Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

An Important Discovery Regarding Ingredients

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 11, 16 7:48 PM
There's been quite a bit of hardship with the ingredients and maxing out the equipped artifacts. I've spent many, many hours replaying the game and actually counting the number of each ingredient available, how many of each ingredient is required to build everything and max them out, and where the dog gone things are located (levels only - I'm not a total nut case ).

However, I made a discovery while putzing around and I don't know if anyone is aware if it. It certainly took me by surprise. I'll try to explain it clearly (my problem, not yours).

If you're playing a level and receive ingredients (a feather, rope, bronze and glass, for example), then you notice right before the level finishes you forgot a chest or a trade. The level finishes and you click "replay". You just lost all the ingredients you received and you won't get them back. They are permanently gone. You will pick up the one you missed, but the others are all bye-bye.

So DO NOT replay the game right after you finish it. This is really bad coding by the programmers.

The best thing to do is to select replay from the menu BEFORE you finish the level. Then everything will be fine and you won't lose anything. You won't lose your single use potions even. They will remain there for the next play. Just do it before the level finishes. If that is not possible, then wait a bit and then go back a replay the level as a finished level. You won't lose anything that way.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited on 07/14/2016 at 3:05:46 AM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:An Important Discovery Regarding Ingredients

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 12, 16 7:34 AM
Wow. Thanks Hespera. That is bad coding. I can't remember if I did that or not, but that may be where my missing piece went. So that means I may be wasting my time replaying with same profile searching for the missing bronze.

Edited on 07/12/2016 at 7:38:13 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 12, 16 8:46 AM
Yeah, it may be what happened to a lot of people without them realizing it.

I started playing levels, looking at ingredients, then checking the back pack, just to see if it was keeping track of trades and chest items.

Then I missed something and used the replay button right away and that's when I discovered the problem. The items I logged for the level vaporized and never returned.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 12, 16 12:23 PM
Hespera, if you don't mind you can save me a lot of trouble. Your list of places to find bronze stopped at level 30. Does that mean that there are none past 30 or had you just not played that far yet. I researched all the levels you listed and did find one that I had missed. I had been thinking I would replay starting at 31 but don't want to waste my time. Thanks for all the help you have given everyone on this forum. It's appreciated.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 13, 16 9:41 AM
I finally got the other levels re-played. The other levels with Bronze are:

33, B11, 36, 39, and B13. B11 and B36 each have 2 pieces. B36 has 3 pieces.

Level 45 has no ingredients. There is no bronze in the bonus levels. I replayed them, but didn't count all the ingredients.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 13, 16 9:44 AM
Also, I've logged a support call with the publisher about this issue, (where I purchased the game) as I think it's an important factor, especially since there is just enough bronze to max out all of the artifacts and get the achievement.

Edited on 07/13/2016 at 9:45:12 AM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 13, 16 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the help. I have now replayed all those levels and am still missing one piece. Guess I fell into the trap. I will eventually replay. Unfortunately I spent time getting the thousands of items for one level. Don't know if I have the heart to do it again with a different profile.

Go to: