bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 18, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Welcome to Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 3:02 AM

Lovely game.

l have no experience with Collector's Editions and l was wandering if a game credit would be refunded if l buy the pre-view game now and the Colletors Edition later.

l found the answer in the Help section and l will copy it in the next post.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 3:04 AM
copy from the Help section:

I purchased the standard version game. How do I upgrade to the Collector's Edition without losing my progress in the game?

If you've already purchased the standard version game and would like to get the Collector's Edition without losing your progress, follow the steps below.

Purchase and download the Collector's Edition.
Contact Customer Support and we will offer you a refund for the standard version game.

By purchasing and installing the Collector's Edition before we refund the original purchase, your player profile should be saved. (If you've already played part of the game, this would prevent you from having to start from the beginning.)

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 3:10 AM

Last thing to say:
My favourite DD was Hometown Gourmet.
l bought it from Playfirst for $20,- a long time ago and added all the extra restaurants that came out later for $5,- each.
In this way l spend at least $60,- on this game alone.

l realy hope the Collectors Edition is a one and only purchase and there will not be all sorts of added extra for sale later on.

l wouldn't mind if the mods would or could answer this question.

DeeCeeS
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by DeeCeeS on Feb 18, 10 6:12 AM
Really disappointed with the Facebook connection aspect of this and always having that in the top corner of my screen. I'm getting tired of having Facebook shoved in my face everywhere I look. Would be great if there were a way to opt out of that at the beginning of the game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 7:19 AM
DeeCeeS wrote:Really disappointed with the Facebook connection aspect of this and always having that in the top corner of my screen. I'm getting tired of having Facebook shoved in my face everywhere I look. Would be great if there were a way to opt out of that at the beginning of the game.

It is annoying I agree. I demoed a game at Al*awar the other day and quit playing after 15 minutes because of the facebook logo everywhere.
It really is ingame advertising and certainly not wanted, especially when you pay the premium price for a game.

What is a Collector's Edition?

[Post New]by erinplus3 on Feb 18, 10 7:50 AM
Will this Flo game eventually be released at standard price? What more do you get if you order the Collector's Edition?

I would like these questions answered before I order the Collector's Edition. I'm not interested in the concept art, retrospective, etc., but would enjoy the advanced levels. Not worth it for me to pay $19.95 for all that, though. I'm on a tight budget.

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

What is a Collector's Edition?

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Feb 18, 10 10:54 AM
erinplus3 wrote:Will this Flo game eventually be released at standard price? What more do you get if you order the Collector's Edition?

I would like these questions answered before I order the Collector's Edition. I'm not interested in the concept art, retrospective, etc., but would enjoy the advanced levels. Not worth it for me to pay $19.95 for all that, though. I'm on a tight budget.

I was thinking the same thing...Was disappointed in the Collectors Dire Grove and paid the CE price and they made the games count for 3 AFTER which kind of ticked me off. LOVE BFG but hate that aspect.

I honestly do not see any benefit after playing the demo

[Post New]by schildkr0 on Feb 18, 10 9:06 PM
Just curious if anyone has already finished this game or not. Was interested in knowing about how long the game is and if it's worth paying $20 for. I love Diner Dash games, but don't want to spend that much on a game if I'm going to finish it in and hour or two.

[Post New]by klmcknight5804 on Feb 19, 10 12:09 AM
I absolutely LOVE every aspect of the game! I am an avid Facebooker BUT I hate the FB games. I Love having things connected with FB! I think I am the ONLY person on these forums who is HAPPY about the FB add-on! TY for the FB add-on! I hope to see more games that have it. For those people who do not like the FB add-on, maybe include an option under settings to use FB connect or not. If you check yes then when you go back to the main menu you will be prompted to log in to FB. If you check no then you are no longer burdened with the FB stuff plastered throughout the game. I LOVE the new game and the FB add on! THANK YOU! I appreciate it!

On the price of the collector edition. I understand the deal with the membership to be able to purchase all games at a lower price. Why not have the collector edition available to memebers for 2 credits. It still increases the price for the extras but allows members to have the benefit of well the membership!
OR
When members pay for the collectors edition they will receive a free credit for another game.

What do you think?

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Feb 19, 10 10:49 AM
I only decided to download and try the game today (usually "Diner Dash" isn't exactly my forte, I prefer other TMs).

But the changes they made in the gameplay (townspeople and the very imaginative seating) are great. The game also seems slightly easier than most other "Diner Dash" games which is good for me.

I still have to get through a lot of levels (currently in the middle of the third scenario), but I love serving people in the middle of the street and I also love being able to use the build-in strategy guide, because - unlike in Hidden Objects Games - I sometimes rather need a few tips. I also like the other additional content - and that I don't have to finish the game to see it.

Will regular edition come out?

[Post New]by pmcrn1 on Feb 19, 10 3:35 PM
I have read that the regular edition, costing $6.99, will come out approximately 2 weeks after the Collector's edition is release. So, should be out in a few weeks.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Feb 19, 10 6:34 PM
I am a Diner Dash junkie. Have all the games. When you buy the Collectos Ed you get three game checks which is great. I am on level 2 and love all the new add ons. I don't know much about facebook so have no clue where my comments are going! haha!
Thank you BFG for the new DD game!! and for those who don't know.....on the prior games if you get expert all the games it opens new games for you!
Have fun everyone! It is work the $20 in my opinion!!! Glad its the week end so I can play on my days off from work!

Paws

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Feb 20, 10 7:37 AM
klmcknight5804 wrote:I absolutely LOVE every aspect of the game! I am an avid Facebooker BUT I hate the FB games. I Love having things connected with FB! I think I am the ONLY person on these forums who is HAPPY about the FB add-on! TY for the FB add-on! I hope to see more games that have it. For those people who do not like the FB add-on, maybe include an option under settings to use FB connect or not. If you check yes then when you go back to the main menu you will be prompted to log in to FB. If you check no then you are no longer burdened with the FB stuff plastered throughout the game. I LOVE the new game and the FB add on! THANK YOU! I appreciate it!

On the price of the collector edition. I understand the deal with the membership to be able to purchase all games at a lower price. Why not have the collector edition available to memebers for 2 credits. It still increases the price for the extras but allows members to have the benefit of well the membership!
OR
When members pay for the collectors edition they will receive a free credit for another game.
This is what would make sense to me. Is it worth the 20?

What do you think?

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 20, 10 8:10 AM
Why is it only Game Club Members can download the 60 minute trial?

Why must you pay money to play a demo?

[Post New]by tinydancer114 on Feb 20, 10 11:22 AM
Wooh- first time posting @ BF I've been a member on/off for ages but here I'm including text from a post I made just a bit ago in the PF forums (first time writing there too)..hmm this game is making me loose my lurker status!

It was in reply to someone's enquiry of whether the game was improved/worth playing and worth the CE price.

'I definitely think the game is worth playing, in terms of improvement it depends on what you are looking for (I'm an avid TM player, yet I never mastered previous DD games- ie I can get all expert in Burger Shop games, all Cake Mania games even 3 with all its craziness, etc but never in DD- something with my strategy must be wrong!). For me I loved this game! Yes, compared to the other DD games I have, I was able to get expert on many more levels than before (but before I'd actually stopped playing some of the previous DD because of not being able to get past certain levels=not fun). I really enjoyed the new locations especially the out of the box seating which I know some people don't like and the lawyers, librarians & clowns (nothing beats shutting up the annoying business women 'cause they're mystified by the clowns) . For me it made it fun & challenging yet not 'I wanna pull my hair out' challenging, which is not what I want when I play a game after all it's meant to be fun, not work!'

Continued next post...

[Post New]by tinydancer114 on Feb 20, 10 11:25 AM
Continued from previous post..

In terms of the Collectors edition, I really enjoyed having all the info there for me to see (there's a detailed description of every level with what groups are coming, their colors and how to master that); although I must admit a) I'm still not finished with the game (third world a.t.m.) b) I haven't used the info for every level and still managed expert on many. It is very useful for those levels you have trouble with and the extras like screensavers, etc are cute if you like that sort of thing.

I'd say get the Collectors ed if you are desperate to play the game, dont want to wait till some kind soul posts all of the info for the levels on some message board, and you'd enjoy having the screen-savers, etc. I paid for it straight away and I'm not disappointed one bit (although you should know I've always been a BF member & the incentive of a collectors ed giving me 3 stamps toward my free game pulled me over the edge of getting it now- needed two more for a free one nxt month. Also, I live in London so 19.99 in American Dollars is not bad for a game with extras when in British Pounds).

ps: I'm on Facebook, but I have no interest at all in logging in from my game so that part of it is a waste for me- I get well annoyed when all my home page is filled with friends on certain games and think the two should not be correlated..at all! Although I am thinking of starting a new game and sending me the shoes through my boyfriends account (don't worry we live together and he's all for it, not stealing his login LOL) Anyone tried that out? What do these shoes do that the in-game upgraded ones don't?'

~TD114

[Post New]by angelluvsadam101 on Feb 20, 10 8:37 PM
why wont my game install? It doesnt have an error message or anything.. it just has said for the last hour that it is still installing? I have windows 7.. is that why?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 20, 10 10:40 PM
MarkAlan wrote:Why is it only Game Club Members can download the 60 minute trial?

Why must you pay money to play a demo?

You don't have to be a member- well you do but Big Fish have made loopholes so anyone can download demo and buy the collectors editions.

Just sign up for the free 30 day trial - you can cancel before the month finished and you wont get $6,99 charge.

CE's are only a smoke and mirrors member benefit.

dlkelly01
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dlkelly01 on Feb 21, 10 3:15 PM
I think the game is woth the money. I've never paid $20 for a game, but I love the DD series. You have the usual 50 levels. Finished the game in a few hours, but was worth my money.

Go to: