Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 14, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/14/2016 at 5:14:56 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

TECH ISSUES for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Jul 14, 16 2:01 AM
At the end of the game, it locked up...I opened Task Mgr. to close game.,,then I got this error message...

Error: Acces violation at 0x00482795 (tried to read from 0x0000000000) program terminated. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have new Windows 10 HP computer.
The game itself was perfect, until the end

Also please note that there was no page showing collections despite the fact that it
was shown on the Content page. Please contact me if you need further help.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 14, 16 5:15 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Access Violation

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 07/14/2016 at 5:15:53 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 14, 16 12:12 PM
Howdy biscuitsmama,

Sorry to hear that there is some trouble downloading the game. We certainly want everyone to have ready access to our games and when something like this comes up, we generally recommend taking a look at our Help pages as that can usually be the fastest way to resolve a technical issue. In this case, I'd like to provide an article that might help out with download issues below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

I also wanted to provide a helpful guide on installing our Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) since it sounds like the Games app has been giving some trouble too:

Reinstall Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

If the above doesn't seem to help, then we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can offer customized assistance and are always happy to help.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this helps.

bfgIlinalta

trueinvestor
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by trueinvestor on Jul 15, 16 10:41 AM
I have played the main game through once and it was great. I decided to play it again and about 10 min. into the game, I lost my task bar, menu, hint button, etc. I have to use task manager to get out of it. I'm using windows 10.
Thanks in advance

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 15, 16 4:17 PM
Hi trueinvestor,

I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing this issue in the game. For a problem like this, I suggest trying the steps under the What if my games crash, freeze, or won't play? section in the following help article:

Windows 10

If this continues, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. They can provide customized, in-depth help and are happy to assist.

bfgPanthalassa

dancote
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Can't install the game, can't contact customer support

[Post New]by dancote on Jul 18, 16 11:01 AM
I was having difficulty playing the game so I uninstalled it. When I tried to re-install it I got the following error: We couldn't install your game because the C\Program Files (x86)\League of Light - The Gatherer Collectors Edition\xmjbplg.exe drive is unavailable. If this is an external or network drive, please make sure it is connected to your computer. Error code 912.

No problem I'll send a Dr. Felix report to customer support.

When I try to fill out the email form, I get stuck immediately because I can't enter the name of the game. There's an extremely short list of games to chose from so I selected **other**. I get the following error: Please select an item under **Other**. I would except there's no way to do it.

I know, I'll call Customer Support. I then get to listen to Customer Support and Technical Support messages that all end with "If you still need help, contact us via email." Only I can't - see above.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 16 12:38 PM
Hi dancote,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting your game to install on your computer. You are definitely right that it is recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and screenshot of the error message you are seeing. Please see the help article below on how to obtain this information:

Taking A Screenshot

When filling out the support form, under the 'Game Name' section, please go ahead and select 'Other'. You will find that there is an arrow next to 'Other'. Please click on that as it will show a drop down menu of items to choose from. If it is specific to League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition, please select 'Game Not Listed.' Once you have filled out the rest of the form, please click on 'Submit Your Question.' An email confirmation should be received. If you receive an email response that seems automated, please be sure to reply directly to that email. This will alert a representative that a more personalized response is needed as well as keep your place in line.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

dancote
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dancote on Jul 19, 16 3:53 PM
Update:

I re-downloaded the trial version and it installed and worked. When I tried to play, i got the message that I had completed the demo and that I should buy the full game. When I selected buy, I got the message that I already bought the game. The subsequent install completed and the game played all the way through the Bonus section.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 20, 16 2:34 AM
i played the trial withut any problems so i bought yje game, i changed the player and now my inventory is gone and also the mouse, is this going to happen with every game i buy> this is the 2nd game this week that wont play how it should be after i bought it and dont tell me to go to Felix thats no help. Getting tired of games that wont run after you bought it
Cisca

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Jul 21, 16 9:19 PM
I too lost the bottom part of the graphics at the very very end of the bonus chapter. Really was liking this game. It seems in the recent past the games are being spit out without a quality control procedure. Not good BFG. Playing on Windows 10.

Edited on 07/22/2016 at 7:07:35 AM PST

[Post New]by BRHINE on Jul 26, 16 9:02 AM
IM IN JAIL AND HAVE TO CLICK ON THE RIGHT SYMBOL WITH THE CLUES GIVEN. THE CLUE IS IT HAS NO BEAK AND NEEDS NO WINGS TO FLY. IVE CLICKED ON EVERY SYMBOL (THOUGHT IT WAS THE BOOMERANG) AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING. HELP!!!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jul 27, 16 3:59 PM
Try the arrow?

Ship wheel HOP glitch at the pier

[Post New]by lmortiz70 on Jul 29, 16 5:51 PM
So, I was really into my game when this happened at the pier: I collected all possible ship wheels except the one that is stuck up in the balloon. I retrieved and hung the first two sandbags on the ship. When I click on the last wheel up on the balloon, it says "you need another sandbag to lower the ship. WELL... I CAN'T get the other sandbag to lower the ship, because I need the SHIP WHEEL in the balloon to do that! UGH! I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 I consulted both the game guide and various walkthroughs and I have found all other wheels. Is there a patch for this?

[Post New]by lmortiz70 on Jul 29, 16 6:42 PM
lmortiz70 wrote:So, I was really into my game when this happened at the pier: I collected all possible ship wheels except the one that is stuck up in the balloon. I retrieved and hung the first two sandbags on the ship. When I click on the last wheel up on the balloon, it says "you need another sandbag to lower the ship. WELL... I CAN'T get the other sandbag to lower the ship, because I need the SHIP WHEEL in the balloon to do that! UGH! I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 I consulted both the game guide and various walkthroughs and I have found all other wheels. Is there a patch for this?

I know what the problem is, but still can't fix it. I watched a video walkthrough and I am supposed to be able to just click on the last ship wheel but my mouse is not able to reach that high on the screen. I tried switching to small cursor and am still not able to reach. I thought it was my puter or mouse, but when I exit out of the game my cursor has no problems reaching anywhere on the screen, so it seems to be a game issue. Any ideas?

[Post New]by lmortiz70 on Jul 30, 16 1:23 PM
lmortiz70 wrote:
lmortiz70 wrote:So, I was really into my game when this happened at the pier: I collected all possible ship wheels except the one that is stuck up in the balloon. I retrieved and hung the first two sandbags on the ship. When I click on the last wheel up on the balloon, it says "you need another sandbag to lower the ship. WELL... I CAN'T get the other sandbag to lower the ship, because I need the SHIP WHEEL in the balloon to do that! UGH! I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 I consulted both the game guide and various walkthroughs and I have found all other wheels. Is there a patch for this?

I know what the problem is, but still can't fix it. I watched a video walkthrough and I am supposed to be able to just click on the last ship wheel but my mouse is not able to reach that high on the screen. I tried switching to small cursor and am still not able to reach. I thought it was my puter or mouse, but when I exit out of the game my cursor has no problems reaching anywhere on the screen, so it seems to be a game issue. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I resolved my own problem. After downloading the other league of light trials, the cursor could not flush the edge of the screens of those games either. In Dark Parables and all other games I had no problems. I noticed my game cursor was really big, so I thought it could be a screen resolution thing and it was. When I lowered it, I am able to play the games now without problem. It's just that everything out of game is now teeny tiny and I can hardly read these words as I am typing them, but I will switch back after these games. If anyone else has this difficulty, I hope this helps!

[Post New]by clarkpyle on Jul 30, 16 4:39 PM
Help Please.
Is there a walkthru or "strategy guide" for "league of light: the gatherer" CE ?? Cant find it on the demo time-period and don't want to buy CE without it. Thank you, many of us customers / game users are NOT HI-TECK 'sperts like some of you folks.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jul 30, 16 9:18 PM
Yes the guide is on the left corner under the hint,,

[Post New]by kellynicolesmom on Aug 18, 16 3:19 AM
When at the pier I am able to open the chest in my inventory with the demon to get the lockpick. but the lockpick disappears instead of going into my inventory. I am supposed to open the chest sitting on the pier with it. Now I'm stuck.....

Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by trainsmart on Aug 19, 16 10:20 AM
Lost the toolbar at the bottom after leaving the jail cell. Tried to reinstall and still the same issue. Shame........

Go to: