bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 19, 10 12:05 AM
In 1631, India’s greatest Emperor, Prince Khurram, lost his Princess Mumtaz, the love of his life. In his grief and despair, the Emperor had the finest craftsman in the land create a tribute to his lost Princess. The task that would take more than 22 years to complete would become, The Taj Mahal. Four centuries after his death, only you can help the Prince find his one true love and guide him into her embrace, in Romancing the Seven Wonders - Taj Mahal.

Re:Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal

[Post New]by drgnflyluvr4 on Feb 19, 10 12:34 AM
THIS GAME SUCKS

[Post New]by Fishmish on Feb 19, 10 12:42 AM
drgnflyluvr4 wrote:THIS GAME SUCKS

I kind of like it. It's very calm and simple. What didn't you like about it?

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 19, 10 12:54 AM
I'm enjoying it so far, I like the relaxing game play and the story telling. My cursor is a bit floaty though.

It does have sparkles when you can't find things (like the stones for the stones puzzle), but since by the time the sparkles came I was looking for a hint button, I was quite glad!

I don't know whether I will buy or not, I've just got through the first map and into the second and will wait to see how long the game is.

[Post New]by StillBuffi on Feb 19, 10 1:20 AM
I don't like that, if you don't go to the right place (and you have to GUESS where that right place is!) first, you are left trying to figure out what you are supposed to be looking for. (Rock? There are LOTS of rocks. Which ones do you want?) I don't like that the cursor does loopdeloops after only 3 wrong clicks. (Go ahead. Find green gems in a green tree and tell me you don't make 3 mishits!) And, speaking of green gems in green trees, try green butterflies in green trees and green grass! Maybe you young people with nice young eyes can do this one, but I have 4 minutes left of the trial and i'm deleting it when I get back to it.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 19, 10 1:31 AM
Played the game for 10 minutes and thought it had frozen. Then had a good look around and realised I was in the wrong place for the flowers!
I like the game so far....just wish I could turn custom cursor off!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 19, 10 1:40 AM
Everything is peachy, except one: No "Skip" button for the puzzles - why?...

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 19, 10 1:47 AM
No skip buttons for the puzzles will turn me off in a toot sweet minute. It's bad enough they expect you to look for flowers and jems and there are none apparent. I wanted to buy this game because of the beautiful scenes but doubt if I will.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 19, 10 2:03 AM
This game really has me on the fence. Plenty of great info about the Taj Mahal but not enough info in what you're supposed to do. Wasn't keen on having to find two of the same items before you could continue with your search. Also, you really didn't need a list in some of the hidden object areas since it was fairly easy to pick out what did not belong. Also, why give you a map if you cannot click on it to move from room to room. At times the arrows to move between scenes was iffy. I don't think this one is for me ..I'm off to . Have a great weekend fishies! Maybe tomorrows game will float my boat.

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Feb 19, 10 2:04 AM
This game has too many hunt and peck scenes. You are continueous going right and left of the scenes to find objects. No hints in some scenes avalable to you. As the lady says "This game Sucks"!

There is too much time lost in trying to figure out which direction to go.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 19, 10 2:07 AM
I have only played a few minutes today (have not many time today) but so far a nice hog. I will wait for other reviews from the fishies, from gamezebo and the walkthrough to make my decision. But I wouldn`t buy it before next month (I have already filled 2 punchcards). Well done, !

Edit to my message: I doubt I will buy it because of the "no-skip-button". I am already stuck at the lion puzzle.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 2:32:20 AM PST

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Feb 19, 10 2:23 AM
No Skip button for the puzzles??? Deal breaker for me. Won't even bother to demo it.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 19, 10 2:38 AM
Sorry, I didn't care for this game.
Nice graphic but that was it.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Feb 19, 10 2:39 AM
I got stuck with the water circles and since there is no skip button I stopped the trial immediately and deleted it from my computer. I wish it had a skip button because I really liked the scenery. Oh well.

I guess those who created this game have not caught on yet. No skip button, no sale.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 2:40:30 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 19, 10 2:52 AM
Have only played 1/2 of the demo but I will swim against the current here and say I like this (so far) a lot. I have completed 2 of the maps in 1/2 an hour so not sure of duration. I'm fearing it's short. You get a scroll at the completion of each map and it looks like there's room for 6 but there's no telling whether further maps will get more complicated.

Graphics are pleasant, tho a little grainy on my 22" HiDef Display. That was a unexpected downside to getting this very clear monitor - graphics that are not very crisp tend to look a bit mushy. Still, it's a nice wander with pleasing music. The latter might get repetitive. I enjoy the historical information, though I knew quite a bit about the Taj Mahal.

I have no quarrel with lack of direction but I am an old school adventure game player and honestly I often feel too much help is given in games. I'd rather noodle it out than have it handed to me. I do worry about lack of skip on mini-games tho. I've encountered a "Repeat the Sequence" (aka Simon) and I really dislike those. If it had gone one more stage (I think it was 5 sequences, maybe 6) I would have hit quit and delete. The hint refill is fast enough for me as I usually only need one hint per area. I do agree the mis-click swirly is a bit quick.

I plan on playing out the demo and making my decision then, but need to head to bed. So far, I like it!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 10 3:00 AM
This game became a NO SALE for me as soon as I was looking for the rocks ... there is a pile of rocks in the picture so it is natural to click on each of them to see if any of them are one of the 9 you are looking for and it really made my blood boil to have the cursor, as StillBuffi put it, doing loopdeloops, for wrong clicking.

It does not make any difference to the game if people wrong click and it is no skin off the developers noses if we wrong click so why on earth do they put really infuriating cursor loops in the game?

Well after the rocks among the rocks there is finding the green gems in the green grass, tree leaves etc.

I did persist with the game in so far that I found the flowers, assembled the rock, put the jewels in the crown and solved the fountain puzzle but I just cannot bring myself to play any more, I am feeling too "loopy".

[Post New]by Ndangered1 on Feb 19, 10 3:22 AM
I'm going to have to agree that THIS GAME SUCKS... I've spent 10 minutes right-clicking in the lion puzzle to look around and find there was no skip button!!! this game really does SUCK.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Feb 19, 10 3:23 AM
Fun, but way too short. Spend more time developing games and people will be generally more satisfied.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 19, 10 3:24 AM
How DO you solve the lion puzzle? I turned them all away thinking then there would be no more water, but it didn't work. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thought the rock and jewel scene were dire. Not a good game. Certainly won't be buying. Agree with most of you here - no skip button and a ridiculous penalty for wrong clicking - especially as the graphics are so awful.

ETA this game looks thrown together.

ETA worked it out. But the jigsaw puzzles!! Awful.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 4:03:14 AM PST

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Feb 19, 10 3:25 AM
Gave it the full hour, ended up at the rings in the pool. Not very intuitive as to what step is next and where you should be headed, lots of drifting around. Graphics are fine, but as some said the hidden things are really hidden, older eyes won't even be able to see the sparkly bits to guide you along. It isn't really my cup of tea, will pass on this one.

Go to: