bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 16, 10 12:05 AM
As summer arrives, English private detective Carol Reed is asked by a neighbor to look into the discovery of a dead body that mysteriously disappears. Carol must discover Hidden Objects and interview suspects and helpful residents to get to the bottom of this stranger’s death. What starts as a routine investigation quickly becomes something more as Carol uncovers broken alliances and a cult long thought to be inactive in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 16, 10 12:11 AM
Yea!!!! It's finally here!!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 16, 10 12:59 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game! Another great Carol Reed mystery!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 16, 10 1:35 AM
Was *very* pleased to see this had a trial. The other 2 Carol Reeds I tried just would not run on my system. Spent time with tech support and all but just couldn't figure out why. Well pleased to report this one does run and while I'd promised to not buy more Old School Large File Adventure until I completed those sitting on my desktop I can see why these games have a devoted fan base. Something very charming going on here with the real people with lovely accents and the photos filtered to look a little like paintings.

I can't play more tonite but I suspect this one will be a buy for me.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 16, 10 1:45 AM
Yes I agree, I got fed up with buying LF games and them found them very dreary but this is quite clear and the instructions are easy to follow, mind you I will also have to use a walkthrough as I would have been totally lost even at the start with out it. and missed a few little bits, still having a small problem when in an area trying to find the way out but am sure I will get there Yes it is a buy for me, I can leave the Opera for another night that is getting too too stressful. Love the voices.

Cherrs all

lineck

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Feb 16, 10 1:46 AM
oh dear - im not going to be popular!

I thought this game was awful, bad story, bad music - just hated everything!
I had to switch it off after 5 minutes as it was just driving me mad!
Definately not going to be buying this game.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Feb 16, 10 2:53 AM
Yay, I love the Carol Reed mysteries....

I am not going to bother with the demo, just buy the game....

altomedea
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by altomedea on Feb 16, 10 3:02 AM
Didn't like the game at all.
The music is durge like and the gameplay too simplistic. As for the voice acting.... well the ppl who like the accents are most probably not English. The main character speaks as if she is reading a recipe and is without emotion and connection with what she is saying. I loved the colours and the graphics in general but it didn't flow. Thank heavens there was a demo!

Edited on 02/16/2010 at 3:03:05 AM PST

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Feb 16, 10 5:16 AM
I am sooooo happy!!!

Will be back after work, left a place on my punch card for it!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 16, 10 6:17 AM
Very pleased to see a demo for this one. I bought Color of Murder at the weekend in the Sale and tried it last night and got very, very, very stuck!!! I think I will be partaking of the Carol Reed walkthroughs later today. I have noticed that more LFG demos do seem to be coming available, which is a real bonus for me. I don't mind paying $2.99 or getting one for the sale price, but $6.99 for something that I might not like (and I am not a huge fan of plenty of LFGs) is too much - I think I have been spoilt by the number of excellent games I have bought for such an amazing price!

Will be trying this out later this afternoon - Tuesday is the only day I don't work and it's half term holidays here in the UK and the kids are staying with their grandparents so I can game all day long Happy, happy day.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Feb 16, 10 6:38 AM
Pardon me, but being relatively new to the pond, but reading many many comments in the forums before I demo or purchase games over the past few months, I have what may seem a silly question.....what is LFG? Also, what are the other Carol Reed Mysteries that I might investigate?

There are so many abbreviations, I wish Big Fish would publish a glossary. IHOG, HOG, on and on for us newbies (I have figured those out lol).

I appreciate the help I've received from the fine fishies in the pond. Everyone has been so nice.

sew_what
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by sew_what on Feb 16, 10 7:06 AM
WELCOME Indy70

LFG= Large file game
Not sure about other Carol Reed though, I may go search

If you go to the Chit-Chat Corner there is a locked Welcome post on the top that can direct you to a list of common abbreviations. I'm sorry, but we can't do direct links here.
Hope that helps!

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Feb 16, 10 7:17 AM
I've played The Color of Murder, East Side Story, and Time Stand Still and I've enjoyed them all. I'm really excited about Black Circle...LOL

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 16, 10 7:35 AM
These are lovely games, and I always look forward to spending time with Carol in Sweden on another interesting adventure.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 16, 10 7:36 AM
This game is terribly confusing. I don't understand it at all. Perhaps because I'm old? The music is awful and the main character sounds like a drone. The scenery is great but I have no idea what I'm doing. Have found nothing so far and looks like I won't find anything.
These games must not be for me. I am barely into the demo and I quit already.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Feb 16, 10 7:46 AM
Thanks so very much for the info. The pond is certainly filled with friendly and sweet fishes.

I shall write down the names of the other Carol Reed mysteries and hurry over to the Chit Chat corner for other general info on abbreviations, etc.

Again....you have no idea what it means to us new fishies to be treated so nicely as we try to swim in the right direction. I hope that at some point when I learn my way around a bit, that I can be as informative and polite to others as you have been to me.

My appreciation.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Feb 16, 10 8:05 AM
I didnt quite get into this game. I got lost and confused very easily during the trial.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 16, 10 8:07 AM
I will be buying this game. As for the music a few of you hate, go to options and turn it down so you don't hear it. I found the time I played interesting.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 16, 10 8:10 AM
Indy70 wrote:Thanks so very much for the info. The pond is certainly filled with friendly and sweet fishes.

I shall write down the names of the other Carol Reed mysteries and hurry over to the Chit Chat corner for other general info on abbreviations, etc.

Again....you have no idea what it means to us new fishies to be treated so nicely as we try to swim in the right direction. I hope that at some point when I learn my way around a bit, that I can be as informative and polite to others as you have been to me.

My appreciation.

Welcome Indy, you'll be a 'pro' in no time. Have fun.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 16, 10 8:33 AM
SOOOOOOO HAPPY that BF has a demo on this....

BFG is trying to get more of me money..lol..lol..lol Already have "1" FULL Punch card this month.
I guess i may have "2'.

Happy gaming
PEN

Go to: