bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 18, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Tarot's Misfortune players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to The Tarot's Misfortune forum

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 18, 10 12:18 AM
Four days without a new hog...heck yeah, I bought it sight unseen, lol.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 12:24 AM
It is going to take 4 days to download it here- going very slowly .................

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Feb 18, 10 12:35 AM
Error loading!!!

also posted on main page...

the following message appears after downloading and trying to play game:

DLL missing, corrupt or wrong.
ming10.dll
error 998

I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Same message each time.

(I run a brand new dual core processor laptop... and, maybe my Windows 7 caused the problem, I don't know) Thought you might be interested...

Anypone else have the same problem???

pattiepicc
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by pattiepicc on Feb 18, 10 12:36 AM
Having a problem in Orphanage lunch room.
All of the rest of the Orphanage is done... the card said I need the door knocker to open the head masters door..... Well I have the door knocker but It won't open the door... I have gone to the map to see if I missed something but every other site is complete. I hit hint and it tells me to put the knocker on the door but it just won't go!!!
Is this a glitch what it the trick to get the knocker on the door!!!!!!!!

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 12:37:17 AM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 18, 10 12:59 AM
I have just played around 35 minutes it looks like a fun game not too hard or easy and as the title speaks for its self no one should be upset as if they do not like tarot cards type games just do not download.as does include tarrot cards,.
I do not mind, I take a game as a game, and it does not offend, I actually like a little bit of mystery and would love my cards read if I could believe in what they said, but I am a bit of a sceptic to good to be true and do not want to hear about the bad. I would like to know how long befor I purchase, as I a a few I can finish first or replay. I already have two extras for next month.

Cheers
lineck

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Feb 18, 10 1:01 AM
pattiepicc wrote:Having a problem in Orphanage lunch room.
All of the rest of the Orphanage is done... the card said I need the door knocker to open the head masters door..... Well I have the door knocker but It won't open the door... I have gone to the map to see if I missed something but every other site is complete. I hit hint and it tells me to put the knocker on the door but it just won't go!!!

Knockers are always trouble.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 1:02:25 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 18, 10 1:09 AM
I've just 24 min left on demo and I am still stuck in the jail. I have the key but on the padlock it just opens a row of 5 numbers and not a clue for a combination. For a hint it tells me to boil water. Huh?? Guess I'll have to wait for a walkthrough or sit the rest of the hour clicking random numbers in 5's.

Looks like a decent length game from the map and many locations. But I have to break out of jail first and no skip on that puzzle. Any ideas?

Loaded fine on vista laptop, no errors. May try it on my pc with xp and see if the key will work. I love Tarot so looking forward to playing as the graphics so far do look like real Tarot cards, not those fake symbols on that other Tarot mystery dud.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 1:13 AM
puzzledone wrote:I've just 24 min left on demo and I am still stuck in the jail. I have the key but on the padlock it just opens a row of 5 numbers and not a clue for a combination. For a hint it tells me to boil water. Huh?? Guess I'll have to wait for a walkthrough or sit the rest of the hour clicking random numbers in 5's.

Looks like a decent length game from the map and many locations. But I have to break out of jail first and no skip on that puzzle. Any ideas?

Loaded fine on vista laptop, no errors. May try it on my pc with xp and see if the key will work. I love Tarot so looking forward to playing as the graphics so far do look like real Tarot cards, not those fake symbols on that other Tarot mystery dud.

Hi puzzledone
Highlight to read spoiler

You can go to the jailers room if you scroll far left

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Feb 18, 10 1:16 AM
puzzledone, you need to go through to another room on the left of the door with the padlock. The room you are in gave you a clue that you have to boil water and then the steam will give you the combination.

Edited to add, I don't think it is a spoiler since the player has already been told to boil the water. The room is clearly available.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 1:17:17 AM PST

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Feb 18, 10 1:20 AM
I may be in the minority so far, but I'm not particularly a fan of this game. The tarot cards don't bother me, not my thing.

I find the objects quite difficult to find, and usually I'm good with finding them. My monitor is pretty clear on most HOGs, but this just seems to be a bit blurry, and objects are color on color. Maybe it is the time of night, maybe I'm tired. But I sure don't like to have to use clues on almost every object.

So far the interactive stuff is pretty easy, not a hard game at all. Just not for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 18, 10 1:22 AM
Thanks gov and chi. I'm there now. I had scrolled to left and saw part of the room but hadn't clicked to enter. I'm one of the ditzes that needs arrows or go left here LOL. Pretty game so far.

clock running bye

09Bee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by 09Bee on Feb 18, 10 1:52 AM
I am so glad I am not the only one who can't freaking get out of Jail!!!! How the heck do I know the code to the freaking lock Is this a trick to intrigue us to the point we buy the game no way for me

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Feb 18, 10 1:54 AM
step54 wrote:
pattiepicc wrote:Having a problem in Orphanage lunch room.

Knockers are always trouble.

I am stuck at the same point!!! Did anyone find an answer to this problem?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 18, 10 1:58 AM
On the fence now. I did find that using some parts are sluggish, didn't switch off custom cursor though. Several places I had to click several times to get inventory items to interact with the right things for action. I must have clicked Menu 5 times before I could get back to options or Exit. I'm on vista laptop with 15.5 widescreen and it says wrong res to use windows mode. Maybe a bit grainy or blurry or I just can't see some items even with hints. So that's a minus for me. Other items are right out there.

I want to like this game but don't like using up playtime searching walkthrus either. I'll see if it is clearer on my desktop with XP, colors are usually better on that monitor.

Hope to hear more of your comments, and thanks for getting me out of jail, got my code then opened the door then timed out

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 18, 10 1:59 AM
Downloaded no problems. Runs fine on Vista. Nice artwork, clear, sharp graphics. Some of the objects are well hidden, and yes, in dark corners. But the hints seem to be unlimited and instant. The interactive tasks are not too hard, but do need some figuring out.

Love the game, but wonder how long it is. Will wait to see about that...

Ah, PD, try turning off the custom cursor. I did it up front, and the regular cursor just works fine!

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 2:00:16 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 18, 10 2:06 AM
Played 30 mins trial and bought it! Just love this game, great graphics and interesting game play!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 18, 10 2:15 AM
Phat - Thanks for cursor tip, after into the game is one time I tried to click Menu to switch but it wouldn't respond so went on playing til again had a hard time getting to Menu. Waited before doing ct alt del or escape and a few more hits it moved. I'm also on Vista Aero, takes a lot of resources so would try basic display but can't get back now unless I buy it. For length look at map and count, at a glance I'd guess 50 levels by location.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 18, 10 2:30 AM
I disabled aero right away. It is a resource hog, and really doesn't do anything worthwhile, LOL. You can shut it off through your control panel.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 18, 10 2:36 AM
Great game ... I have not even finished the demo and have purchased it already. Love the graphics. Objects just hard enough to make it interesting and fun without wanting a walk through. Remember any clues given as they will make playing much easier. I changed the curser from game curser to system as I always automatically do. So often the game curser slows the games down. I can not say anything about the music as I turned it down very low.

I am using a 15" Laptop with Vista with no problems at all.

As far as I am concerned this gets a Seattle two thumbs up.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 2:41:56 AM PST

Go to: