Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Inquisitor

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 31, 10 10:11 PM
Cherubabies wrote:
I was so glad to see something more along these lines after so many occult themed games.

Hunting Witches and aligning Astrological wheels isn't an Occult Theme???

Cherubabies, I saw that you quoted a portion of my post so I thought I would try to explain what I meant. In other words, in this game, you're not a participant in occult things like making potions, casting spells and the like. It's an investigation to see if a girl accused of being a witch really is a witch-like huntington said, "not when you're on the "right" side of good and evil". Hope that helps.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on May 31, 10 10:57 PM
If anyone actually likes this game, what is the reason? It is pathetic.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on May 31, 10 11:15 PM
I had to throw in my two cents here: Don't buy this. I did, and I am SORRY.

First, cutscenes. Didn't realize you HAD to sit through each and every one. Got to the last one, hit skip, landed on the main menu. Figured damn, I'll just replay to watch the end again. No dice. Game crashed. Could NOT get it started again.

And word to the wary: if you hate those 16 square puzzle sliders, stay the hell away from this one.

Decent story, repetitive music, practically impossible hidden objects, no skip feature.

IMO: Waste of a credit.

mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mylilpony on Jun 1, 10 4:49 AM
The find the difference segments are so brutal I felt as if I had been the subject of an inquisition. The music is brooding, repetitious and flat out lame. Like someone else reported earlier, finding one blade of grass borders on the sadistic. This could have been an interesting game because the story line can hold a player's interest. However, there are too many flaws in the game to make it buyable.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jun 1, 10 8:17 AM
I didn't make it past 20 mins of the Demo (never made it to a mini-game but it they are STD then am not bothered). Not only is the story so inaccurate (He was a Witch-Finder not an Inquistitor - neither very nice people) but the HOG scenes are so dark and the items so small. After I clicked on what appeared to be a needle, to me (but was actually described as a hairpin), for a third time and then asked for a hint then it highlighted the item that I had been clicking!
I'm sorry but a definite no go for me. I find the games that are cast as 'occult' more fun than these inaccurate religious based games.....

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Jun 1, 10 4:04 PM
Slow, dark, clumsey.

Glitches ... the "hairpin" looks like a needle, complete with eye

On the mill, in the find the differences puzzle, one difference didn't register no matter how many times I clicked on it. Registered after using hints.

Wouldn't even pay $2.99 for it

1.5 out of 5

[Post New]by Calikitty on Jun 1, 10 4:46 PM
Way Too dark...Way Too Slow.... Worst game I ever got from Big Fish..... need my money back for sure...Oh Well.

tcwjwu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tcwjwu on Jun 1, 10 4:51 PM
I lasted 4 minutes, including skipping the cutscenes, before I gave up. The **** screens made me feel like there was something wrong with my monitor setting - just too dark to see anything.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 1, 10 5:52 PM
I think the story would of been more intresting if it had vocies,and better music,the music does not fit the scenes,the items to find are too short,there is jyst something missing,think i will wait till it goes on sale.I give it a thumbs for now,

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Jun 1, 10 6:18 PM
I am sorry BFG...but I wasn't impressed with this game at all. The main "problem" being the hidden objects were extremely difficult to see against the dark, earth tones in the scenes. Will not be buying this one.

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 6:19:44 PM PST

mara54
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mara54 on Jun 1, 10 6:57 PM
Do not buy this game. This is simply the worst hidden object game I have ever played and I am a huge HOG fan.

The Inquisitor storyline had great potential but the developer failed to live up to it.

Game play takes you to areas for no reason - you leave the forest at one point to be taken to a room in town only to have to return to the forest where another area opened up for investigation but there's nothing there to accomplish. Even after locating the right area & finding all the objects, there's no point to it. Nothing goes in your inventory and you end up just standing around wondering what the point was & why you're there.

Mini Games: The graphics are so bad that in "Spot the Difference" there's objects that come no where close to resembling what they're supposed to - the comb & scroll at the pond (?) for instance. And the differences in one of the rooms - I still have no idea what 3 of them were, but I randomly clicked until I miraculously found them.

One last note - the game can be quite picky about where you click, so don't question your sleuthing skills, question the game itself.

In summary, I can only assume this game was pushed way too early into the marketplace to cash in on the HOG popularity bandwagon. What a shame. And, kudos to Big Fish for providing a trial download because they saved me $6.99.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 1, 10 8:32 PM
Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz

ps. add a skip button for the puzzles, it would help. deleted, too many lengthy cut scenes, I was not even at the tower and 20 minutes had passed. whatever.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 2, 10 12:50 PM
roxycavalier wrote:If anyone actually likes this game, what is the reason? It is pathetic.

Hmmm, I thought those that liked it, like myself, had explained pretty well why we liked it. That is why we gave a detailed review and explained why we liked it and/or why we didn't instead of just saying we didn't or we did.

Anyway, I thought I would let everyone know, in case you didn't read the technical problems post that the game has an error. Once you purchase it, you will get an access violation error and you will not be able to play the game. BF is aware of the problem and has gone to the developer to get a fix.

jpvv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jpvv on Jun 2, 10 2:18 PM
I agree with Lucylokit that the game ran slowly and the dialogue took up most of the 60 minute play time but, what the heck I am not running a marathon and the story line and graphics were fairly good. . THe game ran perfectly for 53 minutes with no access code errors, so I decided to buy it, well the first thing I got was an access code error and cannot even play the game. Total waste of money for a game that was iffy to buy or not to buy. You would think that if an access code error was to occur it would do so during the 60 minute trial and not after you buy the game. Access code errors happen quite often with Big Fish games and I had my computer updated with everything BIg Fish game suggested.

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Jun 2, 10 3:54 PM
Trying to build up my posting score here, but still this game was awful and boring!! Like watching paint dry. Gonna go with a no buy here.

[Post New]by DrPatB on Jun 2, 10 4:08 PM
I didn't mind the dialogue, even though it moved too slow. I like games that you can advance the dialogue as you read it. There where no errors in running the games. I just want to know the ending now. I couldn't get paqss the 15 pc slider puzzle almost at the end.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jun 2, 10 4:44 PM
5 Minutes is too darn long for an opening scene. You should at least be able to click through the text if you're a fast reader! Why all the blank spaces in between the drawings during the opening sequence? They're unnecessary and make the opening sequence even---yaaawwwnnn---longer. I can tell by the other comments that people are bored and irritated before the game play even begins. An opening like this makes me realize that I'm wasting precious time out of my life by playing games and makes me want to go outside---NOT something that a gaming company wants their customers to think and feel!

I may get around to actually reviewing the game play if I can get over the opening sequence. I wish I'd gotten the beta of this game, because I'd have had some good suggestions for y'all to improve this game.

Edit: After playing for 14 minutes of actual game play (skipping all cut scenes except the introduction), this game is just terrible. A large portion of the hidden objects are hard to find not because they're cleverly hidden, but because they don't look like the object they're supposed to represent. For instance, the comb looked nothing like the comb. The hairpin wasn't even a hairpin, it was a needle! The only way to complete this game is to click randomly and use a lot of hints, which isn't any fun. The scenery is very dark, and there are very dark or very skinny objects hidden against the dark background so that you literally can't see them. It doesn't count as a hidden object if it's invisible!

19 minutes into the game, including the 5-minute introduction, and I'm done. This game is just bad, and I usually like historical games. Sometimes you really can tell by the introduction whether or not a game is going to be good or bad, and this one screams "Bad game! Don't buy!" from the very beginning.

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 5:06:05 PM PST

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Jun 2, 10 5:22 PM
I don't think it's a bad game..I enjoyed the story line, it was just a bit slow moving..might purchase at a later date..

Inquisitor is unplayably bad!

[Post New]by Boomph on Jun 2, 10 7:30 PM
I usually don't go out of my way to make these kind of comments, but I was so put off by this game I consider it a public service to say something. Inquisitor is the antithesis of a game, which implies 'fun'; it's more like a 'chore'. Slow cut scenes that you cannot fast-forward thru in case you read faster than a 5th grader. No action in those cut scenes. The sketches themselves were nice, but the artwork was dull and monotone sepia colors, like looking at coffee stains on a manilla envelope. The artwork in the H.O. scenes was grainy and irritating, maybe passable 5yrs ago, but far surpassed by the dazzling artwork in today's H.O. games. The text felt like I was reading a dry history book. After about 10mins of gameplay, I had no desire to continue; it was just too much work for too little payoff. Perhaps I didn't give the game enough time to reveal something more, but by then I just didn't care.

I don't remember the company that produced this game, but they must be the kind of people who consider pop quizzes fun. Bump it up a little! Try using some colors, some movement, something that makes people feel emotions! Fer heck sake, try to enterain us while telling us a story! Ask yourself if YOU would plonk down $7 for this game! Yuck!! I feel like I just had a mouth full of coffee grounds. Back to the drawing board for you lot!

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 7:32:54 PM PST

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

UGH.

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jun 2, 10 8:22 PM
This was just dreary...my first clue was the opening...the text was scrolled at a rate that was just agonizing for a normal, or even a very, VERY slow reader...and clicking did nothing...I discovered that you could skip and read things in real time in the journal, without waiting for the glacial crawling of the text, but it didn't help much.

The hairpin was NOT a hairpin, it was a needle. If you are going to have a HOG, best that you match the list to the actual items...better testing might have caught this error. Graphics were monotonous and monotone, murky and mislabeled. I think after three clicks you got the "random moving cursor punishment" which in this case, WAS punishment, because A) you are seeking gray murky objects against a gray murky background and because you have to click right PRECISELY on the center of the object...some things took several tries to pick up.

Hint to game developers...if I wanted to be reading, I would read an actual book, NOT be trying to play a game. Books are not games and vice versa...each is satiisfying but in different ways...DONT make me read piles of crap before the game starts, or during the game. I would have had much more fun reading a book than wading thru this. If you check randomly through the forums, you will notice that the highest rated games are those that require no lengthy set up...no stale and contrived plot points to flounder (pun intended, BigFish) through. The great games suck you in from the very beginning, without boring video of planes flying, boats sinking, blah blah blah. One of the best openings? Azada...your eyes open, open, open and bam! The doors open before you, and you're playing.

Finally...NO SKIP/NO BUY! I detest minis that are tedious, frustrating or just awful...as I found some on this game... let me skip it or I will not ever ever EVER buy it. I am as puzzled as some of the other responders about why folks would like this one. I am a history buff, too, but this was just...ugh.

Go to: