bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 16, 10 1:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 02/16/2010 at 1:21:42 AM PST

ldocd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery technical issues

[Post New]by ldocd on Feb 16, 10 5:53 AM
Why on the Demo. you can't go into the Cotton l. it tells you to BUY it to go farther ???????

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 16, 10 6:38 AM
I can't even get this game to start downloading. When I click download and yes the box just disappears and nothing happens.

A few minutes after I wrote this a sign popped up on my computer and asked me if I wanted to run it. So it did download. It did it completely in the background and I didn't realize it was happening.

Edited on 02/16/2010 at 6:46:53 AM PST

Zeela
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zeela on Feb 16, 10 7:22 AM
Hydrogibbon - That happened to me too when downloading the demo of Awakening: The Dreamless Castle. I could hear the computer whizzing away, but no way of telling how the download was going ............ It could maybe be something to do with the new BFG games manager (I think) that downloaded first, as I think I saw that happen before the actual game demo download - it happened very quickly. It did not effect the demo tho .........

Sorry if off topic

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 16, 10 11:15 PM
ldocd wrote:Why on the Demo. you can't go into the Cotton l. it tells you to BUY it to go farther ???????

I totally understand your frustration ,,, I could not go any farther either without buying the game and I still had over 30 minutes left of demo time. With that, I deleted the game.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 17, 10 10:21 AM
I just finished the demo after 10 minutes because 27 Cotton Street is not accessible in the demo. It's a pity because while I like the Carol Reed Mysteries, the first two kept crashing on my computer. I have a new computer now, but still one that has Vista on it. As the crashes with the first two games happened after 30 - 45 minutes of game play, I would have liked the demo for "Black Circle" to be longer.

Now I don't dare spending a game credit on it for fear that it will crash as well. Longer demo might have made me buy it, but now I'm too worried about the game crashing.

Anyone else had difficulties with the first two mysteries crashing?

[Post New]by peanutrootsgal on Feb 17, 10 8:29 PM
I just started playing this game and like it, but have a lot of trouble obtaining the map to go to other locations. For instance, I was in Edvin's parents apartment, found the key to go to Edvin's old apartment, but find myself stuck in limbo. I can exit and save, but not keep playing at this spot in the game and how can I now get to a new location? In other words, I can save and exit, but I am stuck on the screen with a small gear showing--and no way to get to the door to go to another location. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks loads!
Peanutrootsgal

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Feb 20, 10 9:43 AM
Hey All.. this is one of those sample version demos..where you only get so much of the game to demo no matter how long it takes you to get there ..

Re:Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery missing inventory item

[Post New]by eyedenim on Feb 20, 10 2:51 PM
I'm at Dorner's house looking for the missing cell phone. The walkthrough indicates I click on the phone in my inventory and then the torn paper I found at the jetty with a phone number on the back. I'd love to try that, but the piece of torn paper I need has mysteriously disappeared from my inventory. It isn't still back at the jetty either. So close to finishing this game, and now there's no way to proceed. Really aggravating. Not worth playing all over again just to get to the same point and finish it out.

Go to: