lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Favorite day trips?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 18, 16 3:14 PM
When I get frustrated with a city that is hard, or just have to wait while I ship resources, sometimes I use travel vouchers for a day trip to another city. I did a one week trip once, but I find that I am happier with day trips.

My favorite destination so far is Amsterdam. With just two day trips I reached level 81 and had more coins left at that point than I did going in. Most of my day trips I get to the first or second building and either need coins or resources.

So, what is another good destination?

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:Favorite day trips?

[Post New]by BanditSam on Jul 19, 16 4:57 AM
Hi lordkalvan,

That's a great idea, especially if you get frustrated with some of the hard cities.

Mexico City, St. Petersburg and Capetown are all super-easy and you can rack up a lot of coins in no time. I'm in Budapest now and it's pretty good too.

I've heard Hawaii is easy too.

[Post New]by OliviaBlogger on Jul 19, 16 5:53 AM
Hi, I loved the way you travel. I will do the same.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 19, 16 8:05 AM
I seem to recall Venice being reasonable.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try one of them after I finish Amsterdam or get stuck on it. I'm slogging through Los Angeles and it is rough indeed....

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jul 19, 16 2:52 PM
Singapore is good.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jul 21, 16 6:16 AM
Thanks a lot for all these ideas. I finally left New Orleans yesterday and started Barcelona today. Just reached the first monument and have to play the HH in order to get enough resources
I think I've more than 400 vouchers so I'm going to find another city according to your posts
Happy gaming everyone

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 21, 16 7:33 AM
marie1931 wrote:Thanks a lot for all these ideas. I finally left New Orleans yesterday and started Barcelona today. Just reached the first monument and have to play the HH in order to get enough resources
I think I've more than 400 vouchers so I'm going to find another city according to your posts
Happy gaming everyone

If you just started Barcelona, I suggest you save those vouchers for later. Barcelona is a relatively easy city, while it is followed by Shanghai, LA and Seoul, which are all awful.

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Jul 21, 16 9:10 AM
One thing to remember is, don't build resource marts in cities you are only visiting for a day or two. Why not? Because you will never be able to go back and harvest your resources every 4 or 8 hours and ship them to other ports. the only way to collect resources would be to keep on using travel vouchers, or get there by completing the city just before it.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 24, 16 8:17 PM
Manila is a good one for a day trip.

Go to: