gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches in progress.

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 8:50 AM
I'm at 6pm Sunday. Suddenly the plot is revving up I was scared it was going to be like the candles but you do get hints from your diary and from what you find and clues in converstions and you weren't even allowed to go out so it was good as it was step by step but it's easy to miss a few things which I only found by accident and going back again to keep trying different things.

spoiler as to a couple of things I did

*Was hoping the map I found would be a transporter map but I guess that takes the fun of creeping around away. At least I have a lit lantern now for the evening. Nearly stopped my heart when I had to climb out the window was scared that was what I had to do and was right! *

sunshine I don't know if you are still at 2pm but here are a few things I did -

*-Opened the room with the stuck key in 3rd floor with the key from the safe - a couple of things to pick up there and make sure you click on one of the items you find

- In other room off it, remember to take the rope that fell after I cut it I didn't and only saw it when I was going back to recheck rooms. There is a couple of things you can do on the shelf you find

-Use rope and do something else at top of spiral stairs in back room at top of house (I think you have to discover the brick wall in bedroom corridor first)

-remember your dream, so keep going back and trying different things on that cabinet
*click at bottom and use knife on it*

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 9:29 AM
Don't read this unless you have played to Monday morning

*excuse me while I SCREAM not once but twice, when I left the exhibit inner room my heart jumped! Then the sounds spooked me out so a big wuss I know but muted the sound and still got scared when I saw someone move! I can't do all the scared smilies I want as they aren't whited out so don't want to do any spoilers. I feel I'm a character in one of those scary movies, you know the ones when you scream at them don't be stupid and go there but here you have to! Here it's twice, climbing out a window on your own when it's wet on an old rope and climbing into a furnace in the middle of a night!!!! It's actually the first game ever I've played that I've felt that way, actually get scared. It's like a good movie they know it's all in the anticipation never the revelation.*

BTW is it just me but what exactly did the cleaners do? Anyone else when looking around just hope to find a bucket of bleach so you can at least clean the toilet. The character must be stinking by now as there is no where for him to wash.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 14, 12 10:55 AM
gingergal...Thanks for your help one of your spoilers pushed me along and now I am at Monday morning.

Don't read until you get to Monday morning. I sort of knew what Saturday night was going to bring, but I didn't remember everything. I had a major jump out of my skin moment that freaked me out and a bit of panic when I thought I was trapped in the you know what. What a wonderful creepy atmosphere. Half the time while playing I feel like someone is standing directly behind me and I have a hard time shaking off the feeling.

Don't forget after the main game is finished you can play Last Visit. It is like a bonus chapter.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 11:20 AM
sunshine - Thanks for the tip on the bonus chapter, I remember seeing something but didn't know what it was. I haven't played anymore as had to do some work but want to play some more later.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 14, 12 11:29 AM
Hi Gingergal, Sunshine and Harlequen Haven't really had anytime today, just squeezed in an hour or so and only managed to get to 10a.m. ** I spoke to Jerry and opened the safe, got into the locked attic room where I found some bits. i spotted a rope and cut it, but it's on the floor and i can't pick it up. There's obviously something I've missed that will allow me to do it. I used the knife on the wall and tore the paper off, but I have nothing to knock it down with. I found an oiler and been round oiling everything that was stuck, but it says nothing I've tried it on needs oiling. I also have another key, which I was sure was for the locked desk in the Library, but it wasn't, can't find anywhere else to use it at the moment. Oh and i went in the Africa room and looked all over the cabinet with the tusks and got the bottom panel off. **

Now I'm stuck - I think I must have missed some important things, so I will come back and give it another think tomorrow,

Sunshine and Gingergal, you're steaming ahead - well done! Harlequen, glad you you got sorted for the wedding, but sorry the clock was more expensive, Hope you have a great time anyway.

LOL Gingergal - I really want to get those toilet's cleaned too and how is he managing without food and water - it is a big concern?

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 11:31:14 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 1:06 PM
g'mum I take you haven't heard any news re test results?

Yes food, I must try his diet of not eating or drinking lol.

Regarding *rope you need to walk to door and turn around if you are too close you can't pick it up. re oil you may want to do something with it that you said in your post! Forget about the exposed brick in the hallway you don't do anything with that (so far I haven't) it's just to let you know it's there. You need to explore elsewhere with the rope - completely different line of thought to get into the secret room.*

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 14, 12 3:00 PM
Hi Gingergal & thank you , love your helpful, yet still cryptic clues - guess i just need to keep thinking and looking and something will dawn on me. Too late tonight - I'm falling asleep, but will be here all guns / toilet brushes blazing, in the morning.

No, no results yet, but thank you so much for asking. it was like this last time with MRI/CT scans - we finally learnt from our GP in a routine visit, that there was a new problem. They are very good here with most things, but with scan results thay are not (except bone scans of course, when they tell you then and there.)

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 3:17 PM
g'mum - Well let's hope the good news will be soon!

See you tomorrow. My first post in this page has more clues re what to do with *rope* (the first part of the post the second is complete walkthrough spoilers) and the following is the complete spoiler re *oil* just in case you are still stuck - *re that cabinet thing in the artifact room at the bottom you use the knife on both sides of wheels, left and right then the oil on both as well.*

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 3:19:04 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 14, 12 4:39 PM
I'm finally here, and I see that You all are far ahead, I have read all the post, and had a good chuckle

I better get started before the night is gone, what put Me behind is all My animals, when I clean one place, they mess up another, these are going to be the last animals that I have, so I may get a break in 20 years

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 14, 12 5:33 PM
harlequen - I would say I know how you feel re animals but I only have one dog and that's enough but I wouldn't be without him. but feel like you do many times!

RE being behind, you will find you aren't as I was stuck at a'noon on Saturday then all of a sudden everything is fast - you'll know what I mean when you play, you'll be at sunday morning so quickly. And Sunday you get a lot of clues as to where to concentrate and what you remember where things are from before.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 14, 12 8:16 PM
I made it to Monday 11 AM, oh boy what a roller-coaster Ride

When I started I still had to look for ** Candles ** but had read Sunshinej's suggestions, and realized that I haven't looked in the ** drawers under the Mirror in the dining room ** after doing that, even there was nothing that I needed in there,** I called Jerry again ** and finally the conversation make Me moving Thanks Sunshinej

You are right Gingergal, what in the world are We doing at 1 AM in the ** Cellar ** and then ** crawling into that thing, I must say that I screamed too, and I'm glad that it wasn't My bedtime, with My heart raising like that, it would have been impossible to sleep ** glad that I could play for an hour more, heartbead is down now

Gingergal, re Animals, You know I love then to dead, and most of the time I don't think about the cleaning I'll do after them, it becomes routine, but after 2 full days of Carpet cleaning, and You think that the house is clean, then they are at it again, I have problems with the last 3 cat I got in as foster-care, I'm stuck with them, and they are the first cat that I ever had that Pee all over, They are all 3 black and looks like each other, it can be only one of them, but boy it's a lot of work, and I hate when things doesn't smell good, my house has to smell like a Flower, today I ordered 3 Scat-Mats for My Couch, It's going to zap them when they goes on it, I have been living to long with plastic on the couches, and they still Pee on them, have to get them to stay away.

Then I have My little 16 year old Dolly ( Yorkie) She can barely see nor hear, when I walk Her it takes Me an hour, She walk so slow and have to walk very far and smell everything, and I have to be very patient, She has very long hair so She need to be bathed once a week, but I love Her and hope that She's with Me some more Years

Now I almost wrote a book

GMum, I enjoy You funny comment after You play the game, thanks for the good laughs. Hope that Hubby's test are great, You and Your Hubby are in My prayer

Nighty

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 15, 12 3:56 AM
Harlequen...Sounds like you have your hands full with your animals. I bet they keep you really busy. All I have is 1 cat & 1 dog and that is enough for me. I don't think I can handle any more.

GMum...Thinking good thoughts for you & your husband.

It is Monday at noon for awhile now. So far I have been at the crypt did everything there, I think. The greenhouse did everything there. Found a box in the study still need to find the combonation. Still can't get into the church. I called the old retired policeman and learned some stuff. What to do, what to do?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 9:17 AM
Harlequen - That sounds a nightmare with your cats, I guess their first home they weren't taught or given a litter box which is a shame and now you have to put up with it. I know how hard it was puppy training and cleaning that carpet, now it's muddy paws! Yes the candles thing and at the beginning got to click on everything was the hardest part IMO so far although *using the rope that was more an accident I got that.*

sunshine - hi, I haven't played anymore so not there yet, going to play some more now.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 15, 12 10:15 AM
Whew!!!! Just had to stop and call in as I've been able to play for a good chunk of time today and I am now at 10a.m. Monday. Although I'm the last one to Monday I will still white out my comments as someone else may use this thread. ** Well I actually screamed - I knew i was going to have go down there, having been so relieved I had no lamp the night before - OMG this game is so scary - It's the whole atmosphere , the doors freak me out still when they click open. I've called Jerry a couple of times, lit a fire and done quite a bit outside. The crypt - Oh dear - now that was terifying. Anyway I'm now not sure what to do next but I've noticed i have the wire from the crypt - maybe I can pick a lock? There's 2 I can think of. I have quite a few tools, but not sure where to use them. **

Will have to stop soon and get dinner, but can probably squeeze in another half an hour.

Re - animals - I'm sure I've said before we have 3 dogs, 6 cats and numerous chickens and 3 cockerels. I've lost count as our hens love hatching eggs instead of letting us eat them. We have a 3 week old chick we are hand rearing because she (hoping) hatched 4 days after her siblings and got left for dead as she couldn't keep up. Anyway Harlequen, I really sympathise re the cats - ours are fine most of the time, but one , in particular, can be a beast and not use the litter tray.Then I have to scrub like mad to get rid of any smell.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 11:38 AM
Well this day is a change from yesterday as it's more tricky, it's taken me 2 hrs to not do much and am only 12pm or 1pm. Talk about having to do things in the right order!

general mild spoilers about order

*re phone call to bank you can't make until after you investigate the crypt. And still not sure if I've chosen the right combination (tried all of them)

greenhouse was the first thing (after trying the furnace but apparently day time is too easy for character and I thought it was lighter due to daytime) anyway greenhouse was first thing I did but don't as none of the drawers opened or clicking on anything did anything until later in the morning when there is a lot to do and it is tricky to see everything and you have to be positioned right.

Missed something at the crypt (stone) as I couldn't pick it up as cursor kept taking me back out of scene but eventually got it

And that's the third time I've gone to the attic to read a different newspaper could I not read them all at once lol
.*

g'mum -* If you realise you need light inside the crypt, which I only did once I picked up a stone and you have to do something with it you'd never dream of doing in real life - look up in crypt! It falls so you have to find and do it again *

hint 2 - *Then I thought of the old mirror thing so was hunting for one it's in the main bedroom (not in the drawer which I thought was one ) but beneath the big mirror there is a swivel mirror. That was tricky as it took me a while to realise you need to use a screwdriver on it and I couldn't see any screws! Then you combine the wire with that (another 5 mins gone lol) and use it in the crypt.*

sunshine - Re combination *I'm going to try something but first I need to go back to the secret room as there was a number on one of the block that or it could be a simple straight alphabet code re letters to numbers - name of dead baby? I didn't write it down and should have done! Could be so wrong lol and it's another phone number or number hidden somewhere and it's too early to open *

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 12:12 PM
sunshine re combination * It was that (yea)blocks in secret room spelling out kids name,it had numbers on them but I panicked for a minute as I misread a 9 for a 6! It was the 2nd combination to open the secret compartment that took a while trying all the combinations.*

I'm only at 1pm but got to stop to do some work, don't know if I can play more later as wanted to finish it for group play on Saturday but may be late to it but don't know how long there is yet.

edit -
sorry sunshine forgot to put the actual combination which is * 59097*

Edited on 11/15/2012 at 5:27:43 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 15, 12 5:22 PM
gingergal...Thanks I went back to look at the blocks and got the combination. Went to visit the church. Stopping for the night.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 15, 12 7:10 PM
YAY! I finished the game

I started at 7:30 tonight, had to work today, tried to post before starting the game, but had trouble with internet, so I went ahead and played, and now the internet is in order.

I must say that this was the scariest game I have ever played My heart is still beating, and hope that I can sleep tonight, I have to work tomorrow.

I did play "The last visit" too, that part wasn't too long, all together a very good game, really enjoyed it

Goodnight everyone, see You tomorrow

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 15, 12 7:23 PM
harlequen - way to go and congratulations on finishing the game and bonus chapter. That was quick. I've played another 2 hrs and I think I'm only at 4 or 5pm!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 15, 12 7:42 PM
Thank You Gingergal, looks like You don't have much left before You are done, sometimes the hours are taking so long, and suddenly You have done 3 hours, but I'll be congratulating You tomorrow evening

Nighty

Go to: