bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 19, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Welcome to Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal forum

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 19, 10 10:09 AM
Not for me
Map confused me continuosly(sp)
Once I could find an area to work on it wasn't hard to figure out what to do.
HOs were either in your face or hunt and peck till you got lucky.

Unforgiving for erroneous clicks, I don't like cursors that make me dizzy,
Speaking of cursors - big clunky one with no option to turn off
Lastly, yes I want to quit game. Please don't keep asking me if I'm sure.
Only redeeming quality to me was learning about the Taj Mahal structure if you are interested in that aspect.

[Post New]by happyplayer430 on Feb 19, 10 11:29 AM
I CANT EVEN GET STARTED - THE MAP IS NIO HELP, AND THERE IS NO HINT LIGHT OR ANYTHING ELSE TO GIVE YOU HELP.

I WANT TO GET CREDIT FOR THIS GAME AND I AM QUITING.

PlumPuddin
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by PlumPuddin on Feb 19, 10 12:04 PM
HAPPY PLAYER.... don't be so quick to quit. There are prob. many places you haven't even got to yet. I am quite enjoying the game, and am stuck.... but that is the beauty of these games. I gets me thinking and thinking, and usually it hits me on the head eventually. As for hints.... on most scenes, there is a hint button. The lantern on the bottom right that is lit up, is a hint option you can use. Please don't quit. I love Big Fish, and the games that put out for us. Support this wonderful game site.... the staff are great, patient and understanding. Thanks for reading this. Rachel

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 19, 10 12:10 PM

Hi folks,

If you're experiencing technical difficulty, it may be a good idea to make sure you have the latest updates to your video card driver and DirectX to see if this resolves the issue. You can read more about how to do this by clicking the link below:

Help My Games Run Correctly

If you're still having trouble progressing, click on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of that article to get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by irnplayer3 on Feb 19, 10 12:53 PM
please, i need a walk through for this game, i am 66yrs old and cant manage the games without one, especialy this one, so please help
irene

[Post New]by PinonPixie on Feb 19, 10 1:04 PM
Don't give up it is a great game with beautiful pix. i have made through the gardens, butterflies, etc., but am stuck on the pond in front of the Taj Mahal where you have to click on the circles in the water. It doesn't say whether one has to wait until the circles turn color or click on them when they are black. So any help would be appreciated

PlumPuddin
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by PlumPuddin on Feb 19, 10 1:40 PM
Pinon Pixie The pond circles will light up in sequence, once that is done ( the colored rings)..... then you must press the dark circles in the correct order that was just shown in color. It is kind of like repeating musical sounds. Its tricky, but I'm sure you''ll get it. I finally did, kind of fun!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 19, 10 2:13 PM
I find the game unecessarily difficult for at least the following reasons:

1. The Map - Took me a while to realize that the map is only meant to show you where you are and not to be used to change locations. Most HOGs have clickable maps which take you to another location so this one has a lot of people confused. The only good thing about it is that you can see how many places you need to go in a level and theiri relative positions.

2. The Curser - Considering the very tiny items that you must find, the curser seems over large. If you need a Curser than large, why are the objects too small to see? Also, When I wanted to move to another location I sometimes had a very hard time getting the arrow along the edge to appear. You have to find a small spot any variation away from it and you can't leave the scene. This was easier in some scenes than others and in at least one scene I had a hard time clicking on an item because I kept getting sent to the next scene.

3. Very small objects - These are so small that it took me a whilr to see anything at all.

4. Low tolerance - Three clicks and you are "out".. You can't see many of the tiny objects and random clicking with cause the curser to spin after the third wron click. This is even worse in the minigames because the third wrong click will start the game over. I did not play long but the worst mini I found was the brick game. I had to play it about 4 times because after the third wrong guess it started over. At one point there were only 4 bricks left but i had one wrong click left. Did that and had to start the whole thing over. Thought I'd go blind.

5. Hint - There is a Hint system. if you missed the instruction at the beginning, I will tell you that it is the Lamp on the bottom right side. When it glows you get one Hint by clicking on it. it is a long loader so it, along with the 3 click penalty can keep you busy a long time. At least the image are beautiful because you may spend a long time just looking.

6. Failure to move along once a scene is complete - I expected to automatically be transported to another scene or level but it didn't happen for me much. One reason is that after you find all of the objects or solve a puzzle there is sometimes another thing to do. if you look closely, you may see some twinkling. Click on it. it is not very bright and in very colorful scenes it is easy to overlook.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 3:10:48 PM PST

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Feb 19, 10 2:15 PM
How do you get started????? It says to place bouquet of flowers. I don't see any flowers, hidden objects or even a hint lamp? Any ideas?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 19, 10 2:16 PM
Continued...

This is a beautiful game. I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to see the Pearl Mosque in person. I love the images in this game. i may even like the historical information and facts about the mosque even more. I regret that I will not purchase and continue the game but I found the above problems too much for me. I am just not willing to struggle through those to enjoy the beauty and history.

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Feb 19, 10 2:19 PM
Oh my God. Who makes these things. The cursor is huge and makes a awful sound. Graphics aren't always clear and 3 clicks and the cursor goes nuts. You had the makings of a good game but you blew it. It needs to go back to the drawing board. Also ask people who play these things all the time what is wrong before you put it out for sale. we all coulda told you!

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Feb 19, 10 2:20 PM
For bribling, please go online to see the real thing. Tons of pictures of the real thing for you.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 19, 10 3:06 PM
sjsullivan wrote:How do you get started????? It says to place bouquet of flowers. I don't see any flowers, hidden objects or even a hint lamp? Any ideas?

You will need to collect flowers at another location and then come back to this scene.

The HINT lamp is in the lower right. It will glow when the Hint is charged.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 19, 10 3:08 PM
cathmaree wrote:For bribling, please go online to see the real thing. Tons of pictures of the real thing for you.

Thank you! Yes, I have seen many photos. This Mosque must be the most beautiful building ever built.

mockturtle
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mockturtle on Feb 19, 10 4:54 PM
bribling wrote:
cathmaree wrote:For bribling, please go online to see the real thing. Tons of pictures of the real thing for you.

Thank you! Yes, I have seen many photos. This Mosque must be the most beautiful building ever built.

mockturtle
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mockturtle on Feb 19, 10 4:56 PM
thanks for the info. unfortunately, i already purchased the game and am stuck on the brick minigame. Help! When is the walkthrough coming out?

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 4:57:40 PM PST

mockturtle
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mockturtle on Feb 19, 10 5:11 PM
OMG! I had to get back to you all! My husband just looked at the bricks game and found that the fronts of the bricks have different patterns - some have dots, leaves, etc. in different places. Just match the pairs with the same front. The smarty pants did the game in one minute. Keep trudging on as I will. See ya later!

cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cmcating on Feb 19, 10 5:32 PM
I am trying to get started and know that I need flowers from another location(s), but how do it get to another location? I have no lantern to use for hint and can't do anything with the roses or the gems on the other side.

Help Please!

[Post New]by glohop48657 on Feb 19, 10 5:42 PM
happyplayer430 wrote:I CANT EVEN GET STARTED - THE MAP IS NIO HELP, AND THERE IS NO HINT LIGHT OR ANYTHING ELSE TO GIVE YOU HELP.

I WANT TO GET CREDIT FOR THIS GAME AND I AM QUITING.

Go to: