Sortilege
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

WOOHOO! Finished the Challenge!

[Post New]by Sortilege on Jul 18, 16 5:04 PM
Wasn't sure I'd make it through at times, but glad I hung in there. Cheers to all! Time for a drink!

lmcrane
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Re:WOOHOO! Finished the Challenge!

[Post New]by lmcrane on Jul 18, 16 5:17 PM
Me too! In record time because it allowed friend gifts to count. All I had to do was open up my mail. Thank you to all my generous friends, I had 20 unusual stamps in my mailbox. I now proudly display the ultra cool bull avatar!

Sortilege
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Sortilege on Jul 18, 16 5:20 PM
Well done, Imcrane! I'm really pleased with the "cool bull avatar," too. I love that it's animated! Ah, well. Simple pleasures...

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 18, 16 5:23 PM
YAY! Gifted stamps count. "Liza Rose" sends a huge thank you to all of my amazing friends!

Congratulations to everyone who finishes this challenge. You put in a huge effort to do so.

Congratulations also to everyone who tried. Much of it has not been easy and everyone deserves credit for their effort.

For everyone. (This is not a lie. It's just virtual. )

Have fun stormin' the castle!

katie2050
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

[Post New]by katie2050 on Jul 18, 16 5:31 PM
me too now I can clean

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 18, 16 5:37 PM
I too finished by just opening my mail! Thank you to everyone who helped with their tips, suggestions and gifts. It feels almost anticlimactic to have the last day be so easy! But my 5-parter didn't show up for 5-6 days so I wasn't sure I would ever see this day!

[Post New]by Tuliptree on Jul 18, 16 5:53 PM
Yes, I've finished also! Having become bogged down in the rusty chest challenge, and then the gold chest one also, I had to work like mad to make up for the lost time, Both my neck & shoulders ache like you wouldn't believe, from the time spent in front of the monitor without a break, but it is what it is ..... a challenge, which I met.

By the way, my stamps came from launching the Airship, and just playing about 5 HOS. As some one else has already posted, it's all a bit anti-climatic actually.

anita_77
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by anita_77 on Jul 18, 16 6:17 PM
Sortilege wrote:Wasn't sure I'd make it through at times, but glad I hung in there. Cheers to all! Time for a drink!

Can you tell me how you accomplished the collection of the 200 airship items? nothing is happening here. Help

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jul 18, 16 6:20 PM
You get an airship item for every HOS you explore.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jul 18, 16 6:20 PM
anita_77 wrote:
Can you tell me how you accomplished the collection of the 200 airship items? nothing is happening here. Help

You collect 200 airship items by completing 200 hidden object scenes.

bigshrimpy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by bigshrimpy on Jul 18, 16 7:09 PM
1-feeding pets 1-collecting morphs (they have a jiggle to them now) and 3- from HO's while doing Side Quest. Now What??

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jul 18, 16 8:02 PM
Thank You Fabulous Friends! So Many of you gave me blue stamps..sometimes 2 or 3! I Love You All. I am relieved [to say the least]..Some of us have the Man/Horse..I thought this was difficult and the "wording" of the challenges and a few other things were over the top but it's over..for now. The DL really shook me because I wasn't sure I'd have time IF my friend's gifted stamps didn't count. As I've said I named my new Avatar Uggi..for obvious reasons. So where is the new content? My DL took 2 hours.I can't see anything yet so back I go.30 days of Trauma!..wait..am I missing the adrenaline already?.Centaur is the horse my fractured mind just said..Tally Ho! Q.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Jul 18, 16 8:37 PM
All,

It's going to be weird getting back to actually playing the game, since I've spent the whole month gathering things for the 5 DQ challenge (a wasted effort, as it turned out), f gathering pet food and coins for crafting/feeding, or doing the endless rounds for the 100 HOS/200 Airship item stretch.

Anybody remember how to actually play this thing?

Astra

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jul 18, 16 8:40 PM
Astra02 wrote:All,

It's going to be weird getting back to actually playing the game, since I've spent the whole month gathering things for the 5 DQ challenge (a wasted effort, as it turned out), f gathering pet food and coins for crafting/feeding, or doing the endless rounds for the 100 HOS/200 Airship item stretch.

Anybody remember how to actually play this thing?

Astra

I know you're kidding .. but, when in doubt, click on pinfeather's... he's a wise old bird...

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Jul 19, 16 12:35 AM
Finished as well! There were times I didn't think I would make it, but all in all, I enjoyed that. I liked having a reason to come into the game every day and do things. And everyday it was something different. Made the game a lot more fun I thought.

ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Jul 19, 16 12:45 AM
Didn't think I'd make it, but that third avatar is mine Congratulations to everyone who took the challenge, regardless of what level they achieved. Well done all.

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Jul 19, 16 5:33 AM
Yes!!! I did it!!!! Finaly!!!! At last task was harder then I thought. I walked around the whole castle, but from HO scenes I've got only one unusual mark. One mark from the manufacture of pet foods. I fed 17x pets and got only 3 silver box and in two of them was a marks. Wow !!!

Edited on 07/19/2016 at 5:35:13 AM PST

[Post New]by OliviaBlogger on Jul 19, 16 5:51 AM
Congrats! I just started to play the game, hope to get to the finish.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jul 19, 16 9:09 AM
OliviaBlogger wrote:Congrats! I just started to play the game, hope to get to the finish.

1. Welcome to the Forum and to the game.....

2. Take your time --- the upper levels are very expensive and when you get to the end, you will wait long times between updates.

3. Read all the stuff (or at least some of it) on the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle....you will find a ton of good game strategy/info....

***strategy guide that gives all the quests
***where and when to feed pets
***where items come from, where the go, the cost to sell and disenchant
***components of crafted items
***when avatars are unlocked
***all the achievements and what required at each level
***and much, much more....

2 things not there that may be helpful:

Where/when/how you can get each pet: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/659152.page

Total Game Cost:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/799997.page

^^^^do not be frightened by this last one....use it as a guide to know when you will be needing some "serious" coinage.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Jul 19, 16 12:49 PM
Congrats to all who finished. I finished this morning at the wee hour of 12:20am after a very long trip home from out of town. I just could not let it go until today...well, later today at any rate.

Being out of town, I missed the post here on the forum about the devs changing the wording of "You'll get a unique reward for completing every 10 tasks, and a great reward for completing all 30 tasks."
You now just get the three Avatars.
Why am I not surprised... It's disappointing, but not surprising.

This made losing my Isadora game's progress when I lost access to that game for 2-plus weeks so much easier now and pushed the frustration into the "okay, whatever" realm. It has also made up my mind to discontinue the challenge on my Android feeder game. I am only going to work the remaining tasks for my main game. My wrist is thanking me for this decision.

Go to: