corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

advice on display

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 16, 10 4:08 AM
I have downloaded the trial pressed play and up pops a box, says display mobile intel (r) 945gm ex then colors 32 bit, does this mean i have to change something to play this game and how will it effect my laptop, never very keen on having to change things as i would not know how to change back, sorry if this is a very simple question, but thanks if you can help.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:advice on display

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 16, 10 4:35 AM
I'm getting the same message. ATI Radeon and 32 bit. Maybe I should change to 16 bit. Don't know enough about computers to figure it out. Anybody? I can play 95% of games without a problem. BF is a well run site. I'll wait until someone knowledgeable figures it out.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 16, 10 5:56 AM
Yes I checked the walkthrough and it mentioned that but that it should go to what your computer needs, I just accepted it and it ran okay.

Cheers
lineck

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 16, 10 5:57 AM
No this is part of the game- it allows you to make changes- it will generally choose the correct settings - I would leave it as is unless you have trouble.

The display tab has a check box to run the game in windowed mode.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 16, 10 8:14 AM
prpldva wrote:No this is part of the game- it allows you to make changes- it will generally choose the correct settings - I would leave it as is unless you have trouble.

The display tab has a check box to run the game in windowed mode.
I am so sorry if i appear thick, but do i just run the game as normal and ignore the box? as in just say cancel to the question, sorry to be a pain but a few months ago i had problems with my laptop and it cost a lot of money to get it fixed, thanks.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 16, 10 10:33 AM
Hey Fishies!

You can adjust the display for your game before you start playing. If you're not having any trouble with display, then there's not really any reason to mess with those settings.

* Before the game starts, you will see a window to select certain game settings.

* The game will usually choose the best configuration.

* The display tab has a check box to run the game in windowed mode.

* You will need to manually save your game. Right-click, or escape, to open the menu.

* Select “Save,” then click on an empty slot to save.

Check the walkthrough for some helpful screenshots on how to save your game and other general tips for starting this game.

If adjusting your game display settings doesn't help, of if your game is totally off center, it might be helpful to adjust your computer's screen resolution:

Check out our help article on how to adjust screen resolution by clicking here.

If you'd like more troubleshooting assistance, you can hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, or you can shoot an email to Customer Support , and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 16, 10 11:03 PM
Thankyou game running without any changes.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 17, 10 4:50 AM
Thankyou for all your help. I'm waiting until another time to try it again.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Feb 19, 10 3:39 PM
cleric wrote:I get the same message popping up. When the game loads, the display is off center - I had this same issue with Awakening: the dreamless castle. Even the initial Big Fish splash screen is off-center. It does not give me an option to run in windows mode.

I had the same problem with this game and a couple of other recent games--the disply was off center to the right. BF recommended I uninstall and reinstall, but that did not work. I am running Windows 7 and stumbled on a solution that worked for me. When I open the game from the Big Fish launch menue I get a "Game settings" window. By default the "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked. On a whim, I unchecked it and the games now display properly!

Go to: