Re:????? OTHER GREAT GAMES LIKE AVEYOND ?????

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Feb 16, 10 10:48 AM
In addition to those listed above, I also very much enjoyed A Hero's Tale, Eternal Twilight, and Deadly Sin....all available on the Amaranth website (but I have to agree with the assessment of Eternal Eden being the best RPG in this genre). John Wizard's website also has Dawn's Light A Christmas Tale available for FREE, and it was a very fun little game.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 16, 10 1:26 PM
Are there any other really good RPGs right here on ? I know there was one people liked besides Aveyond (Millennium: A New Hope), but other than these?

As for RPGs in general, Ys Eternal is still my all-time favorite Ys originally came out for the TurboGrafx on CD years ago (yeaaaaars ago), and a PC (extended) version came out later. VERY good!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 16, 10 6:41 PM
Do a google search for ys eternal and click on the second link, titled RPGFan Reviews - Ys Eternal. If you're interested, I'll contact my brother and see where he got it. Just shoot me a PM

[Post New]by songsmith2003 on Feb 17, 10 8:25 AM
QUINTESSENCE (available from the Amaranth site) is an excellent game, though it has far more dialog and story, so people who hate reading should probably skip. It has won several indie RPG awards.

My favorite Aveyond game was Ean's quest.

Vacant Sky looks really good. My daughter recently started playing it.

Sadly, I am not enjoying the new Avenyond series as much. I'm not sure if it's because my play has been broken up or because so many newer RPGmaker games have come out that present strong competition.

If anyone can get their hands on an Ultima compilation, I heartedly recommend the entire series. The disk that contains all the games also has a program that allows them to run on Windows.

I love CRPGs. Unfortunately, console games and 1st person shooters seem to have killed the genre for the PC. Titles like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout and Elder Scrolls (Morrowind/Oblivion) are still out there, though, and well worth playing if you enjoy long games.

I do want to mention one to definitely stay clear of since it was recommended on a similar thread in either the Twilight or Night forum. Do NOT under any circumstances purchase "Whisper of a Rose."

WoR was a fine game and full of promise...until you hit a fatal bug that prevented completion of the game. The developer (Rose Portal Games) promised for months that he was working on a fix. HE LIED. He has since (back in October) taken down his forum (where he made the promises and people pointed out he had failed to live up to them since July). He supposedly stopped selling the game, but it's possible some sites may still be offering it.

The fatal bug isn't the worst part. No, the worst part is that the developer accepted money for a game that was in no way complete and disappeared with everyone's money. You can do an internet search for Whisper of a Rose if you want to read more info.

This was the only downside I'v e had to purchasing indie games. Most developers (like Amanda from Amaranth and the people at Avonlea) are great and professional as it comes. I only mention this one game because, as I stated, someone else recommended it here on another forum.

[Post New]by Mistress_Hazelle on Feb 20, 10 1:18 PM
I can't wait for the next Aveyond game!

[Post New]by VeggieCoral on Feb 21, 10 11:35 AM
Try Laxius Force

Its a really long game with tons of quests
Plus theres a Laxius force 2 as well.

[Post New]by Cameo48 on Feb 21, 10 7:01 PM
Thank you for the other suggestions

Make sure to play all other Aveyond games!

swirly
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by swirly on Feb 22, 10 1:17 AM
VeggieCoral wrote: Try Laxius Force

Its a really long game with tons of quests
Plus theres a Laxius force 2 as well.

Yes, highly reccommended! I LOVED Laxius Force, and if you enjoyed that you may also enjoy 3 Stars of Destiny, which involves some of the same characters. (I think that one's harder, though...)

Dysgal
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by Dysgal on Feb 23, 10 2:13 AM
BFG has just released Millennium 2!!!

I'm so glad RPGs are starting to get more attention around here!

Chipsbox1
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Chipsbox1 on Feb 24, 10 4:20 PM
Yes Millennium 2 is amazing!

robbm
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by robbm on Feb 26, 10 2:44 AM
I am a big fan of RPG's and have played all the Aveyond games and love them. But the games from Aldorlea in my opinion are fantastic and slightly better because of the superb, beautiful visuals,amazing music and quality and length of gameplay. They really are very cool RPG's.

My favourites included

Millenium 1 A New Hope
Millenium 2 Take me Higher
3 Stars of Destiny
Laxius Force 1
Laxius Force 2
Asguaard

And there are two new exciting games coming soon, both with visible encounters,

Dreamscape
Ella's Hope

Other RPG's that I have enjoyed incuded Eternal Eden, Eternal Twilight, Dark Souls 1 & 2. There are many more on my list to play.

Happy Gaming everyone.

Edited on 02/26/2010 at 2:45:00 AM PST

[Post New]by AveyondBigFan on Mar 3, 10 3:00 AM
RosePrincesse wrote:Aveyond is a lot better in my opinion

Sales on Big Fish Games prove its success

I agree with you!

Aveyond rocks! Best game ever made To me this game will never be surpassed.

If you want another must-play RPG game then you should go with a great one like Dawn Light or Eternal Eden.

Edited on 03/03/2010 at 3:39:17 AM PST

debhi
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by debhi on Mar 16, 10 5:55 AM
The 1st 2 Aveyond games were great. But the 3rd in my opinion was boring. Did not like it. Its like the thrill and suspense has disappeared.

I love the RPG's that are produced by the Aldorlea Production team. The Laxius Force series and the Millenium series are fantastic in both graphics, story line and replay value. Your dollar goes along way with Aldorlea games. You have so much to hunt for and you really become involved with each character. Great customer service there and excellent help on game questions.

Dysgal
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by Dysgal on Mar 22, 10 10:49 AM
Just to let everyone know, Aldorlea has already released Dreamscape!!!

The game is very captivating. You don't collect many restorative items, instead you use them when you find and touch them - however don't be afraid, there are plenty scattered around! In a way the whole game is a giant maze that you need to sort. Monsters are visible and there's even a very nifty auto-save!

Make sure you try it! You won't be disappointed!

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Apr 2, 10 11:47 AM
Can anyone tell me if Laxuis Force has a guide that you can buy also? And the site I want to get it on dont say.Also which site is best to buy it.I spent my free hour in the same place that I started and could never defeat a guy standing in a door Im almost sure I covered ever other place in there.So before I buy need to have a guide to tell me what I am doing wrong.ths to anyone who can help me.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,076 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 2, 10 2:34 PM
To get help with Laxius Force it's probably best to go to the aldorlea forum. People there know everything about this game.

Starblader
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Starblader on Dec 19, 10 2:32 PM
Vastar is another good game like Aveyond. It has the same style of playing with about the same kind of characters

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jul 8, 13 10:43 PM
AveyondBigFan wrote:
RosePrincesse wrote:Aveyond is a lot better in my opinion

Sales on Big Fish Games prove its success

I agree with you!

Aveyond rocks! Best game ever made To me this game will never be surpassed.

If you want another must-play RPG game then you should go with a great one like Dawn Light or Eternal Eden.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Aveyond fan on BFG!
I can't wait for Aveyond 4 !!!

Edited on 07/08/2013 at 10:45:34 PM PST

Go to: