HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

Emil Vogler

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 18, 10 10:33 AM
Is a man. Didn't fool me at all, just one look and I could tell he isn't a woman as he is passing himself off to be. In his conversation with Carol, he indirectly said it himself.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Emil Vogler

[Post New]by heleanthia on Feb 18, 10 3:41 PM
Yes, of course..lol.
He is ALSO played by non other than Mikael Nykvist; the husband of the husband/ wife team who are this and the other great Carol Reed game creators!

It is obviously a little tongue in cheek, as is the reference to, "adventure gamers" that one encounters when Carol goes to see Jonas...

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Emil Vogler

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Feb 20, 10 4:34 PM
HighlandMax wrote:Is a man. Didn't fool me at all, just one look and I could tell he isn't a woman as he is passing himself off to be. In his conversation with Carol, he indirectly said it himself.

Lol. Well if you were paying attention to the Janitor at the train depot, he said that Emil (a man's name btw) was a bit eccentric and had an unsual appearance. I must say it did still catch me by surprise, though.

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Feb 24, 10 2:29 AM
Great twist, making Emil Vogler a transvestite, especially as he/she was played by the creator himself! I lived in Scandinavia for a year back in 1970 and quickly learned even back then that attitudes there are much more accepting than here in the US so I hope the Yanks are more amused than offended by this little quirk in the game!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 24, 10 11:21 PM
Just an FYI- nearly all the actors are in all of the Carol Reed Games.

Go to: