Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Legends 3: The Dark City Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 16, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/16/2016 at 12:00:04 PM PST

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Legends 3: The Dark City Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jramme on Jul 16, 16 10:01 AM
I keep getting Error Access Violation 0x077F0D50 when I try to play this game.

alvinlacy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Legends 3: The Dark City Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by alvinlacy on Jul 16, 16 10:33 AM
me too! darn darn darn

alvinlacy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by alvinlacy on Jul 16, 16 10:35 AM
before they say it, I know all about the usual things suggested to try and I have done that. I have downloaded thousands of games; most always they work. Just a few have not. There is something wrong with game itself; hope they fix it soon

alvinlacy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by alvinlacy on Jul 16, 16 10:37 AM
I have windows 10

[Post New]by eroseburgh on Jul 16, 16 10:42 AM
me too!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jul 16, 16 11:59 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Jul 16, 16 12:04 PM
Anyone else having incredibly long black lag time between scenes? Windows 8.1 here. I don't really think it is a glitch, but it is annoying. Otherwise the game runs smoothly.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 16, 16 12:21 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Anyone else having incredibly long black lag time between scenes? Windows 8.1 here. I don't really think it is a glitch, but it is annoying. Otherwise the game runs smoothly.

Yes, I do as well - at least a good 5 seconds, maybe a bit more - seems like a really long time, tho - i'm on Windows 8.1 as well. yes, it is annoying as I keep thinking the game is going to freeze up on me.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 16, 16 1:39 PM
Yes me too, but as I am enjoying the game so much I am trying to be patient.

My system is Windows 10.

jjhilburn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jjhilburn on Jul 16, 16 2:55 PM
Game won't play. Receive message: Error: Access violation at 0x6B36864D (tried to write to 0x8B00FE8), program terminated.

Using Windows 10.

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jul 16, 16 4:34 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Anyone else having incredibly long black lag time between scenes? Windows 8.1 here. I don't really think it is a glitch, but it is annoying. Otherwise the game runs smoothly.
Same here..I came to the forums to see if this was a problem with other uses...Takes 5-10 seconds to go between scenes.

[Post New]by Wivern21 on Jul 16, 16 11:32 PM
jramme wrote:I keep getting Error Access Violation 0x077F0D50 when I try to play this game.

Same message for me. I went to "Help" pages but didn't find any answers for this code/ violation #.
Unable to reslove #sad, #wanttoplay

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jul 17, 16 3:45 AM
Running windows 10. Same tech error for me too. I removed and reloaded, restarted my computer, same error.

[Post New]by lucilu2012 on Jul 17, 16 7:15 AM
I also had a problem. I downloaded the game but it would not install on my BFG Manager ... I went into my Program Files 86 folder and found it in there. I opened the game folder and clicked on the game and changed the properties to Run as Administrator and I was able to play the demo. However, when I finished and went back into my BFG Manager, I saw that the game was still shown as waiting to be installed. Weird.

Edited on 07/17/2016 at 7:16:30 AM PST

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

The hint

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Jul 17, 16 11:08 AM
My hint has stopped working. I tried uninstalling the game, but to no avail. Is there going to be a fix? If not, I want my money back!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 17, 16 11:31 AM
Howdy Everybody,

Thanks for taking the time to swim in here to report your issues being experienced with this game. By posting those issues here, you help us on the Forum Moderation Team out by consolidating technical issues in one place and help us pass along the most up to date information possible to the appropriate teams.

Also, I wanted to thank you all for your patience while waiting for a response and I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like there has been some Access Violation errors popping up for some players.

To help with that, I wanted to provide a help guide that sometimes can help with that particular issue below:

Access Violation

If you are playing this game in Windows 10 and want some more steps to try out, here's an article with troubleshooting steps specifically for Windows 10 operating systems as well as some steps that have been shown to work across a variety of systems and issues:

Windows 10
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the above steps don't seem to help, or if you'd like personalized assistance based on your computer configuration, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to provide help for technical issues experiences and are always happy to help.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 07/19/2016 at 12:30:44 PM PST

[Post New]by momvolpe on Jul 18, 16 1:11 PM
I have same problem also Windows 10 Disappointed

LadyFaiel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LadyFaiel on Jul 20, 16 10:06 AM
In addition to the game crashing on me all the time. The game is not recording the collectibles I find. I click on the doll thingy you collect and the bar flashes across the screen, but states 0/0. I have collected 4 of these already and the game is not recording it. I demoed this game and never had this much trouble with it.

[Post New]by Yankeegirl22 on Jul 20, 16 11:40 AM
I am in Chapter 2. I placed the Lion eyes, and then using the guide, I tried to punch in the 8 places indicated. But after 3, I can't get 4 to light, so can't get out of this screen and proceed. What am I doing wrong?

Go to: