spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Walkthrough Other Side

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 17, 10 12:00 PM
Upon beginning the game you are asked to deliver a message from your father to the neighboring king. The game will light the screen in the direction to his palace. I brought my army because those pesky fugative peasants are too difficult to beat by yourself, yet. The king will give you a blessing after paying him 20 bucks. The game will inform him of your message and he will reward you with some money. Your first quest is complete. Now head back to the castle because before you get there a messanger will run up to you and inform you that your father “is at deaths door”. Go back to your castle and try not to stop. If you take too long the game will end. Once you arrive at your castle your father will give you your second quest. He will ask you to travel to a castle to the North which is inhabited by some raggamuffs. You will need to beat this castle pretty quick because you can get a free soldier out of it, but you do have a little bit of time to level up first. Your father will give you some money and the castle which will provide you with 100 bucks a day. Now take your army and get rid of those annoying peasant. After you have done that leave your army in the garrison and head back to the Kings palace. Here you can hire a lay sister (I hired two so I could upgrade one of them to a witch) or other members for your army that you can’t get at your castle. The entire way there you will be profiting off of your castle since you aren’t paying an army. You may be approached by a messanger from the king during this time. If you go to him he will give you a quest, but we will get to that later. Return to your castle. You can collect money from the your two villages along the way, but be careful how often you collect tribute. In this senario if you do it too much, the game will send an undefeatable army to beat you. Once you are back at your castle you can pick up your army.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Walkthrough Other Side

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 17, 10 12:02 PM
There may be a message left on the main screen for you inside your castle. If an archer asks you to pay $250 and he will serve you, take the offer. Now you have a free archer for your army that you will never have to pay for. Located north west of your castle there is an abandoned ruined. But, it is not abandoned. There is a small army of bad guys which you can use to level up before heading North. After clearing the ruin head back around to the other side of your castle and north up the road. You will reach a burnt looking castle. The bad guys inside should be pretty easy to beat. Sometimes you may have to try a few times using different strategies. Remember, the game auto saves every 12 hours (game time) so if you loose you can pick up right were you left off. Try to keep as many of your men alive as possible because as soon as you leave there will be an army waiting to fight you. After you defeat the garrison of the castle, you will receive some potions and other items. You might have to use these potions in order to defeat the army that is waiting outside for you. After you have finished them off, head back to your castle. Your army will be safe there for the time being. If you haven’t already done so, you can get your first quest from the king. If any of your soldiers have parished in battle you can resurect them at the city/castle where you picked up your lay sisters earlier. By now, there should be a guy waiting for you. He will ask you to take him to see his fathers land (the castle you just freed up of bad guys). When you take him over there he will be thankful that you “kept the castle safe” so to speak and he will offer you his services. He will be much help to you at this point in the game, and he is FREE! So go ahead and say yes. Now you can return to your castle and get your army to finish the Kings quest. The king has asked you to rid the mine of ghosts. You can get to the mine by following the road north of your castle. You will want to veer off to the west before you hit the castle you already beat. Approach it from behind, but before you go in, you may want to cast a spell or rearange your items. Ghost can be pretty difficult, but after you finish the mine you can return to the king and he will give you the mine to exploit for a period of time. I think it pays sixty dollars a day. As always, you can stop and leave your army at the castle before visiting the king.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 17, 10 12:03 PM
By now the king should give you another quest. In the beginning of this scenario, the quests come pretty quick. The king will ask you to defeat an army which is located in the mountain west of the mine. This time you are going to want to approach the mountains from the south (pick up your army first). After some searching you should see a little path through the mountains. This will lead you to the northern side of them, and then you should be able to easily find your way to the bad guy. Once you have defeated this army, you will be given a necromancers book among other things. The game will ask you if you want to break the seal on the book. Its up to you, (you can sell it later to a mage who is located by the kings castle). I personally prefer to break the seal because in this particular scenario the spells you will acquire are pretty useful. When you report your success to the king he will reward you. If memory serves me correct you get money, a ruby, and a metal. You can sell the ruby at his castle or a trading post. But, do not sell the metal (or any metals that he gives you after this). They serve absolutely no purpose, but if you sell them the king will fine you. Now the king will give you another task. You are ordered to head to the South and help the Bishop. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR ARMY. You must take them with you this time. During your absence some pirates are going to take your castle. So, pick up your men and head south. The best way to get there is to follow the road South of the kings castle. You will travel quite a ways, but you should be able to pull up your map and gage your distance from the church. You will then encounter a bridge that leads to the east. When you begin to cross it a message will pop up asking you to pay 10 dollars to cross. You must pay it. Now just travel east until you get to his church. Once you enter the church the bishop will ask you to head north because you need to retrieve an item that belongs to the church. Follow the road east of the church. You will encounter another bridge, but there is no charge imposed on this one. If you run into the owner of the land, I believe his name is Redwall, he will say something along the lines of not wanting to see you again. Don’t worry, he doesn’t pose a threat as of yet. If you continue to travel east and south a bit. You will reach the shoreline and find a boat rental. When you enter the boat rental a merchant may ask you to take him to a Northern location. If you agree he will pay for your boat. Go ahead and do it. Your financial situation should be okay and it isn’t that far out of your way. When he arrives he will pay you with a Ruby or an Emerald (I can’t remember which). Now head over to the area which was highlighted when you received your quest from the Bishop. Dock your boat on the shore and travel north. Before you can reach your destination you will have to fight an army inside a burnt down inn. After you beat them you will receive a weapon for your archer. It decreases your actions to one and increases your attack by 100%. So, it ends up the same, but you get to shoot twice in the first round of battle (rash attack), so equip it. Finally, you can head to the burnt church (I think that is the name of the building. Please excuse my lack of knowledge of the names and places, as I said I didn’t take notes). After you have defeated this army you need to actually go inside the burnt church. Once inside you will receive the item which you can now return to the church. I would advise heading back to the bishop before you attack the pirates. You can resurrect your men and he gives you a reward. Now you can head north to the pirates. Use your boat because traveling by water is much faster than traveling by land. Always travel by water whenever possible. Once you reach the shore there will be a detachment of pirates waiting to fight you. After you finish them off you can fight the army inside your castle and regain control. From here on out, it is safe to leave your army in the garrison when you are traveling back and forth from the king to the bishop and so forth. Now you can report your victory to the king. He will once again reward you and should assign you another quest. He will inform you that Dorian Von Redwall is a rebel. The king will ask you to head over there and defeat him. Pick up your army and jump back in your boat and head south. Redwall is the guy who owns the castle near the boat rental. At this point in the game he is pretty easy. I advise beating the castle before you take him out on foot. You can milk the scenario for a while and let him re-stock his garrison a couple times before you attack him. After one or two restocks he will be by himself, and you should be able to take him down with out loosing any of your men. Once you have defeated redwal and taken his castle, you can leave your army in there. Travel back up to the king to claim your reward. You may have to chill for a while. You can collect the tax from the villagers or check your castle to see if you have any messages (sometimes the peasant will leave your fifty bucks and barrel of beer, which you can sell). If the king hasn’t given you a quest yet, go talk to him. A messanger from the church will run up to you or he will ask you to visit the bishop. I know this scenario involves a lot of back and forth. Keep an eye out for pirates on the water, but you should be able to avoid them pretty easily, and once again, you are profiting from your castles since you aren’t paying an army. Now, travel to your new castle, pick up your army, and pay the Bishop another visit. He will send you to defeat some heretics which are located west of a near by city. You should be able to find the heretics pretty easy. They will be on foot. The Bishop will have given you a guy to take with you. He hits and heals. Keep him in the front row and use him for attack, but if you get in a bind you can use him to heal your soldiers after the first round of battle. If you equip him with any of your items be sure to remove them before you return to the church. He will not remain in your service after this battle, and once he is gone so are your items. After you report to the Bishop you can gain some experience while you are in the area. Near the spot of the heretics there will be some ruins. If you defeat them and travel back to the Bishop he will reward. I think I am going to stop now. I will post some more tomorrow. In the mean time, if you continue to play the scenario, avoid the East Coast. If you tamper to much over there it will mess up the game and the king will quit giving you quests. Then, the game becomes impossible to beat (as far as I know). You can stop at local inns and do some of those quests. Or you can travel North and defeat the pirates and their den (They pay pretty nicely).

[Post New]by TheoJ177 on Apr 16, 10 10:13 AM
more

Go to: