bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 18, 10 3:07 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by Vivance on Feb 18, 10 8:59 AM
I am unable to get the trial to download. Always before it would show the BigFish icon when done...then I would double-click and it would start loading in the Big Fish game manager. It shows as a binary file? Heh...not computer savvy but I have tried everything. Heeeeeelp please.

[Post New]by sara821 on Feb 20, 10 5:52 AM
I can't get this game to work on my netbook, problably problems with the screen resolution... my max resolution is 1024x576. Is there any way to change the settings or run this game in a window (without having to start it, since that doesn't work)? I really want to play it! Hope someone can help me..

[Post New]by gozergirl on Feb 21, 10 3:22 PM
I have the same problem, my video card will not support it.

[Post New]by SpringMelody on Feb 24, 10 1:10 PM
Strange problem: I have run the game several times. Sometimes it runs normally, but two times it seemed to have crashed. On opening the game (or resuming when the game was previously minimized) for a few seconds the sound was running OK, but the screen was black and then even the sound stopped and the whole game minimized into the toolbar. Clicking on the minimized game repeated the action. Then I opened a Facebook page in a browser and when I tried to run the game again it opened with no problems.

[Post New]by muffinpaws on Mar 1, 10 6:21 PM
I also have the video card issue, but I know how to fix it, at least on my laptop. I hope this can help someone.

go to start, my computer, click on the letter of the hard drive u installed diner dash 5 on, for me it's c. Then documents & settings, then all users then playfirst then find the folder called diner dash 5-boom collectors edition open it and delete the icon called display, then close out all the windows, empty the recycle bin and it will go back to being in a window when u open the game again, I do this everytime this happens.

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 6:35:17 PM PST

dolcifusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by dolcifusa on Apr 24, 10 2:58 PM
The game crashes after the first two screenshots...

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jun 24, 10 5:27 AM

l never had any Technical Issues what so ever.

And today - June 24 , 2010 l get a game Update . .

Did l spent $20,- for THIS.?

. . . .

pootsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pootsy on Jun 26, 10 11:04 AM
l never had any Technical Issues what so ever.

And today - June 24 , 2010 l get a game Update

I have been playing this game happily since February. I ran the update, all of a sudden it needs Flash Player to run the installation. I have always had problems with Flash, so now my game is inoperable. Have asked Tech Support about this problem, uninstalled and re-installed the game as advised but to no avail. Have now sent a Dr Felix file, will keep you posted.

[Post New]by steria01 on Oct 18, 10 6:17 AM
gozergirl wrote:I have the same problem, my video card will not support it.

[Post New]by jmitch47111 on Sep 4, 11 3:11 AM
This game has a compatability issue with Adobe Flash Player 10. This is what is causing most of the crashes we are hearing about. It will work with Flash Player 9, but other games like most Facebook games require the LATEST flash player. Come on developers and fix this bug!!!!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Sep 6, 11 4:14 AM
I re-downloaded the game today, to play it again, but can't access the guide any longer ... I have the latest Flash Player installed, but the game doesn't recognize it.

Natalie85
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Natalie85 on Dec 7, 12 10:26 AM
I have a similar problem, I'm using a Mac and it crashes after dialog starting day 1 in Thyme square everything was working great until then, need help

Edited on 02/05/2013 at 7:47:23 PM PST

[Post New]by inoriXOable on Jan 18, 13 3:46 PM
I had an issue with the game crashing as soon as I clicked play. It loaded fine, but would crash whenever I tried to actually play the game. I fixed this by going to the game folder and deleting all of the "comics" sub-folders from the "restaurants" folders under "assets". You have to delete one from each restaurant sub-folder. You will not get the comic strip story line anymore, but the game will play. This also worked with other Diner Dash games that had the same issue.

[Post New]by Macgyvertx on Jan 30, 13 9:20 AM
Had to totally remove Adobe Flash Player 11 off my Windows 7 computer in order to get the game to play at all. Problem is I will have to reinstall it to utilize other apps on the pc that require it. I hear it works on 9 but I did not install 9 at all and the game worked just fine after I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 11 with no reboot. Would be so nice if there was a permanent fix for Flash Player 11 by Big Fish. Sigh.........

Natalie85
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Natalie85 on Jun 1, 13 8:59 PM
inoriXOable wrote:I had an issue with the game crashing as soon as I clicked play. It loaded fine, but would crash whenever I tried to actually play the game. I fixed this by going to the game folder and deleting all of the "comics" sub-folders from the "restaurants" folders under "assets". You have to delete one from each restaurant sub-folder. You will not get the comic strip story line anymore, but the game will play. This also worked with other Diner Dash games that had the same issue.

Thank you soooo much, that fixed the problem!!

Go to: