bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Aveyond: The Lost Orb technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 15, 10 2:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 02/15/2010 at 9:59:11 AM PST

Re:Aveyond: The Lost Orb technical issues

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Feb 15, 10 2:53 AM
Hi everyone, this is Shaz from Amaranth Games.

I wanted to give you all a heads-up on a small change in this chapter that might confuse you at the beginning.

If you played Gates of Night and saved your game at the end in preparation for The Lost Orb, you won't be able to load it via the Load Game option on the menu.

This time around, and for all future chapters, you need to choose New Game. It will detect that you have a saved game from the previous chapter, and ask you if you want to load that one. Just choose Yes, and it'll let you choose your Gates of Night end game.

While we made this change to overcome a serious bug, it has one very nice advantage - you can now have multiple ending games from Gates of Night (for those who wanted a save with Edward engaged to each girl), and up to 7 in-progress games for The Lost Orb, without having to worry about your TLO saves overwriting your GoN saves. This means you can start as many games as you like, all based on the same GoN game, without ever being concerned about losing it.

We hope you all enjoy The Lost Orb. We had a wonderful time making it, and the testers agree that it's the best one yet

Edited on 02/15/2010 at 2:55:33 AM PST

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Feb 15, 10 8:07 AM
I keep getting and error message that says it can't open directx audio. I have the most current version of directx, so I don't know what the problem is.

[Post New]by amaranth520 on Feb 15, 10 9:21 AM
There could be a bug in the version of directX you have. You might want to check if there is a recent bug update available.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Feb 15, 10 9:58 AM
It's good to see the new Aveyond is out. However, I did not finish Lord of Twilight or Gates of Night. I'm gonna finish them one day. I wanna see what happens in The Lost Orb.

[Post New]by amaranth520 on Feb 15, 10 10:42 AM
There's no need to finish the earlier games, if you don't want to. You can start a new game with TLO. TLO plays like a standalone game.

Edited on 02/15/2010 at 10:43:25 AM PST

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Feb 15, 10 11:15 AM
YEA - I, too, have not finished the previous game. Happy this is stand alone. I love these games but I'm not so in love to play several different endings. Much less adding the next game and exponentially creating more games ... I love the adventure and exploring ... Thanks all for getting this game out. I cannot wait!

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 15, 10 11:26 AM
All Aveyond games are standalones. You'll just get more story and/or carryover items/benefits etc if you play the previous Orbs of Magic game.

[Post New]by brainybetty2009 on Feb 15, 10 7:36 PM
The creatures seem to be attacking 2 or 3 times before Mel can attack once. Is this supposed to be the way it works? It's different from all the other Aveyonds I have played...

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Feb 15, 10 8:20 PM
Each monster and character get one action each per battle turn. So if Mel is up against two wolves, say, it's quite normal if both wolves attack Mel before Mel's turn is up.

[Post New]by gammee on Feb 16, 10 11:32 AM
i am at the rock climbing training and every time i get to the 4th level i get hit, i have tried everything i can think of i even had someone else try, mel just stops and gets hit even when she has 3 seconds to move out of the way, it there a glitch or what am i doing wrong forgot to say it is the exact same spot that she gets hit

Edited on 02/16/2010 at 11:35:28 AM PST

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Feb 16, 10 11:50 AM
When you get to that level, climb up onto the cliff face while the boulder is still to the right. When it passes under you to the left, quickly climb down and run right.

This puzzle is MUCH easier to do using the keyboard - I suspect her "waiting 3 seconds then getting hit" might happen if you use the mouse and click on the other side of the boulder - she can't go there because there's something in the way.

I believe some people also save their game often during this puzzle, so if they DO get hit, they don't have to start right at the bottom again.

Edited on 02/16/2010 at 11:51:05 AM PST

semcrae
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by semcrae on Feb 16, 10 11:25 PM
What city did you go to for the training? ( I am at where you need to climb, but never saw anywhere to train.)

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Feb 17, 10 12:25 AM
Shoal Leiu. You access it from the Granite Mountains, so just keep going past those areas that you'll be able to climb. The village isn't far away.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 18, 10 8:22 AM
Truth Serum
Just an FYI:
The recipe for Truth Serum was changed in one of the later builds, but isn't in the build BFG has for you right now. When BFG updates the game (soon), you will be able to make the serum, and won't need to restart to do so.

We apologize for this bug.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 8:23:36 AM PST

venus27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by venus27 on Feb 19, 10 4:26 AM
When will the truth serum bug be fixed?

[Post New]by Spotiesia7 on Feb 19, 10 5:52 AM
it keeps saying that it has failed to open the directx audio something or other, then the game window sort of goes on then off then on then off again, then the bigfishgames gameclient opens up saying i still have 60 minutes left

grrr i want the game to work D:<

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Feb 19, 10 4:22 PM
Spotiesia7, can you contact Customer Support about that one? I suspect they've run across it before with other games as well, and could probably guide you in fixing it.

I believe if you're a game club member you can use the chat to talk to someone, otherwise look for the green envelope in the column on the right. I've always found them pretty fast to respond (within 24 hours), and very helpful.

I want your game to work too

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 4:24:06 PM PST

[Post New]by mgckhpns on Feb 20, 10 7:06 PM
I had this problem with the previous game as well.... I download the game but when I try to play the game I get the error message saying "RGSS player has stopped working" I have seen in a lot of posts that others are having this issue. Is there a fix.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Feb 21, 10 5:02 AM
Venus27, we are sending an update to BFG in a couple/few days, so it shouldn't be long.

Go to: