Casebook

Re:Casebook

[Post New]by linzi2008 on Oct 30, 08 10:57 AM
hiya can some1 help i am stuck in the refinery

[Post New]by fairystarr on Oct 30, 08 2:34 PM
It is kind of a hidden object game but it doesn't really tell you which thing to look for. I wasn't very pleased with the game after i waited all of that time for it to download. I did beat the game but the clues are so hard to find that you pretty much have to use the intuition for everyone. I will not be buying casebook 2.

Edited on 10/30/2008 at 2:41:03 PM PST

[Post New]by heatherms on Oct 31, 08 4:58 PM
Mine took along time to activate, but apart from that, ive enjoyed it!
Finished it now and sad there is only 5 crime scenes

Would like to play the second one but agree with whoever that it was too short!

luv heatherms

amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Oct 31, 08 6:29 PM
I can't play this game because of error message that says my computer requires a graphics card that supports DirectX9.0 or above & Shader Model 2.0. I've tried to find out where to find these to download but can't.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 31, 08 7:06 PM
amahaf2 wrote:I can't play this game because of error message that says my computer requires a graphics card that supports DirectX9.0 or above & Shader Model 2.0. I've tried to find out where to find these to download but can't.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Since the game attempts to install DirectX 9 I am guessing your hardware (graphics card) is not new enough to work with DirectX 9, like the error says, it does not support it. Without upgrading your computer I'm afraid you're out of luck if your card does not work with DirectX 9.

[Post New]by onebutrfli on Nov 1, 08 7:57 AM
I tried Guyww fix as well and it worked as far as the error message! I got to the name screen and got to type in my name but there was no where to click so I clicked below where you type (because that is typically where it is right?) and it locked up. So the fix DID work to fix the WIC error so props for that but there are still bugs on my end
Guess I'll just have to be a little more patient and wait until they get it all worked out!

[Post New]by silkykitty on Nov 1, 08 8:04 AM
I was (and am) a little annoyed that I can't seem to get this game going no matter what I do. I've gone through all the fixes that you guys posted and still nothing. BUT....... I received a response from my customer support email apologizing for the inconvenience. BFG sent a coupon for a free game and I am still able to get casebook when the new *fixed version* is offered.

I just wanted to post this to anyone who may be new to using BFG so they know that BFG *DOES* care about keeping their customers happy. I don't know of any other game website that offers games as low as 6.99 and are still interested in satisfying customers.

WTG

Big Problem

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Nov 1, 08 12:28 PM
I have beenh enjoyingthe game, playing with no problems, now all of a sudden I got to a certain scene in the van (don't want to say too much as might spoil for others) and it kind of collapsed, moving mjy mouse just gave a line full of arrows. Now I can only get back to a scene where I can take no more pics, and the van, where I have done al the evidence bit. Clearly I conmpleted this scene as have already seen the phone call and converdsation in the van. HELP!

hfulton13
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by hfulton13 on Nov 3, 08 5:50 AM
hi still cant get the game to work got the error message wic tryed to download it from microsoft and it said i have a newer version already downloaded the game again and still cant play it keep getting the same error message can someone help me please

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 3, 08 5:54 AM
hey hfulton13, its an error in the game, BFG and game developer are working to fix the game, till then, have to patient and enjoy other great games

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 5, 08 8:59 AM
Yay! My d/l kept crashing, so it's taken about 5 days to install, but I finally got to play some of it last night and it's a cool game! Not sure I've got a hang of putting evidence in the file yet, but we'll see!
I know people have asked, I am using Vista and had no problems once the d/l had gone through.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 5, 08 9:00 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
Wondering: the people who *can* run this, are you all on VIsta? I know prpldva is and she was the first who could play I think. I am on XP Home, Service Pack 3.

Here it is! Yes, I'm on Vista too.

JanneHelen
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by JanneHelen on Nov 5, 08 11:08 AM
YES! Finally I have installed the game, so now I know what I will be doing this weekend, because I have just finished Art of Murder FBI Confidential.

I'm on Windows XP, Service-pack 3. I followed the instructions from guyww, and deleted the files from windows\system 32 and run the wic-file.

Greetings from Norway

[Post New]by ralhul on Nov 6, 08 7:00 PM
I agree with this large download thing that can't be tried. I'm VERY dis satisfied with this game. I don't like "feeling" my way around and not knowing what to do or where to go. And besides that I can't find any tips on what to do next. I've gotten all the clues I can find in the bedroom and can't seem to go any further ! ! !

[Post New]by ralhul on Nov 6, 08 7:03 PM
I wrote the last message. This is a continuation. In the download this X thing came up, and then I got a window that said I couldn't play the game -- that maybe my gamecard needed to be upgraded. So, being a novice at this stuff, I downloaded the wrong software and it cost me a whole new hard drive, plus the loss of some materials that I really liked. No more largeload games for me ! ! ! DOUBLE

[Post New]by ralhul on Nov 6, 08 7:09 PM
From reading all the comments, it looks as though you all need to give us a free game just for the frustration and confusion of trying to download and play this (ahem) "game".

Mazdafan_626
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Mazdafan_626 on Nov 7, 08 8:31 PM
MagickUnicorns wrote:I really wish they would stop with these no trial games. I would never buy a game that I can't try first. I can never be sure if I'm going to like it and I can never be sure the game will actually work on my computer.

You can buy the lagre file games and if you don't like it go to the "live chat" button in your acont and tell them that "hey I just bought ***** Game it's a lagre file game and I really didn't like it" and they'll give you a free game cuopon, they've done that with me a few times I didn't like a game I bought.

[Post New]by vick36 on Nov 13, 08 6:45 AM
does anyone know when this will be fixed? I really want to play this game!!!!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 13, 08 10:17 AM
If you have purchased Casebook and are having troubles getting the game to run, please contact our Customer Support team. We do not know when we will receive an updated version of this game.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

[Post New]by Aitchy on Nov 18, 08 1:18 PM
bfgErie wrote:If you have purchased Casebook and are having troubles getting the game to run, please contact our Customer Support team. We do not know when we will receive an updated version of this game.

You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Edited on 11/19/2008 at 11:42:01 AM PST

Go to: