virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Cannot Purchase Diamonds

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Jul 14, 16 6:54 PM
This must be the weirdest problem, but I cannot purchase anything on this game. I sent an email 48 hours ago when this started, but I am being told the case will be closed in 72 hours If I cannot describe the items purchased. That is the problem, nothing can be purchased. I have given both My ID code and my error code, but nothing is happening.

Does anyone know what the P4 error is? The account and card being used is fine.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Cannot Purchase Diamonds

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 14, 16 10:05 PM
virginiabreeze wrote:This must be the weirdest problem, but I cannot purchase anything on this game. I sent an email 48 hours ago when this started, but I am being told the case will be closed in 72 hours If I cannot describe the items purchased. That is the problem, nothing can be purchased. I have given both My ID code and my error code, but nothing is happening.

Does anyone know what the P4 error is? The account and card being used is fine.

From the BF help pages:

https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2251/kw/error%20code%20p4

If you get a P3 or P4 error, there may be a problem processing your payment information. This can happen for several reasons, and our customer support team will need to look at your account to find the cause and help you fix the problem.

Have you tried contacting your financial institution?

Several years ago, when BF was having a really great sale, after making several purchases within a few minutes of each other (whenever possible, I like to purchase games separately rather than have a bunch of them on the same invoice), BF had trouble accepting my credit card. The error message was rather cryptic so I called my credit card company.

It turned out that the CCC had put a hold on my account because of the unusual purchasing pattern (I was buying games at 3 AM, something I had never done before) and they were concerned that my card might have been stolen.

I assured them that no, my card hadn't been stolen and that yes, I had made all those purchases and I would like to make even more so would they please cancel the hold.

Not saying that this is your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your financial institution if they knew why your payment wasn't being accepted.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Cannot Purchase Diamonds

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 15, 16 7:52 AM
Hi virginiabreeze,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble purchasing items in your game with an error message appearing. Thank you for reaching out to our Customer Support Team. The support team can look into this for you, as this error message can appear for different reasons. Please be sure to reply to every email received until your issues has been resolved. If replies aren't received, the system will automatically close the incident after a time frame. For more information on this error message, please see the following help article that TiramaSue mentioned:

P3 and P4 Errors

It is possible that if you had made purchases within a short time frame of each other as TiramaSue mentioned, the P4 message could appear. You are welcome to reach out to your financial institution, but keep in mind that the support team has the tools to ensure that the information regarding our site and your purchase information is clarified.

Since this is regarding a billing support issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: