 3, 10 8:37 AM
YAWN!! Boring and overly simple. Graphics ok, sound ok. mini-puzzles ok for a child. Story had me interested but oversimplified. No buy for me.

[Post New]by heatherceana on Jun 3, 10 9:09 AM
I decided to buy this one. I'm not sorry for it.

I LOVE the no timer!!! The last thing I want after a stressful day is to come home and have to play on the edge of my seat. If I want to be timed though, that should be an option. Most of the timed games are insanely limited in time. It really kills my leisure time. I suppose if I had nothing to do with myself all day long, I would enjoy being jack-hammered with insanely limited timers.

A couple of comments to the obviously foreign-speaker who designed this though:

Ladybirds are female basketball players who play for the Univ. of Louisville. You tagged a ladybug as a ladybird.

Beside means next to, not under.

A Badger-dog??? Where did you get your Lexicon? That thing is a Dashhound or Dachshund. Either one is acceptable.

"after the dark" is 'after dark' or 'after it gets dark'.

There are more. If you want help proofing your English, feel free to contact me. The English is pretty good. I usually know what's meant. Sometimes though, I just want to scream, because the designer seems to have just made-up words that never have existed in this language.

Cheers!

Heather Ceana

(Lost the first time. Hope it doesn't post twice.)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 3, 10 9:15 AM
Ladybirds are female basketball players who play for the Univ. of Louisville. You tagged a ladybug as a ladybird.
No. This is UK English not US English.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 3, 10 9:38 AM
heatherceana wrote:Ladybirds are female basketball players who play for the Univ. of Louisville. You tagged a ladybug as a ladybird.

A Badger-dog??? Where did you get your Lexicon? That thing is a Dashhound or Dachshund. Either one is acceptable.

Heather,
If you do a google search for Our Lady's Bird you will see that the ladybug was originally called the labybird. It is a very interesting story of how in medieval days people thought this little beetle was protected by Our Lady the Virgin Mary.

Badger Dog - The name comes from the German word "dachshund" which translates literally to "badger dog." Dachshunds were bred to hunt badgers.

The terms used in this game are mostly British english and not USA english.
You can check out the topic The Hidden Challenge within the game to see a list of more of the British and American language comparisons.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 9:46:16 AM PST

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jun 3, 10 11:02 PM
Kayster wrote:Just because you don't know a word, don't assume the developers are idiots.

"Spoon" is well known amongst golfers as an old fashioned name for a specific club - as noted by two commenters above. Before you get in a huff, check a dictionary or the internet to see if perhaps there is something in this world you do not yet know. And learn something new. YAY!

And please read the other reviews and comments before you spout-off on something that has already been answered over and over again (game saving, word usage in this case).

And do not recommend people don't even bother demo-ing. As is clear from this thread, opinions very, as do likes and dislikes. If you don't like "find the differences" say "if you dislike 'find the differences' as much as I do, this game is probably not for you as I came across 4 in the half hour I played" not "This is a horrible game. What's up BFG?" The latter is totally useless to readers and contributes nothing to the conversation.

I always read the reviews for games I am thinking of buying or am at least on the fence about. But there are so many useless posts in the reviews forums, I spend about four times as long as I should trying to find out what others think. Have something to say about the game that will help others evaluate whether to buy or not? GREAT, pitch in. But just want to hear you own voice (or see your own words, I suppose) SHUT UP. No one else cares.

/end rant/

PS. I am an admin on another (non-game) site that prides itself on helpful, positive, friendly forums. BFG forums could be much more closely moderated without losing one iota of the community support feeling in the forums.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jun 3, 10 11:07 PM
Good on you Kayster - well done for a bit of maturity and sensible comments!
I totally agree - I was also pleasantly suprised that the game grew on me as time went on , especially after reading so many negative comments. It's a good game for all ages - sometimes it's nice just to have a relaxing change of scene and the graphics are beautiful. It wasn't too easy at times either and I quite liked the way you had to hunt around to uncover one object to get the letters for another - that didn't worry me as it made it that little bit more difficult. I don't like to rush in and use hints either and this was just a pretty good all round mix for me and I think I will use this month's credit to buy it.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jun 3, 10 11:12 PM
Interesting comments coming through re. the languages. I live in NZ where we are very regularly exposed to both US and UK English, amongst other languages, it is really interesting to see the debates flying across the Atlantic! For example ladybug and ladybird are both really well known here (and nothing to do with American sports either) - maybe we should all try looking a bit further beyond our borders - and extending our horizons and minds a bit! Cheers.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 6, 10 12:47 PM
The number one reason I post in comments and reviews is for myself. I enter my opinion of the game so that I know in future if it's a game I want to buy or not. I enjoyed playing the hour demo. I found the game interesting, well developed and fun. I am not prone to criticize spelling or word choice because it's just a waste of my time to ponder on those things. I had the pleasure (or curse) of being a closed beta tester for a game and found it got so bogged down in the little things to correct that I lost total joy and interest in the game. It was a great game to start with but the developers wanted it to be perfect. Perfect in a game is just not going to happen. I only care about show stoppers, bugs that cause the game to bomb, or other catastrophic event. Otherwise I don't find joy in nickpicking.

Also, I enjoy different words for items. I agree with Puzzledone that it makes the game more interesting, and I never want to stop learning. One of the main motivations to my game playing is keeping my mind bright and active.

Having said all that, I'm not going to buy this game right now because for me it didn't have the WOW factor and that's all I'm looking to buy these days. Games like Dead Time that I just had to play and Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, Puzzle bots...

[Post New]by pcurrey on Jun 6, 10 1:19 PM
the was ok but the ending was so stupit it just no end to the story Do Not Buy this[u]

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 7, 10 5:45 PM
I found that after several levels doing the same thing the game got boring. Isn't there some way to the gamers have some in put as to how the game should not repeat the same thing level after level.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 8, 10 7:36 AM
I enjoyed playing it but it has a rather peculiar ending. Or is it the end it does not actually tell you anything about reaching a final conculsion.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 8, 10 7:38 AM
exact wrote:I am enjoying the game. Simple and relaxing, Nice scenes. If you are worried about spelling or recognizing a few items it's because it was probably developed by a French company so "go with the flow"! Exact

Please take no offence but the spelling was perfect for the English. We still use the old way of spelling. It was refreshing to get something with real English in it

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Jun 8, 10 12:09 PM
I like this game!
I like that it is not a short game. And I like the new - to me - game play style.
Looking forward to more from this developer, but I do suggest the they get a better English translator for their next game.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 8, 10 7:17 PM
Too bad the developers put "auto-hints." I really enjoyed playing until objects were "sparkle surrounded," for lack of a better description. If I wanted help I would have clicked the "Hint" button.

Alas, because of this fatal flaw I will not be purchasing this one...

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 8, 10 7:22 PM
meisie99 wrote:The number one reason I post in comments and reviews is for myself. I enter my opinion of the game so that I know in future if it's a game I want to buy or not.

I like that. I usually don't have much to say but I like the idea of leaving a note so I don't revisit a game that I didn't like.

Thanks, Meisie99...

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 9, 10 11:17 AM
heatherceana wrote:
A couple of comments to the obviously foreign-speaker who designed this though:

In England it is called a ladybird, not a ladybug.

Edited on 06/09/2010 at 11:17:47 AM PST

Go to: