Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 14, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/14/2016 at 5:11:58 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 14, 16 5:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by greenshade on Jul 14, 16 6:29 AM
Played the beta and was really disappointed because it was nowhere near as good as the Wicked Harvest game. There is one review on the main page now and I really agreed with pennmom on everything that was said. It will be a no buy for me.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 14, 16 9:17 AM
I've finished the game including the Bonus Chapter and I liked it. The HOS were varied and relatively easy, although some with darker scenes took me slightly longer. I also liked the mini games and searching for the Owls.

Give it a try, you might like it too.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jul 14, 16 12:13 PM
Played the demo. Ok, only 2 or 3 stars is too weak for this game. But as always it is a question of taste. Not all people like this kind of fantasy and helpers.

I do not appreciate the return of the little scarecrow helper, but otherwise the game is well made. HOS and puzzles are quite entertaining, the story seems to take on the Wicked Harvest plot. Is it about the background? The introduction scene showed another idea. So I think, the story will go on and take a turn after the demo...

Could be this game is another example for those, which turn out to be a winner only after the demo. Will wait for a really good sale and see, how this goes on.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jul 14, 16 2:13 PM
Having played the Beta version, I looked forward to this installment of the series, & I think that this is a fun game mostly, except for a couple of the arcade-esque puzzles, which I thought were annoying . . . The little mascot is cute, & the storyline is nice, & the artwork is fabulous . . . I'm glad I got it . . .

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 14, 16 7:07 PM
I like it and might buy it.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 15, 16 10:03 AM
Mariaglorium, you have done it again. I've played Wicked Harvest several times, and was really looking forward to this! I absolutely loved the graphics, the music throughout, the characters, the story and storytelling through pictures. I loved the vos, the list hos. (I seldom see them anymore). I loved my little scarecrow helper.....every single thing! I hope you will have another part in the future. This will be another all-time favorite! Thank you!

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jul 16, 16 8:34 AM
This just goes to prove how different our tastes can be because I couldn't wait to uninstall it. I really couldn't stand anything about this game especially the little helper. Maybe I should just steer clear of this series in future although I thought the one between Wicked Harvest and this one was very good.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jul 16, 16 8:44 AM
As I was trying out this new game from Marigold, I was actually thinking to myself that we have the perfect game here. The player is even capable of choosing whether they are female or male. Unfortunately, the game fell apart just about towards the end of Chapter 2. The narrator of the game calls 'Hank Hunter', ‘Hunter Hank'. Granted, it was a simple error that could've and should've been removed, had the developer went over the product before releasing it, but because it wasn't, the concept of the game deteriorated immediately afterwards. It's kind of like someone ordering a cheeseburger and the server forgetting to add the cheese. The person ordering would understandably deny the sandwich.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 17, 16 9:48 AM
Just got round to trying this demo and I liked it a lot. The downside is the helper, which I was hoping developers had stopped introducing into these games. An over-used idea which was fun for the first few games but is now long past it's sell-by date. Having said that, this helper is so ridiculously cute that I couldn't get annoyed with him And I played as the male character just for a change!

Nice graphics, basic list style HOS and some fairly easy puzzles in the long-ish demo, which I stopped when I got to the docks to buy the game. The usual HOPA ingredients like a map that transports, collectibles and customisable play. Nothing ground-breaking but a relaxing way to waste some time on yet another really boring Sunday afternoon. Let's hope it's a long game!

I liked this much better than what was referred to by someone as 'the game of the year', in other words the Saturday CE (Grim Tales or something like that).

No technical issues with the demo. 9 year old desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 18, 16 12:53 AM
Really a downer for me. I don't understand why they changed the superb graphics from the previous game to a more fuzzy hand-drawn theme for this game? Although the close-ups with the little scarecrow were back to the same sharp graphics - ? And the rest of the gameplay was just "whatever" to me - sorry, but the previous version was more of a challenge and had much more bang to the visual. And stop throwing items I just obtained into my face with a large "CONGRATULATIONS! You have found a Trowel! (or whatever of course) Man, is that ever annoying! Ugh, this is unfortunately a pass for me. Enjoy all those who might!

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jul 24, 16 10:13 AM
cabanaeast18 wrote:Mariaglorium, you have done it again. I've played Wicked Harvest several times, and was really looking forward to this! I absolutely loved the graphics, the music throughout, the characters, the story and storytelling through pictures. I loved the vos, the list hos. (I seldom see them anymore). I loved my little scarecrow helper.....every single thing! I hope you will have another part in the future. This will be another all-time favorite! Thank you!

I'm in agreement with cabanaeast. I've only completed the demo so can't comment on whether the CE was worth it, but would really like to know whether to buy CE or SE.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Everyone Needs a Little Scarecrow Helper

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jul 25, 16 5:54 PM
GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about Mariaglorum’s newest offering, “League of Light: The Gatherer Collector's Edition”, which I had the pleasure of playing in its beta release. Let me begin by saying that although it wasn’t much fun for the poor little boy when the big baddie cast a spell upon him, I sure do love my little scarecrow helper.

The first thing that really grabbed me about this game was its deeply atmospheric soundtrack. I love the blend of symphonic music, choral insert and ambient environmental sounds. For me, the sounds of birds tweeting, rain pouring, and wood creaking all lend to more immersive gameplay. Another fun feature is that we get to choose our character's voice gender.

As always, I like having achievements to earn and items to collect. In this game we collect 6 character figures, 24 owls and earn 20 achievements which yield “fresco parts” which we use at game's end to assemble a jigsaw puzzle. One of the achievements we earn is answering questions about the game itself, which is a fun twist.

The graphics were well developed and nicely detailed. The colors themselves tend to be somewhat muted, per theme of the game. I love the attention to detail and sense of humor revealed within several of the scenes. For example, just as one would expect, bedbugs scattered when I examined the jail cot!

Although the mini games might have been a bit more challenging, overall they were quite fun to play, had a nice variety and were enjoyable to solve. I found the balance between number of puzzles and HOGs to be just right.

Game play modes include “Casual”, “Experienced”, “Masterful” and “Custom”. The map transports, shows available tasks and is supposed to indicate available collectibles, although I wasn’t able to see this feature in my game play.

Overall, this is an enjoyable game with some unique, amusing and entertaining aspects which I think warrant your consideration.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

Edited on 07/25/2016 at 5:55:32 PM PST

Go to: