Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by ann_marry on May 20, 17 10:50 AM

Edited on 05/21/2017 at 10:24:29 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 11:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to post your experiences with the Android version of Midnight Castle. I just wanted to swing by real fast to assist as well as provide a reminder for players posting to the forums.

Lori_51, I'm sorry to hear that there was trouble getting in touch with our Support Team. Since it sounds you would like to ask for further assistance, I recommend using our forum linked below:

Submit a request

You can use the drop down menus to choose your issue and then provide details of the issue. Be sure to provide all the required fields (they'll be marked with a red star), and if you are able to do so, please also provide your Friend Code. It looks like you already know how to retrieve this Friend Code, but if other players are looking for how to retrieve that code, the following page contains the steps on how:

What is my Friend Code?

Our Reps should follow up as soon as they are able to. Thank you for your patience while waiting on them to get back in touch and while they work with you to resolve that issue.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 11:58 AM
I also wanted to quickly remind our players to do their best when posting to the forums to know and abide by our Forum Rules. I'd like to specifically note the following as a reminder:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Following these rules helps maintain a comfortable and accessible environment for players of all ages to discuss games with one another. Thank you for helping us maintain this environment.

Thank you all as well for your patience and time. Don't hesitate to contact any of our active Moderators with further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Game repeatedly restarts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on May 21, 17 10:46 PM
Today while playing MC, the game has restarted by itself four times and I have lost significant progress each time. Prior to each time I play MC, I completely clean and optimize my RCA tablet. This has also happened on a few other occasions, however, those times were minimal and only happened one time on each of those few days. This is very frustrating!

keweenaw
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by keweenaw on May 22, 17 5:09 AM
No update for my Kindle, it isn't available. Still waiting n.a.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 22, 17 3:40 PM
Hello Lestat195 and keweenaw,

Thank you both for taking the time to report your experiences while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there are two issues here with one being a question about possible upcoming updates and the other about a game that seems to be losing progress after the game seems to crash. We definitely want our players to be able to enjoy the game fully, and I wanted to swim by with some suggestions and clarifications as well as how to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team should more help be needed for lost progress or a technical or billing issue.

keweenaw, it sounds like there's a question about the most recent update. At this time, the most current update announced is available to download and install. For more information, the following announcement has those details:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - April 6, 2017

If you are still having trouble installing that update or after installing the update, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team using the steps below.

Lestat195, I'm sorry to hear that the game is losing progress and seems to restart or crash. We absolutely want players to be able to continue from where they last played from and I'd like to provide a way to reach our Support Team to help with that lost progress and possible troubleshooting for that issue.

For players who need additional assistance with an issue or are seeing missing progress, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with the Friend Code of the original progress if progress was lost, current Friend Code being seen, the model and type of device seeing the issue, as well as what version of operating system it is running. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to help out as best they can with the tools they have available.

Just in case, the following link has steps for retrieving a Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you both for your patience, and I hope this was able to help. Don't hesitate to contact any of our active Moderators with further questions. We're happy to help out.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 3:43:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Sharn2001 on May 24, 17 2:23 AM
Hi I have just updated my Samsung tablet and while I have no problems moving the program I do have a problem with my progress.

I have no intention of restarting again I would rather stop playing altogether.

I have looked at the Facebook setting and it tells me that although it is on privacy and won't paste to my timelime it has permission. Yet when I tell it to logon through the settings icon it tells me that it fails to connect.

So now I have two games. My original that I want on the old tablet with the ID a512433 and the the new tablet game with a new ID a853657. I can't seem to get Facebook to save my game progress like it did previously.

Can someone please help me and switch the progress over for me?
Otherwise I will just have to find another game and forget about it.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 24, 17 12:17 PM
Hello Sharn2001,

Before I begin, welcome to the forums! Thank you for taking the time to report this issue being experienced while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. We definitely don't want players to not be able to continue playing from where they last left off, and I wanted to provide how to reach out Support Team as they should be able to assist further with that lost progress.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with those two Friend Codes for the original as well as the new progress being seen on the new tablet. Also, be sure to describe what you are encountering, as our Reps may be able to assist with that Facebook issue. In any case, our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible to help out.

Just in case other players are encountering a similar issue, but are unsure where to find their Friend Code, I'm providing a helpful guide on how to retrieve that below:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps with transferring that progress. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 05/24/2017 at 12:17:58 PM PST

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on May 24, 17 2:55 PM
I am sorry all the apologies do not help the Android players who are having real problems with their games such as crashing, freezing, loss of progress, this has been going on since the Christmas event & yet you have done nothing to resolve the issue, had this have been a problem on iPad or PC something would have been done by now due to the number of players on those forums. It is simply not good enough.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 24, 17 4:54 PM
Hello Gemmam77,

It totally makes sense to be concerned that previously reported issues don't seem to have been addressed yet. Some of our Android players are experiencing trouble with the game crashing, and as previously stated by the Forum Moderation Team, the appropriate teams are actively investigating this issue some players are experiencing. It might also help to contact our Support Team as it's possible that there are some steps to try to resolve the issue.

I took the liberty of contacting the Support Team to see if this has been reported and I have been told that one of our Reps was able to get back in touch with a recent request about this very issue. If the steps they provided hasn't resolved the crashing, I highly recommend replying directly to that message so that our Reps can follow up. They will be sure to reply as soon as they can, and, if the issue persists, they'll be sure to provide your information to the right teams for their investigation.

I'd also like to clarify what is being done since there seems to be some confusion and concern about that. Sometimes, it can take a long period of time to ensure that fixes and developments made for a game are able to address the reported issues. The teams behind the game work really hard to make the game as fun and accessible as possible for the widest variety of players across a large multitude of device models and operating system versions and this can take substantial time, especially since those teams are also developing new content for those other platforms too.

That means that while we definitely understand the frustration about a specific issue taking longer to resolve than others, I want to assure you that it is still being investigated. Even if it has been a while since the latest announcement about a reported issue, that doesn't mean the issue has been forgotten or isn't being looked into. It just might mean that the teams need more time to investigate the trouble and ensure that the core issue to be addressed has been found.

I hope that helps clarify why there hasn't been an announcement regarding that specific issue and also how to continue receiving help and assist the teams investigating that issue. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on May 25, 17 12:35 PM
Thank you bfgllinalta for taking the time to actually ask & follow up what's happening, the support team do send a few diamonds as compensation but it doesn't replace the time, effort & inventory loss that I & many others who do not bother to contact you have experienced since the Christmas update.
I look forward to a time when we can all play without the fear of crashing & losses.
Once again thank you for your help.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 28, 17 3:55 PM
Hello again Gemmam77,

Thanks for the kind words. I definitely understand that those in-game items are sometimes unable to replace the time and effort players have put into a game. We definitely don't want players to have to worry about a loss of progress, which players provide time and effort to achieve. I hope that the teams behind the game are able to find what might be causing that issue and help affected players soon.

As soon as more information is provided to the Forum Moderation Team, a moderator will be certain to announce any changes made to the game or provide an announcement detailing what was found. Hopefully, an upcoming update will be issued to resolve this issue some players are experiencing, and I wish you happy gaming besides.

Thank you everyone for your patience and support. If players have further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

retired94
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by retired94 on May 29, 17 12:15 PM
Today I played all puzzles - winning ALL 4 TWICE. With the items I won I was able to complete 3 character quest. Just as I started a DQ the Kindle "shut down" -NOT SAYING ANYTHING? . This is happening about once a day. Please help as it is hard enough doing puzzles, DQ and character without losing everything. My ID is A838904. Thank you. I did try to go to tech support but it say site was closed. Maybe I did it wrong.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 30, 17 9:00 AM
Hi retired94,

I'm sorry that your progress continues to be lost when your Kindle shuts down. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot this issue from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team HERE. Please provide them details of the issue along with your player ID. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

If you continue to have trouble getting in touch with the Support Team, please either PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We want to help get things up and running along with your progress to where it should be.

bfgBellerophon

susiepuma
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by susiepuma on Jun 4, 17 10:47 AM
I tried to purchase some diamonds today on my Samsung tablet.....no matter which amount I clicked on, I got a message saying purchased failed...tried the coins & got same message. I didn't get further towards buying diamonds than clicking on amount wanted.....what's up with this?
This is just another issue I have been experiencing since middle of Spring Event.....every time I tried to open friends Spring Terrace room, it seemed to take forever and then when it did open, up to a minute or more was already showing on timer.
Now it takes forever for game to open from cloud. This is crazy.

Does Midnight Castle hate Androids?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 4, 17 5:05 PM
Hello susiepuma,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that there has been some trouble making purchases when trying to play the Android version of Midnight Castle. In this case, since there seems to be some trouble with in-game purchases, I'm going to request getting in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team as they have the tools to look into this issue further with you.

Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code, the type and model of device you are seeing this trouble on, as well as the version of operating system that is running on it. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it's helpful, the following page can help players able to access the game to retrieve a Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope our Reps are able to get back in touch soon to help with that purchasing issue. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

susiepuma
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by susiepuma on Jun 5, 17 1:22 PM
Thanks for response......I am at home right now & decided to try again to purchase some diamonds......got a failure notice but tried again...this time purchase went to Google store so guess it works when I am home but not if I am using my WiFi hot spot to play game.....another one of those strange mysteries of cyber whatever. ...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 5, 17 3:50 PM
Hello again susiepuma,

Thank you for letting us know what you are experiencing and for following up. If you'd like further assistance with that, our Midnight Castle Support Team may be able to help further, especially if a Friend Code is provided. I'm not certain why the device is not allowing purchases under specific situations like that, but our Reps may be able to provide further insight into this or provide some troubleshooting steps that can help ascertain why that is happening.

Thank you for your patience, and I'm glad to hear that the issue does seem to have a workaround for now. Don't hesitate to contact our Support Team if there is trouble with your purchases. We definitely want you to get what you've bought and they have the tools to assist with any missing purchases on an account. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jun 11, 17 2:37 AM
I am still having problems with game crashing I have done all the resolves several times the support team said I have to wait for the next update this is only occurring on my kindle 5th generation my old kindle 7I have no problems with I got new kindle as it would not update on old now I have found out it has so I am a bit annoyed as I need not have bought a new kindle has anyone else had the same problem regards chris

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 11, 17 5:17 PM
Hello Kimball321,

Thanks for taking the time to provide that update. It sounds like our Support Team has needed to provide the information provided to them to the right teams for further investigation and that an update would be necessary to resolve the issue being seen. I hope that update comes soon and want to thank you for your patience while waiting for that to be resolved by the appropriate teams.

I absolutely understand feeling frustrated about what has happened, and I hope that the issue that you are seeing with your game is resolved sooner rather than later. As soon as the Forum Moderation Team is provided details and information about updates for the Android version of the game, we'll be certain to update the following announcement with those details:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - April 6, 2017

Thanks for your patience while waiting for the teams behind the game to investigate that issue. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: