How do the Magic Mirrors work?

[Post New]by sweetthing108269 on Feb 18, 10 7:59 PM
I walk in and nothing happens. I have been to several. I click on the donation box and it says it is locked.

kaitawa3
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:How do the Magic Mirrors work?

[Post New]by kaitawa3 on Feb 18, 10 8:09 PM
The switch on the wall needs to be down (usually starts in the "up" or off position). Once it's pulled down, it activates the mirror, so be sure to check in every town you visit that the switch in the magic mirror room is down.

[Post New]by sweetthing108269 on Feb 18, 10 8:12 PM
ok thanks I will go back and make sure all are down. i was moving some of them but nothing seemed to happen. so I figured I would find out later somehow.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Feb 19, 10 4:28 PM
Here's how it works:

When you get to a new town, find the Magic Mirror Express and flip the switch on the back wall. This activates THAT particular station in that town. A station must be activated before you can travel from it, or to it.

So when you get to the next town, activate THAT station as well, and if there's a link between the two, you'll be able to travel from one to the other by putting in your donation.

If you get a message saying the donation box is locked, the station you're in is not activated. If you get to choose your destination and THAT station isn't activated, the message you get is quite clear.

I love the mirror express stations

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,110 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 19, 10 5:24 PM
Me too! I was so glad I only had to go through that horrible root system only once!! Thank goodness for the MME!

Brendym
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Brendym on Mar 1, 10 6:05 PM
When I am in the magic mirror express and the switch is down the box is locked and it says I have to open the portal. How do I open the portal?

[Post New]by veronique875 on Mar 1, 10 8:26 PM
see above post by gamergirl68.

Switch DOWN is turned ON for that station.
You can't go [except by mistake, but I think that was fixed] by MME to a place that you have not previously walked to.

The other quick transport we have in this game is Underfall to Ghed'hare and reverse. One must be turned out by walking there, then you can walk to the other and quick port to the first one.

Hope that helps, if not re-post with specific station.

Brendym
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Brendym on Mar 2, 10 6:55 AM
Veronique: The switch is down and I put a donation to Karahauna but it says I have to activate the portal before I can go there. What do I need to do? I am not understanding how to activate the portal. Can you help me?

[Post New]by songsmith2003 on Mar 2, 10 7:57 AM
It sounds like you need to make your way to the destination city first and activate its MME. Both sites need to be activated before the MME will work.

[Post New]by Daniel1983 on Sep 19, 11 11:56 AM
Hi, I know not what I need to get in the magic mirror.
There's a woman like that requires the programming of, but I do not know what I need.
Please Help me

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,110 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 22, 11 4:33 PM
Daniel1983 wrote:Hi, I know not what I need to get in the magic mirror.
There's a woman like that requires the programming of, but I do not know what I need.
Please Help me
Hi Daniel - sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Could you give more information on where you are in the game and what is not working?

Go to: