Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Solitaire Detective: Framed here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 18, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/18/2016 at 5:14:59 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Solitaire Detective: Framed here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 18, 16 2:03 AM
Won't open: "Error - Access violation..."
Windows XP

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 16 5:15 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Access Violation

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 18, 16 6:04 AM
Won't open; access violation. Too bad. I was looking forward to a new Solitaire game, but I'm certainly not willing to go through multiple steps just to view a demo.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Jul 18, 16 7:30 AM
Will not open, error violation same here as others are having .
Uninstalled and installed several time same problem popped up ( Error violation ) Maybe the developers or technicians can look into the problem and fix the problem., will try again.
Shame looked that this game would be fun a little different solitaire, but I won't go through all the process to have a game work , it should work in the first place.
Lately many new games are becoming a problem to get them to work .

Using XP WINDOWS

Edited on 07/18/2016 at 7:35:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 18, 16 7:52 AM
Was able to open the game and play the first 6 levels just fine. Then Level 7 froze, had to close game with the task manager. Started level 7 again and it played fine. Then Level 8 froze.

I'm using a new laptop with Windows 10.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jul 18, 16 8:08 AM
Same as the others-error violation. I can download and play games with over 1 gb, but this dinky 70? mb game can't even handle the "Play" button. What does that say about the developer's attempt to let the average "fishie" play? Too bad, because I also was looking forward to what looked like a fun game of solitaire.
Any updates possible or it is what it is? I'm curious about how these games are tested.

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Jul 18, 16 11:34 AM
Game runs so slowly I cant even play it....I was so looking forward to playing this

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 16 12:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team definitely appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this thread. We want to help get things up and running as they should.

For players that are seeing an access violation message, it is highly recommended to look at the following help articles as they contain steps that have been known to help resolve this message:

Access Violation

Run Game as Administrator

If you are experiencing freezing or crashing issues, the following help article contains great troubleshooting steps along with the Run Game as Administrator help article above:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Please refer to the steps in the below help article if you are running on Windows 10:

Windows 10

If you find that you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist and provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations. By providing a Dr. Felix Report, the team also has the tools to ensure that this data gets brought to the attention of the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by saphyreblue on Jul 18, 16 8:34 PM
Also having the slow issue. It is running so slow, I can't play it. I was looking forward to playing it but it took forever to even exit the game due to the slow speed.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Jul 18, 16 9:26 PM
Running Win 10 ... game performance is good. My issue pertains to sound; as in there is none. No music. No affects. Nothing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 19, 16 4:23 AM
When I finished the hand at level 14 and level 24, each time a large gold star showed on a golden background, nothing more, and the game froze. I just went out and back in again, and I was able to continue.

There are definitely bugs still in this game that need to be looked at.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: it also happened at level 31. That's the level I just finished. There may or may not be more bugs in the later levels.

Edited on 07/19/2016 at 6:00:25 AM PST

[Post New]by granger on Jul 19, 16 8:25 AM
I also use Windows XP and got the same error message. Kinda a bummer not to be able to play a game that is not gruesome or horror. Big Fish need to address this problem.

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Jul 19, 16 9:10 AM
Windows 7 Pro here, the same problem with "Error: Access violation.

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Jul 20, 16 3:57 PM
Froze on level 14. Using Windows 8.

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Jul 23, 16 3:04 PM
Valdy wrote:When I finished the hand at level 14 and level 24, each time a large gold star showed on a golden background, nothing more, and the game froze. I just went out and back in again, and I was able to continue.

There are definitely bugs still in this game that need to be looked at.

--- --- ---

Edited to add: it also happened at level 31. That's the level I just finished. There may or may not be more bugs in the later levels.

Same thing is happening to me. I'm using Windows 10

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Jul 24, 16 8:01 PM
Game played fine until Level 17; then started playing slow, I got in and out of the game and nothing improved. On Level 25 now and nothing has improved. I am using Windows 7 Home Edition. Since so many customers are having issues with this game, we should be offered a refund, or the game developers should fix it. [b]

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 25, 16 9:40 PM
Keep getting an access violation and game shuts down. Was able to go back in and play a few more times, but the above keeps happening. Never had problems with their previous games.
Windows 10

leoaz11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by leoaz11 on Jul 28, 16 9:01 AM
I love games like this,and like some others,the game is running really really slow,in slow motion,so that you cannot play it. I have internet explorer and windows 10. I tried all the help tips and reinstalled,nothing works. I would buy the game,b/c you don't have enough solitaire so I get them all,but I can't play it. If you ever find a solution,that would be great. Disappointing!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Sep 5, 16 4:28 PM
Valdy wrote: ",,.a large gold star showed on a golden background, nothing more..."

Yep, exactly, only I didn't go out and then come back in, I hit Control/Alt/Delete and stayed out. Glitches like that, actually like all the ones reported here, need prompt fixing. Cute and nice game otherwise. Big i7 mama running Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.105.

Edited due to comment included in quote box and to add Windows version.

Edited on 09/05/2016 at 4:38:30 PM PST

Go to: