govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Diner Dash 5 Boom CE Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 1:08 AM
Poor Flo's Restaurant went Boom!

I do like the new Diner Dash. Rather than just seat and serve there is much going on and different things to consider such as weather (rain), managing strange outdoor seating arrangements and the appearance of townies you add to your queues.

I played through the first restaurant and had no problem getting expert on all levels despite all these new things going on. The upgrades are quite generous and the game is a lot faster paced than previous Diner Dash games.

Now is it worth paying the $20 for the extras. Not really - the only thing I was interested in is the strategy guide and though it is detailed about seating arrangement- it is not very practical to glance at it for the info. The ability to print it out would have made it more helpful.
The other extras, art, wallpapers, screensaver etc is just that if you like that sort of thing. I don't know anything about facebook and facebook connect seems to be a feature but useless to me.
Annoying is a popup to gift some shoes (to speed up Flo) to a friend via facebook- if you use facebook then great- why can't I have the shoes?

The game itself is so far enjoyable and I paid to play it now.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 9:26:02 AM PST

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Diner Dash 5 Boom CE Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 1:20 AM
Thanks for the info, Gove.
l'm D/L now and was happily surprised to see a new DD is here.
DD was my first TM love and l like it a long time, and now l look forward to some new features.
Sorry to read it is connected with Facebook - l do and will not do Facebook.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 1:32 AM
HI Fransje- hope you enjoy it.
I do not know if the facebook thing is specific to the collectors edtion or a feature of the game and will also be with the basic edition. I am guessing it will be with the basic as I read at Playfirst they were implementing it.
Facebook does not interest me and the ingame advertising of facebook is not cool. If you want these extra shoe upgrades you have to obviously have a facebook account and get a friend to gift you.

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Feb 18, 10 2:09 AM
Well, of course since it is Diner Dash, I will try the demo, and will purchase IF the facebook part doesn't ruin it for me. I will not do facebook either!!!

Does this mean all hope is lost for the 5 great levels in Once upon a Diner?????
I have been waiting to buy that. I missed it when PF had it, now it is un-available

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Feb 18, 10 2:25 AM
love the game, fast and alot of new things, connecting to facebook is an option, you dont have to use it,I wont either, dont like being forced into going to a site i dont want to be on.I seen it already on other gamessites
Cisca

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 2:37 AM
govegril wrote:Hi Fransje
Facebook does not interest me and the ingame advertising of facebook is not cool. If you want these extra shoe upgrades you have to obviously have a facebook account and get a friend to gift you.

Gove.
In game you can upgrade the faster shoes as well.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 18, 10 2:49 AM
Loved to play the demo.

The new looks are nice.
It runs super smooth and fast.
The added extra's are lovely.
l like the rain thingy, the windy tablecloth, the busstop, the balcony with the trampoline.
Plus the customers popping up in the street are a nice new thing. Only thing to say here: l could not add a girl to a boys group. Only a same customer can be added to a group.
l can live (play) with that.

(10 = perfect, l did not play enough in the demo to say that)

Short and sweet: a Must for all Dinner Dash lovers.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 3:58 AM
CEdem wrote:Well, of course since it is Diner Dash, I will try the demo, and will purchase IF the facebook part doesn't ruin it for me. I will not do facebook either!!!

Does this mean all hope is lost for the 5 great levels in Once upon a Diner?????
I have been waiting to buy that. I missed it when PF had it, now it is un-available

Hi CEdem
They are going to bring back the extra restaurants (as they should), they just have not said when but stay tuned or check the Playfirst forum for more information on that.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 18, 10 4:01 AM
Fransje66 wrote:

Gove.
In game you can upgrade the faster shoes as well.

Hey Fransje,
I know you can upgrade through the normal upgrades or is there something else and what are these mysterious shoes you gift? - we would not be gifting stuff people already have in their game?? I am confused to say the least

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Feb 18, 10 5:23 AM
I've always loved the DD games..only problem I'm having is the sound is not working all the time-works fine during the movie times but not at all during play time. But maybe its just my pc doing something crazy lol.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Feb 18, 10 6:40 AM
LOVE THAT FLO>>>>GO GO GO!

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 18, 10 6:50 AM
Great new look to everything. A lot of new aspects to the game. A fun time and a wonderful in addition for Flo collectors. But I dont think the collectors addition is worth the price. Who really needs a guide and face book well not for me. I am waiting for the regular version and am going to get it for sure.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Feb 18, 10 7:01 AM
Just completed all 50 levels by expert goal.

Salad bar and diner rebuilding were especially great, and the character designs were cute.
The game play was a little bit faster than other Diner Dash series games... oh well.
Townies and natural disasters were interesting, but later those became very easy to deal with because of upgrades. Without disaster-prevention upgrades, those became quite challenging though.
Difficulty was... tad easier than other Diner Dash games. I never used help of friends still could beat every level by expert.

Strategy guide... Nobody can read seat arrangements during the game without copying or printing. We can't run 2 sessions at once.
Facebook connect is... I don't use Facebook.

Bonus levels were just... extremely boring. Is this a color matching game?
I looked forward to challenging levels like Expert levels in Hometown Hero, and I was... sorta disappointed.

Other exclusive contents were not bad, but not that good either.

In short, the game itself is pretty good but CE doesn't worth the price.

One thing funny was... there was a glitched level and its goal was only 1600. lol
(Expert goal was above 30000)

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 12:14:30 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 18, 10 9:25 AM
Great reviews everyone!

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread to make it the official Comments and Reviews discussion.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Feb 18, 10 10:08 AM
Well after buying it (couldn't help it I love DD and just couldn't wait) the sound works fine so maybe it was just something with my pc being confused after all the recent upgrades to it lol. Expert on all levels and I enjoyed it-yeah I would of rather paid less but then I bought most the other DD games from PF at that price anyway. And yes it was a little easier than the others I never did finish around the world cuz I got stuck and couldn't get past a lvl. same thing with hometown hero lol...gonna have to go back and try them again now

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Feb 18, 10 10:20 AM
Will there be a non-Collector's edition available?

I do have Facebook but refuse to have it intrude on everything I do- do you have to connect the game to it? Because if you do, I won't download the game. Blech.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Feb 18, 10 10:26 AM
kempette wrote:Will there be a non-Collector's edition available?

I do have Facebook but refuse to have it intrude on everything I do- do you have to connect the game to it? Because if you do, I won't download the game. Blech.

Facebook connection is optional. You can submit medals you earned and send some gift shoes powerups to other Facebook users by connecting to your Facebook account.

Standard version will be available after 2~3 weeks.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 10:36:03 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 18, 10 10:34 AM
kempette wrote:Will there be a non-Collector's edition available?

The regular version will be available on all game sites on February 28th.
(A week from Sunday)

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 11:06:22 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 18, 10 11:34 AM
One thing that impresses me - each Diner Dash version brings unique new things. I can imagine that's not easy to do again and again, especially as there are such high expectations by players. The salad bar thing was a good idea, the "weather issues" gave some extra work and were also a neat idea. I wasn't too excited by the broken fire hydrant or clowns, but that's my taste. The townies are nice but made getting points a bit too easy. That actually was a bit of a drawback...the game is really easy. One surely doesn't get bored as there are many things to do, but if getting expert was far too easy and took some fun out of the game.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 18, 10 12:24 PM
Is the facebook thing only a part of the CE? Does anyone know if that's only CE to post scores/earn medals or something? Nevermind....just skimmed Govgril's post again. I'm not the least bit interested in connecting to Facebook either.

Love the game but have only played 1/2 hour of the demo. Trying to figure if I want to get the CE or not, but leaning that direction.

What all does the Flo through time or whatever it was have. Just pictures of the dash games or something along with?

Go to: