gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 4, 14 3:50 AM
BF, right from the beginning a lot of players claimed about the not falling coins for the morphing flowers and I sent reminders on this problem ! Furthermore even if the coins fall down they are not always added to my total amount and both happens more often then before !!!! Please FIX these problems immediately, because this is THEFT, don't you realise this ???????

[Post New]by elibrad on May 4, 14 7:47 PM
Lioula wrote:Hello again. My problem : WHEN I ENTER THE SPINNING/FORTUNE WHEEL ROOM THE GAME CRASHES TO THE DESKTOP

Is it only me having the problem with the spinning wheel room????

I have contacted Customer Service explaining the problem and I got a mail offering

me a free game coupon in case I do not want to continue TROUBLESHOOTING.

I answered that I do not want a free coupon but I want a solution to my problem.

I see in the forum that some eggs can be won on the spinning wheel.

So, if I cannot go in there (BECAUSE WHEN I ENTER THE ROOM THE GAME

CRASHES TO THE DESKTOP) I will never get any.

When is CS going to inform me about it?

So far, that seems to be the only problem I have with the game.

Will it affect my progress in the future levels of the game ???

I would appreciate a reply !!!

Goodnight

Lia

I am also locked out of the prize wheel...game crashes each time I attempt to enter this part of the game. And maybe somebody answered this already, but what the heck happened to the pet food?

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on May 4, 14 10:17 PM
So, I am not alone.

This problems occurs on both PCs I am playing the game (Laptop/Windows8 & Desktop/Windows7)

I have also noticed - I do not know if it is the same as "elibrad"'s - that every pet food costs 75 diamonds. It is very expensive.

Please let us know what to do.

Regards from Greece

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 5, 14 1:55 AM
Once again today I only managed to send out 3 out of 5 possible gifts to my friends. 2 just returned to my inventory without being sent nor give me a gift card and yet it deducts my daily quota. I'm loosing friendships over this, this is not cool. And I did in the hours I'm supposed to be able to send gifts (as opposed to the hours all 5 will be lost for nothing). Please do something about this and also please bring back my ability to use the 4th slot on my wish list - I need it. Thank you.

[Post New]by byatrobe on May 5, 14 9:03 AM
Started playing this game fairly recently. Currently on level 9, the oldest resident quest. Can't proceed any further because the broken carriage HOP is not giving the seal of courage despite having played the HOP several times over the past 4 days. Is there any alternative to getting the seal? The game gets boring when you can't progress further.

[Post New]by Mme_Minou on May 5, 14 9:07 AM
Hi! My name is ZaZou on the Midnight Castle. I reboot my PC and try to relunch the game,it<s start me at the begenning level 1, i was on level 21 before. Anybody can help me with this issue!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by empress2shakes on May 5, 14 9:30 AM
having several technical issues with the game since the last update. Even when I close out the game, it continues to run in the background on my lap top and when I try to play again, it tells me it is already running, so I have to shut down my computer and reboot to fix the problem, also froze up today and was missing the items and lists in HOS.. Again have to reboot computer.. This is getting beyond frustrating.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 5, 14 9:51 AM
empress2shakes wrote:having several technical issues with the game since the last update. Even when I close out the game, it continues to run in the background on my lap top and when I try to play again, it tells me it is already running, so I have to shut down my computer and reboot to fix the problem, also froze up today and was missing the items and lists in HOS.. Again have to reboot computer.. This is getting beyond frustrating.
Check out my post for the fix that worked for me.

Fixed issue of game not shutting after exiting...

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/279763.page

acerb
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by acerb on May 5, 14 12:39 PM
As much as I like this game, it is becoming somewhat tedious. I have been trying to get to level 22 for at least 2 months now, but each time I try and get the bits and pieces together some of the routes to get there are immense to say the least. The amount of items that you have to craft to get get the items are an impossible feat especially when you know that you have collected quite a few of the items required and you find that you have had to use so many of the same ones that you run out. For example: collecting the 'guns', once you have collected and used them, the next phase you find needs them as well, so you are back to square one and have to start collected the same items again and again, which brings me to my next gripe, in that I find that it goes through phases of when you 'believe that you have collected an item that it is not adding to the ones you already have, and it appears to be the same ones each time. For example: today, I know that I should have collected at least 6 'Immortal treasures' and I am still showing only 1 which I collected yesterday, the same goes for 'crystal of twilight', To be quite honest with you, I am getting extremely bored as there doesn't appear to be any way in that much progress can be attained.

A further issue is with the 'new quests' that appear under the timer. Unless you sit on the computer for a whole day some of them can't be completed because some of the items are required from the 'hidden objects' and as there is an hour between each time you can access them you find that you can't complete all of them in the allotted time given.

As with LynthePin below. I have the same issues daily. I find that I don't get at least two gifts back daily.

I know that it is futile writing these things down and sending them to you because you don't answer them, but it is better to vent than keep it bottled up. However, as I said at the beginning this game is becoming tedious in trying to complete the quests and seriously if things don't change then I am going to delete the game totally.

SO SO Frustrated

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on May 5, 14 12:57 PM
moxiemoll wrote:Have you tried following the path? There is info on the stategy guide that was compiled about how to get the items you need.
Here is the info:

Amerzone wrote:
I keep seeing threads from people saying that they are not getting the items that they need for quests.

Either I am incredibly lucky (not) or my system for getting items works because I always get what I need. I'm going to share it here but if anyone sees a flaw in my procedure, please point it out. thanks in advance.

You happen to know that the Ogre wants a Chimera Mask. You know that you have to play the barroom card players HOG to get parts for the winter idol to find the chimera. Do not got directly to the HOG and try to win those items. It will just be random.

Do this instead:

Click on the Ogre,
Under the Chimera Mask (or whatever item) click on GO TO.
Takes you to the Winter Idol (totem pole)
Click on the Winter Idol and see that you need
2 masks of virtue and 2 devil's gloves
Click on FIND under the Devil's gloves
This takes you to the barroom card player HOG
Click on it to play.
You receive the Devil's Glove when you are done.

Always go through the character icons/avatars to find the items you need. Even if I do this then see a flower and click on it before playing the HOG I will start over by clicking on the Ogre (or whatever character) and go through all the links.

So if you follow the character, to the request for the item and continue to follow the path, using FIND, Go to, it usually drops what you need. Check out the strategy guide, there is invaluable information there for players.

UTTER TOSH! Does not work - With the pirate and Took tasks, I try this every time, and always get the wrong item! So, don't spout this as if it were gospel, it is just rubbish.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 5, 14 2:12 PM
Agree with Chris...Find path doesn't work much at all. In my main game, it did up to a point, however I am finding (pun intended) that even on the early levels, in the second game on the same PC, the find path isn't working.

And it does appear that this thread is now just a Vent...

Edited on 05/05/2014 at 2:13:17 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 6, 14 3:20 AM
FYI

Re Wish List 4th Slot Problem

When I went into my game this morning I noticed that the 4th slot now had an object in it and so I removed all items from my wish list and then reinserted them and I was actually able put an item into the 4th slot again .

Please note ... There has been no update of the game.

The only things that have happened on my computer is that Windows Chkdsk was run yesterday because Windows BackUp skipped backing up my personal files because it said that my C drive was corrupted. After that my AVG PC TuneUp ran its maintenance programme during which it "cleaned up Windows and programmes" so there is a possibility that that maintenance might have sorted out whatever the problem was.

LeCramIII
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by LeCramIII on May 6, 14 3:38 AM
Hi all,

Below I'll summarize all problems I encountered so far. Some of them are already mentioned in previous posts.

Flowers: approximately 1 out of 10 times you get nothing when having collected 5 flowers.

Dice: I played for 400 coins(while only having about 650 coins) and it came up Deuce. No more money to try again, so I then exited the play, expecting to get my money back. But nothing happened! Goodbye 400 coins!

HOS: When entering a HOS, it sometimes happens that the only thing visible is the scene, without text and or/buttons. No way to exit the scene, so I have to eliminate the game via taskmanager and then restart it. And even then the same HOS "freezes". Solution(but still a work-around): go to another HOS first. This problem first appeared after I installed the latest update.

Server: I also got the problem with "connecting to the server", but that doesn't bother me that much. Usually the connecting is reastablished within a minute. But still I wonder why this happens several times a day.

Gifts: When sending a gift to a friend, it sometimes happens that you don't get a Thank You card. The program says that you helped a friend, but his or hers giftlist still stays visible.

I hope these problems will be fixed in future updates, because I really like this game! BTW, I'm running Windows 8.1.

So thanks in advance, BF.
Cheers!

Edited on 05/06/2014 at 3:46:02 AM PST

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on May 6, 14 5:20 AM
cherbtoo wrote:FYI

Re Wish List 4th Slot Problem

When I went into my game this morning I noticed that the 4th slot now had an object in it and so I removed all items from my wish list and then reinserted them and I was actually able put an item into the 4th slot again .

Please note ... There has been no update of the game.

The only things that have happened on my computer is that Windows Chkdsk was run yesterday because Windows BackUp skipped backing up my personal files because it said that my C drive was corrupted. After that my AVG PC TuneUp ran its maintenance programme during which it "cleaned up Windows and programmes" so there is a possibility that that maintenance might have sorted out whatever the problem was.

I too have received my 4th slot today(with some kind of pet food)!And I did not do anything at all with my computer or the game. It`s just appeared by itself. I don`t know how.. but they have fixed it!

seal of courage

[Post New]by Piscesgoddess77 on May 6, 14 6:55 AM
I have gotten to a quest where Pinfeathers sends me to get a seal of courage so I can talk to the oldest resident of the castle. I have searched the carriage a bunch of times and it wont give me the seal of courage. What should I do?

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

seal of courage

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on May 6, 14 4:16 PM
Piscesgoddess77 wrote:I have gotten to a quest where Pinfeathers sends me to get a seal of courage so I can talk to the oldest resident of the castle. I have searched the carriage a bunch of times and it wont give me the seal of courage. What should I do?
put it on your wishlist?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 6, 14 9:10 PM
On second game on PC...Sent a gift, didn't receive thank you card, and that person didn't show up as being helped, though my gift count went down by one, so I decided to try sending it again, just to see what happened. Showed two gifts of same item, flickering by, and again no thank you, and didn't show as helped, although gift count again went down.

A Zen Wolfen 259089

PS: Friends welcomed...need all of the help I can get to move along

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 1:42:19 PM PST

Smia
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Smia on May 7, 14 9:52 AM
Day 3 of Connection Issues

Game seems fine first thing in the morning, but when I try again throughout the day I'm usually unable to connect. When I do finally managed to connect I get failed to connect issues every few seconds and its very difficult to complete even 1 Hop

Tried a second user account, its not as bad on that one, but issue is still there

Does not seem to be an issue with my ISP as I can still connect to the internet.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 7, 14 11:12 AM
Smia wrote:Day 3 of Connection Issues

Game seems fine first thing in the morning, but when I try again throughout the day I'm usually unable to connect. When I do finally managed to connect I get failed to connect issues every few seconds and its very difficult to complete even 1 Hop

Tried a second user account, its not as bad on that one, but issue is still there

Does not seem to be an issue with my ISP as I can still connect to the internet.
I had the same issue months ago, it was a slow internet connection. I could only play really late at night. I could connect to the internet also but it was sometimes slow at loading pages. A good way to see if it is the server or a slow internet connection, is run a internet speed test. When I had problems the upload speed could not be done because it failed the test. The upload speed is more important than the download speed for the server based games.

[Post New]by mariatr on May 8, 14 3:00 AM
Hi from Greece.I just can`t get at the game at all. After the last update its just loading and then its gets me at the desktop. I have reinstall the game but nothing. Is there anything else that I can do???I can`t find out what`s the problem

Go to: