Tidal town SS replacement

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

Re:Tidal town SS replacement

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 2, 18 1:23 AM
At the moment, the main problem I have with this game is that it's not very interactive. There is nothing I can do to help me advance quicker. It is purely down to which (if any) building materials are returned on balloons. If I don't get stained glass, then that's it for another couple of hours.

Yes, I can make produce and sell them at the request board, so that I can buy more machines to make more produce and sell them at the request board, so that I can buy more machines...
But, that doesn't progress the game in the slightest, It just makes things more difficult.

Edited on 02/02/2018 at 1:47:32 AM PST

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Feb 2, 18 8:41 AM
If the DEVs are slow to upgrade and expand the game to the other formats and HOPEFULLY LINK the games across the other formats they will ruin this game even before it gets off the ground. If they weren’t ready they should have continued SS before releasing this one. Taking their time between updates seems to be the same they did with SS. Is it incompetence, laziness or are they just spread out too thin managing other games. Maybe just greedy to get those who which to buy pearls or the red sapphire jewels without rewarding the players with a complete game.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 2, 18 9:33 AM
You guys are playing a test version so how far you can go and what you can do is going to be limited. And as far as the waiting goes for tasks to be completed that is the main thing we did in Sunken Secrets too so it sounds about right. Remember it took three days for a dive to get amber for building and it was a frustrating struggle for quite a long time until they changed it, they want you to buy jewels to advance faster, that is how they make money.

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Feb 3, 18 12:24 AM
Lambina wrote:You guys are playing a test version so how far you can go and what you can do is going to be limited. And as far as the waiting goes for tasks to be completed that is the main thing we did in Sunken Secrets too so it sounds about right. Remember it took three days for a dive to get amber for building and it was a frustrating struggle for quite a long time until they changed it, they want you to buy jewels to advance faster, that is how they make money.

I realise it’s a test version and is likely to be limited, I am sure everyone does. However, as you point out a similar problem arose with SS. Many people complained about the long waits to be able to do certain things and eventually many players simply stopped playing as a result of Developers not appearing to listen to the numerous complaints. They eventually appeared to fix quite a few of the problems and made SS a more playable game.

The problem is the Developers do not seem to have learned anything from that experience. They have now abandoned a game without providing a satisfactory ending. They have released a test version of a ‘new’ game which lets face it is SS with different graphics and a few alterations and have not fixed the long wait to progress which put so many people off SS. I have sufficient coins to buy some items available but cannot do so because the happiness requirement cannot to obtained due to the balloon drops not supplying certain items and over supplying others to enable upgrade of buildings. There is no other way to get these items on a regular basis and to spend real money to buy gems to enable progress in a test game seems a silly option as developers have already shown they are prepared to drop a game before completion.

If developers really want a successful game then they need to actively listen to people that play the test version, amend the problems the previous, almost identical, game had and quickly release across all platforms. They also need to guarantee that any new area introduced have a satisfactory ending. I have been playing a different game for over 4 years and whenever something new is introduced it comes complete, there is never a ‘coming soon ‘ area and yes whilst it’s a free to play game I do spend real money. The developers for TT already have a blueprint for this game in SS so why not either abandon TT and modify SS or release TT as a completed game. I think it’s probably because they don't know how to complete it.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 3, 18 1:33 AM
I think the reason they stopped development on SS was because many of the problems could not be fixed probably due to the coding, problems such as being stuck with dead islands on our help/followers list, offensive player names that could not be removed, difficulty with activating help calls, and many people did not like the market raiding.

I wouldn't think that anyone would spend money on a test game, my point was that ftp games are designed to be slow moving to entice people into spending money to progress faster, I'm playing a game right now that has five lives and when I lose those lives it takes two hours to recharge unless I spend money to buy more and I'm sure not going to do that. So yes many people probably did quit because of the waiting, but many others didn't.

I have played two other ftp games that had coming soon areas that were never finished, and they were not the same devs, it's just how it goes with these games, and people keep on playing them.
Maybe when the full game is released it will be easier to get resources, like from Gregs market or from diving, probably the main thing was testing the stability for crashing, freezing or any other glitches.

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Feb 3, 18 2:32 AM
Lambing,

The problems you list as not being possible to fix like dead islands seems to be fixed in numerous other games I.e. if you can add friends you can delete them too. Offensive player names should be able to be blocked when being “created” by using a spell check (my game of 4 years has a way of checking the messages in the Chat facility and if the end of one word added to the beginning of the next is considered inappropriate it’s is replaced by *** so not too difficult to code for. As for market raiding that’s likely to happen in any game but it might be possible to put a maximum on what can be bought or set up a separate swap/sell area for friends which I have seen in one or two other games.

I am afraid that these Developers are making the same errors as before and it will probably end the same way. Sad really because the game has a great concept.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 3, 18 8:57 AM
Megamundo28 wrote:Lambing,

The problems you list as not being possible to fix like dead islands seems to be fixed in numerous other games I.e. if you can add friends you can delete them too. Offensive player names should be able to be blocked when being “created” by using a spell check (my game of 4 years has a way of checking the messages in the Chat facility and if the end of one word added to the beginning of the next is considered inappropriate it’s is replaced by *** so not too difficult to code for. As for market raiding that’s likely to happen in any game but it might be possible to put a maximum on what can be bought or set up a separate swap/sell area for friends which I have seen in one or two other games.

I am afraid that these Developers are making the same errors as before and it will probably end the same way. Sad really because the game has a great concept.

That is what I'm saying, maybe this new game is their way of fixing the problems because they couldn't do it in SS because of coding or maybe it was just easier to start over. And yes the new game may never be finished either, it is a free to play game and they don't come with guarantee's, or stellar development.

Edited on 02/03/2018 at 9:20:08 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 5, 18 1:29 AM
This is mainly for reference.
Well, I just hit the level 30 ceiling, with a Happiness of 2318. I need 2350 for the next area. Which basically means completing Sunny's House to level 2, for 100 Happiness, as there is no other way to earn it. I'm 5/11 through door/window upgrades.

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Feb 5, 18 7:22 PM
Congratulations TMGamer, Snowflakebunny and Slavic cooking on reaching the maximum level currently available in this test game. I must admit I am now getting bored with the super slow progress available. Have not had drops of rainbow stones for days now so cannot update houses, therefore cannot increase happiness so cannot extend the land areas, or buy machines available. Making items to complete board requests and balloons that are taking ever longer periods of time is not sufficiently entertaining and requires just a few minutes play every hour or so. I prefer a game that can occupy an hour or more of my time not just a few minutes.

SS had so much more to occupy a players time. I am now considering deleting. The developers in my opinion should not have released the game until they had far more ready. Too many ‘coming soon’ areas, too much reliance on amount of happiness. Need to have different return times on balloons rather than increasing the return time as it is currently. Player should be able to upgrade houses in the order they choose and need alternate ways of obtaining happiness points not just the upgrading of buildings. It’s possible this might be resolved once the diving area, market and whatever the other tent like structure might be.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 6, 18 8:18 AM
Meganmundo, I largely agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't think it was wrong to put it out for an open beta test, but your feelings about the gameplay are the same as mine.

This is only a test version, so I'm very happy to wait and see what the diver and the other things bring to it.

It's not the actual waiting I mind. In SS, we had to wait a long time for things to decurse and to finish the dive, but you knew at the end of it, we can progress. But, in TT, the decursing is largely irrelevant. All that matters is upgrading the houses. And to do that, we have to wait for balloons, which most of the time don't bring what you need. And there's nothing we can do. So we wait, are disappointed, don't progress, then we wait some more.

It does seem a rather bad trade deal we've agreed to. They get to specify exactly ehat they want, and we get what they decide to send us. Hmmph!

Even though it may not make much difference, I think it would be good to get Happiness for every window/door upgrade, rather than only getting it when they are all done. At least it would give the impression of making some progress.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Feb 6, 18 8:27 AM
Have to admit I've given up on it because of the waiting and the lack of choice in what is received in the ballons. And with no market and not being able to buy from friends, it's pretty pointless.

And the survey that pops up is far too soon. It needs to be on about level 15 so people have more experience in it.

It's a tedious game, so far.

[Post New]by Jackie283 on Feb 9, 18 12:16 PM
Hello, I'm accepting friends, my code is 26KBAAAA

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 9, 18 12:52 PM
Jackie283 wrote:Hello, I'm accepting friends, my code is 26KBAAAA

I've added you.

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Feb 12, 18 9:04 PM
Hello All TT players,

Has any tried the new download that shows you to delete friends? I am hesitant to try even though I do have a couple that have not played in a few weeks.

Mamacass14

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Feb 13, 18 12:43 AM
Hi mammacass14,

just downloaded the update you mentioned and have removed three people who have obviously stopped playing. All ok.

No other improvements that I can see at present.

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Feb 13, 18 8:45 AM
Megamundo28 wrote:Hi mammacass14,

just downloaded the update you mentioned and have removed three people who have obviously stopped playing. All ok.

Thank you Megamundo for the information. I will try it.
mamacass14

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 14, 18 10:53 AM
Megamundo28 wrote:Hi mammacass14,

They've also changed the graphics for the boxes that we rewards in.
They seem bigger now.
Now, whether that counts as an improvement, I'm not sure.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 14, 18 12:37 PM
Well done to SlavicCooking for having finished the town

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Feb 15, 18 4:17 AM
I just had a bird fly in and pirch on the bird house (which I don't think was there before).
When I clicked on it, it said to check back for special messages and gifts.

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Feb 15, 18 6:40 AM
I just had the same. It was definitely not there before and so far we do not seem to be able to send messages only receive them.

Maybe this is how developers can inform us of updates and game changes

Go to: